Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it possible to order a LHD Evoque in the UK
donking

Is it possible to order a LHD Evoque in the UK

Hi folks

Absolutely new in this forum and a warm welcome from my side.
Now I have read a couple of posts and some questions occured.
Here is the first one:

Is it possible to order a new LHD (lefthanddrive) Evoque Pure in the UK?
I wan´t to buy the car there and then bring it over to the continent.
Why? The Pure contains full leather, sound system, 8" monitor and some other features which have to be paid extra in Germany or Austria. Also the price is much better.
Did anyone of you have experience or recommendations for a dealer? I´m for business every 3 month in London and Cambridge and would like to find a friendly dealer nearby which helps me ordering and with the rest. If this works well I have 3 other working colleagues which will do the same in the future.
Any answers are highly appreciated and dealers feedback welcome.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Gerald Confused:
18-08-2011 01:40pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Is it possible to order a LHD Evoque in the UK

Gerald, welcome to babyRR.com hope the following answers your queries

Yes it is possible to order a LHD Evoque in the UK (the EU rules require it to be available), it will be to UK spec levels and will have LHD dipping headlights - forum Sponsor Lookers Park Royal will be happy to help you I'm sure but there are other dealers in the UK who can arrange LHD land Rovers. Some can even handle export orders. How soon after launch you will be able to buy a left hand drive Evoque in the UK though is not known yet!

Looks Park Royal showroom is right next door to Park Royal tube station on the Picadilly Line and 15 minutes walk from Hanger Lane Tube station on the Central Line . Contact details are in all their posts, they have their own website and you can find them through the main Land Rover website. Contacts are Matthew Gurney, James Tayler or Barry Palmer but there are two others whose names I cannot remember - Spence is one and there is a very nice lady whose name I cannot remember.

I recommend them - they are 450 miles away from me and this will be the 3rd Range Rover I have purchased from them. I have 4 dealerships within 30 miles of my home that I no longer use for buying my Range Rovers since I was introduced to the team at Park Royal.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 18-08-2011 11:51pm by XFullFatTim.)
18-08-2011 11:46pm
BFGEvoqueMan

You may wish to try LR UK toursit and diplomatic sales (see contact details on LR UK website) as they do this sort of thing for diplomats/military etc all the time. You may also find that whichever dealer you make the sale with that you will have to take delivery from Marshalls of Peterborough as that is where all UK tax free export cars are supplied from?

I know it can be done as I looked at getting mine as an LHD, to UK spec but it is about 5% more than Uk price (all though much less than German price), but they will take a German car and build to UK spec not a UK car as a RHD if that makes sense.

If it is initially UK registered then it might have UK lights which can be flat beamed (no kick up to the left) and then meet the requirment for registration else where in europe , or may have LHD lights that have been flat beamed for initial UK registration that can then be dippped back up to right by you (two minute job) when you have "exported" it.

Hope this helpsIdeaVery Happy

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
(This post was last modified: 23-08-2011 11:18am by BFGEvoqueMan.)
23-08-2011 11:15am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

BFG, no the lights will be set up for proper LHD as this became a problem at 3 years old for my friend in Belgium - the car was still registered, taxed and insured in the UK as he has a UK address as well...................... he had to buy a spare set of RHD headlights to pass the UK MOT, which was convenient as I was selling a set that had LED DRL's in them off my RRS! Laughing

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 23-08-2011 11:27am by XFullFatTim.)
23-08-2011 11:26am
BFGEvoqueMan

FFT, Good point.

I should also mention that when I looked into this, I was able to option as though it was a "German" car, so could order a heated windscreen (not standard on german Pure) or headlight washers as individual options, as well as the option packs.

WRT Alistairs comments yesteday, there are alot more individual options on non UK cars, although not the prestige in dynamic out choice, but many of the UK options that are bound up in packages or only on the Prestige/Dynamic can be had on the pure, such as auto climate recycle, however, i think UK is one of the only markets where you can get 20" wheels on a pure (for which I am personally very grateful).

Let us know how you get on Gerald Arrow

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
(This post was last modified: 23-08-2011 02:28pm by BFGEvoqueMan.)
23-08-2011 02:27pm
donking

Thank you guys for the very informative feedback.
--
May configuration would be:
Pure 4DW with 6-speed gear
Orkney grey
18" Sparkle alloys
Fixed panoramic roof
Cirrus Leather
Ivory headlinging
Ashtray ligther
Auto-dimming rear view mirror
carpet mats
Parking aid-front
Rain sensing wipers
privacy glass
ext. mirrors electic adjust
auto headlamps
front fog lams
----
GPB 31380
- VAT 20%
= 26150 GBP = around 29900 Euro

When I add 20% of austrian VAT and additional 7% MPG Taxes
= 38.400 Euro + Transport 500 Euro + some fees 400 Euro
= 39300 Euros

Doing the configuration again in the austrian configurator I
reach 46500 Euros,

Quite a nice difference for about 2 days of travelling and
some efforts at the tax authorities.

I do really hope to get the 5% extra charges for a LHD car
as a discount for buying a new car. My local LR dealer would
give me around 10% discount. (already bought a Freelander 2
some years ago).

So I will place some inquiries to the mentioned dealers in the UK
wondering what will be possible.

Anyway- for any other recommendations, tipps or other useful
information, I would be delighted to get them.
Cheers
Gerald
24-08-2011 02:11pm
Range Rover Virgin

Not sure whether the specification would suit you, but there are 2 LHD Evoques for sale on autotrader.co.uk - might be worth a look.
Good luck..
27-10-2011 02:55pm