Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Stratstone Land Rover, Perth, Scotland
Spiderman

Stratstone Land Rover, Perth, Scotland

I have just ordered 2 new Evoques. Fantastic Service. Mike Pugh the dealer Principal is a very professional operator.

Do not hesitate to contact him on 01738 474 200 unfortunately you'll go through Stratstones Call Centre, but just ask for Mike in Perth Land Rover or you could email him directly on mike.pugh@stratstone.com

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 23-09-2011 10:31am by Spiderman.)
11-09-2011 03:45am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

RE: Stratstone Land Rover, Perth, Scotland

why is he so fantastic? what did he do that was over and above taking an order off you?
11-09-2011 09:46am
ytshome

Hi, Sounds almost like an advert. Could you mention why he stood out, what you've ordered and anything else that's relevant?

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
11-09-2011 11:07am
Wackyjim

Mmmmh!!...Have bought vehicles from S/T Perth and have found them to be ok but far from exceptional like all dealers great when it comes to buying something...but still waiting (2 months) for the call to get trim fixed on my 4.4TDV8 FFRR

Currently have a FFRR 4.4 TDV8 which I am keeping...now waiting for Dynamic Evoque in Fuji white with a couple of extras!!!!....wife thinks its for her and so does my secretary LaughingLaughing
11-09-2011 11:40am
Spiderman

(11-09-2011 11:07am)ytshome Wrote:  Hi, Sounds almost like an advert. Could you mention why he stood out, what you've ordered and anything else that's relevant?

In response to both of you, I have dealt with Stratstones Perth for many years now and have always received courteous and flawless service when compared to any of the other Dealerships I use for my other vehicles. When their sales manager died unexpectedly last year Mike offered to look after me and has way surpassed all expectations.

I have since ordered 3 Evoques, 2 of which are Dynamics & 1 Prestige, in Sumatra Black with Black and Pimento leather, Fuji White with Black Dynamic Plus leather and the Prestige is Orkney Grey with Lunar leather.

Before either of you say no wonder he was falling over backwards to please me, I am a demanding business owner who settles for nothing but exemplary service from my suppliers, whilst always remaining fair and courteous & if I don't receive same from any Car Dealership I walk as there are plenty out there, therefore I made an educated comment to assist anyone out there who was receiving less than they would normally accept from any Dealer due to a perceived lack of choice.....is the world not about contacts and recommendations after all?

1st Dynamic Evoque, Black one, is due next week and after driving both the Dynamic and Prestige models again on Friday I am very much looking forward to ownership as this is a beautiful car in all respects and considering my favourite RR of all times was my FFRR 4.2 s/c this is saying something! The Evoque is a completely different experience, it looks amazing, drives brilliantly & is bang up to date.

The only downside for me is the Dynamics standard trim when compared to the Prestiges, I really don't like the cheap feeling recycled materials used on the IP topper and doors, it's like a cheap nylon tracksuit fabric. But at least you can upgrade it to the Dynamic Plus leather trim; although it would have been preferable to also have had a lighter leather option to select other than just the black or pimento red!

Maserati used a similar fabric in their previous generation cars for weight loss, it was called technical fabric, no doubt LR will get away with using this similar material as it's 'recycled', 'green', lighter than leather & so aids the Dynamic model's sportier placing in the range and as both the Prestige and Dynamic models are the same price it's down to what LR have packaged to differentiate each of these models to arrive at the same pricing, fantastic effort all round!

Enjoy your Evoques....

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2011 12:17pm by Spiderman.)
11-09-2011 01:40pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Always good to have a recommendation and Lookers good customer service seems to have paid off for them. Most of us are just wondering why we (royal we) are getting rubbish service when ordering an expensive car. You shouldn't have to buy three to get phone calls and emails responded to.
11-09-2011 04:18pm
Spiderman

(11-09-2011 04:18pm)Charlie Wrote:  Always good to have a recommendation and Lookers good customer service seems to have paid off for them. Most of us are just wondering why we (royal we) are getting rubbish service when ordering an expensive car. You shouldn't have to buy three to get phone calls and emails responded to.

I wholeheartedly agree. I had a really bad experience with Town & County of Aberdeen several years back and vowed never to step into their showroom again. Stratstone Perth provided the best experience in Scotland then and still do IMHO which is why I was happy to order my 3 Evoques. I also purchased from Guy Salmon in Maidstone last year as my wife wanted a run out 2010 Freelander 2 model in White, had to be White, and Stratsones did not have any. I used the pricing from Stratstone and GS matched it and the car arrived without problem on the back of a closed transporter I organised, however, once it was washed it was apparent the Supagard included hadn't been applied and the negotiation was a tad painful and left a sour taste so I'm not in a hurry to go back to them.

I believe a client dealer relationship is a two way transactional relationship and if you are fair with them they will be likewise with you, it is best to foster local relations where possible as that way you will get more out of it and an early car too perhaps!!!!

Even if one is paying £200k+ for a Ferrari the experience can be one that falls far short of what it should be & somehow leaves you the impression they are doing you a favour by speaking with you or selling you a car, so many dealers out there are above their station and the best way to let them know is go elsewhere if you get bad service, albeit a call to the Dealer Principal usually rectifies any issue.

Stratstone Perth IMHO are one of the best out there...hence I posted and recommended and that is unusual for me to do.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2011 05:01pm by Spiderman.)
11-09-2011 04:58pm
J77

Mike Pugh is also dealer principle for Stratstone Cupar, never met the man himself but can thoroughly recommend the dealership.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
14-09-2011 08:51pm
Spiderman

My Evoque arrived at Stratstone Land Rover in Perth yesterday circa 10am & despite them having 8 cars to get ready for Handover that day they also ensured mine was ready for collection at 3pm, including a full PDI, fitment of 4 Mudflaps, Puregard Treatment in/out and filling up the tank....now thats what I call service!

17-09-2011 08:37pm
PAT

Can I ask if you've had any experience with Pentland LR in Edinburgh and if so do they get a thumbs up or down?

Just asking as I've been impressed so far but would appreciate you thoughts.

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
(This post was last modified: 23-09-2011 12:00pm by PAT.)
23-09-2011 12:00am