babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Dangerous!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Will check later but I think they go off
I think about the only people who complain about cars having DRL's are the bikers, they claim that everybody running on dipped headlights or DRL's means they now blend back into the background. That isn't my experience it appears that many of the guys on really powerful bikes now drive on extremely powerful main beams instead of dipped or a single DRL.
Anyone think of a way to get the rear lights on with the DRLs?
that would be good....i do think we should have rear drl too....
One of the reasons i specced auto wipers/lights on my pure is because my last couple of cars have had them and i am used to them. Otherwise i think there a waste of money for lazy Censored lol.

I agree its not the cars fault though but the drivers if they forget lo light up!
I've just been out and fiddled with the light switch.............
1) Auto -on headlights set at auto, Normal DRL's are bright, no rear lights
2) Switch to side light setting and the DRL's become "dipped" as happens when you signal to turn, rear lights on
3) Headlights on dipped setting, bright DRL's + dipped headlights, rear lights on.
There is probably a means at the dealer of setting the tail lights to come on as required in certain markets - anybody with Rovercom or Autologic?
It's not that you forget, you assume they are on because of the amount of light they put out and the dash is lit up
There is a "headlights on" green icon comes on in the binnacle as well when your headlights are on, this is off if you are just using the DRL's - this also illuminates when the auto-on mode switches on the headlights and goes out when the auto-on shuts them down again.

Dash with auto headlights set at auto and headlights/side lights off, see the DRL's reflected in the back of my Def90
[Image: fd83625a.jpg]

Headlights set to "sidelights" setting, green light on in the left hand binnacle and dull DRL's
[Image: c31fa37b.jpg]

Headlights on dipped, front and rear fog lights on (icons in the RH binnacle)
[Image: 138ecbbe.jpg]

SO, no green light in the left hand binnacle then no lights on except the DRL's
i think BMW have it right

DRL's also light up the rears with no dashboard lights

This ensures rear lights are on if you forget and you soon get a reminder when you can't see the dashboard
good explanation Tim.....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's