babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Dangerous!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Do the auto lights have adjustable sensitivity like an Audi ?
Not that I have found out about unless the dealer can do it with Autologic or whatever plug in system they use
(09-10-2011 04:38pm)defender_uk Wrote: [ -> ]I have for the last four years always driven with my dipped headlights on. Italy and I think Spain have insisted on it for that period. At first driving in Italy I thoiught it was stupid, but ag=fter a month there, began to agree. Since most of UK population can't even turn their lights off in the dark or torrential rain, where by law in UK we are meant too, I just prefer to have them on. Quite pleased that the Evoque has DRLs. I had thought that was the point of the LEDs on the 2010 RRS and D4, but sadly it wasn't...they were just bling...Sad

Agree with defender. In Scandinavia we have been driving with lights always on since ABBA was new! You cannot even turn them off without removing the fuse in all scandinavian specced cars. No pedestrian or biker complains - you'll all get used to it in few weeks!
Bump (ish).

I have been speaking with Pete at Bell Auto Services as to whether it would be possible for adjustment to be made so that rear lights come on with the DRL's. Pete thinks this is possible and I will let you know of updates
(09-10-2011 12:23pm)lrdaft Wrote: [ -> ]Found a major flaw with the evoque
I did not spec auto lights and wipers as I thought the were not nessasary and I was trying to keep costs down however twice last night I drove off with only the daytime running lights on and no tail lights you just don't notice as the dash is already lit up so for those of you still speccing up your car add auto lights
I'm not sure what I should do any suggestions?
Do you think land rover know how dangerous this could be?
Can you retrofit auto lights?

I rather stupidly fell for this the other morning, I do have auto lights but had turned them off the evening before whilst uploading CDs on my drive. Set off the next morning in my grey car on a very grey and rainy early morning, lots of spray on the motorway. Had a beemer beeping at me as he went past and couldn't figure out what he was upset about at first. Because the dash was illuminated i didn't imediatley twig that my exterior lights weren't on.

Totally my fault but I was suprised how easy I fell for it as in previous cars the dash illuminates with the side lights.

mental note to self , stop giving Evoque drivers a bad name and look for the green light warning indicator on the dashing future.
Opposite for me. I've had auto lights in my last few cars and hate them. I prefer to know when my lights are on/off and not have a sensor decide for me.

The only time I use them is going through tunnels in the Alps but even then I'm quicker to want to turn them on and off and end up waiting for the auto lights to catch up.
I had an old car years ago where the entire dashboard lit up as soon as the ignition was on, and agree with the original post - this was potentially dangerous. Albeit not a design fault (the car was designed to work like that), however much easier to drive (in well lit streets) with lights off. Yes we should all make sure our lights are on, but if there's no obvious difference inside the car (apart from a wee dashboard light or two), then easy to forget. As someone as mentioned, Audi dashboard lights switch off when it starts getting dark. This works really well, and is a useful reminder that it's time to switch the outside lights on. As mentioned in another thread, I tend to drive with my lights either on dipped beam (so I can be seen front and back) or fully off (on the very brightest of days, which isn't that often). So I'm fairly used to flicking my lights on when getting in the car. I see the DRLs as unnecessary bling anyway, so will be getting mine deactivated by the dealer. Then I can be in charge of what's on and what's off! If the light levels are such that we need the front of our cars illuminated (or we're arguing the safety benefits of DRLs), then chances are we need the rear illuminated too. The Auto setting won't do this for us either, as (DRLs aside) I've found this doesn't switch the lights on until quite low light conditions.
(24-12-2011 11:31am)QueJumper Wrote: [ -> ]Opposite for me. I've had auto lights in my last few cars and hate them. I prefer to know when my lights are on/off and not have a sensor decide for me.

+1
I've had auto lights in my previous 5 cars but still alway's look for the green light to assure myself that the headlights are indeed on!
(09-10-2011 07:26pm)Acwats Wrote: [ -> ]i think BMW have it right

DRL's also light up the rears with no dashboard lights

This ensures rear lights are on if you forget and you soon get a reminder when you can't see the dashboard

+1
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's