Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Stratstone Land Rover, Perth, Scotland
Spiderman

RE: Stratstone Land Rover, Perth, Scotland

(23-09-2011 12:00am)PAT Wrote:  Can I ask if yon've had any experience with Pentland LR in Edinburgh and if so do they get a thumbs up or down?

Just asking as I've been impressed so far but would appreciate you thoughts.

I knew Gordon their previous Sales Manager & I am aware of the Group this Dealership is part of, however, I have no personal transactions to base any sound judgement on, so if they prove good then start your own blog, but wait until the paint is dry on the deal to ensure it reflects correctly and informs others truly of your experiences please!

I have dealt with Stratstone LR Perth for many years, one of their sales guys has been with the Dealership for over 25 years, long before Stratstone took over, and he visits his clients all over the UK to collect their cars for servicing and drops them off a loan car, he then ensures all work is done perfectly before he returns the cars to his clients. He does not need new business as he has such a following he works off of repeat orders...it is true that if you look after clients they will look after you and this Dealership really do look after their clients very, very well indeed!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
23-09-2011 12:40am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DDX

Stratstone Land Rover, Perth, Scotland

Quick question Spiderman, do you mind me asking how you got the car so quickly? You started the thread on 11th September and have already got your car...

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
23-09-2011 06:06am
Spiderman

(23-09-2011 06:06am)DDX Wrote:  Quick question Spiderman, do you mind me asking how you got the car so quickly? You started the thread on 11th September and have already got your car...

My current Evoque was deposited on last year...

(This post was last modified: 23-09-2011 11:12am by Spiderman.)
23-09-2011 11:08am
DDX

(23-09-2011 11:08am)Spiderman Wrote:  My current Evoque was deposited on last year...

Thumbs Up

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
23-09-2011 06:12pm
Rattrala

I happened to be passing Stratsstone of Perth today, after all the praise Stratsone of Perth has received from some forum members I thought I would go in with my wife to let her have a look at a car.
On entering the show room we were approached and asked if I needed any help. I replied yes and was interested in the "Pure" model. There was one sitting outside and I was simply pointed in it's direction but told not to touch it as the engine is running.
My wife and I went outside and stood looking in the windows. We had assumed the salesman would come out and show us around the car.
After approximately 10 minutes left looking at the outside of the car, we then decided to have a look at the 3 other Evoques they had.(All locked and looking quite dirty) In all probably looking for about 15 minutes. No one seemed very Interested in selling us or assisting us in our purchase. We then spent about another 10 minutes looking at all the other cars in the lot. Again no "courteous and flawless service", in fact no assistance what so ever from anyone.
Also I am not already a "repeat customer" there so apart from being pointed outside to a running car and told not to touch it. I cant see
How some can think highly of this dealership. I have also been into Frank Ogg of Elgin and Town and County Aberdeen and in both instances had more courteous attention from both of of these dealers. And even been shown round a car and offered test drives. I may have caught Stratstone on a "bad" day but the attitude towards a "new" customer did not impress.
07-10-2011 06:33pm
Spiderman

That's very disappointing and unacceptable, I cannot comment as I was not there, but, you will find the contact details for Mike Pugh, Dealer Principal of Stratstone Perth at the top of this thread & I'd recommend you email him or give him a call to discuss your recent less than acceptable experience as Im sure he will do all he can to make things right for you...

08-10-2011 05:08pm
vinny

Hi spiderman I went to school with mike and he is a great guy but i didnt know he worked at stratstones perth until I had ordered from stratstone cupar! oops school reunions should be interesting Laughing

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
08-10-2011 09:26pm
Spiderman

Hi Vinny

Did you know he was also DP at Cupar?

As you say School reunions should be fun, he is a professional business operator and he cares a hellova lot about his business. He has a good team around him which helps!

Hope to see you at one of our Scottish Evoque Meets soon.
Peter

09-10-2011 01:48am
Wackyjim

I have bought vehicles from both dealerships and have no problems with the sales staff from either. I have to say that sales manager Fraser Thornhill in Cupar stands out and is a real gentleman who will always do his best to resolve any problem you might have

Currently have a FFRR 4.4 TDV8 which I am keeping...now waiting for Dynamic Evoque in Fuji white with a couple of extras!!!!....wife thinks its for her and so does my secretary LaughingLaughing
09-10-2011 06:44am
The Valeter

(11-09-2011 01:40pm)Spiderman Wrote:  
(11-09-2011 11:07am)ytshome Wrote:  Hi, Sounds almost like an advert. Could you mention why he stood out, what you've ordered and anything else that's relevant?

I have since ordered 3 Evoques, 2 of which are Dynamics & 1 Prestige, in Sumatra Black with Black and Pimento leather, Fuji White with Black Dynamic Plus leather and the Prestige is Orkney Grey with Lunar leather.

Enjoy your Evoques....

Hells Bells, have you won the lottery?

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
09-10-2011 06:24pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply