39 mpg
40mpg
More than 41 mpg
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
SD4 Automatic MPG
gomark

RE: What average MPG are you getting from your SD4?

(23-09-2011 10:19am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Just stopped at Hilton Services north of Birmingham having left west London at 08:15, now 10:15 here's a photo of the TC, it may be blurred I cannot see as posting from an iPhone, mpg is 43.3 I think.
[Image: 524629dd.jpg]

Dont forget to place your averages into the poll!Exclamation

23-09-2011 10:50am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

SD4 Automatic MPG

This morning I left West London at 08:15, drove to Hilton Park Services just north of Birmingham in 2 hours, On arrival the Trip computer was showing 43.4mpg
[Image: 524629dd.jpg]
The average speed 68mph

After a break I then drove through to Teebay Services in the north lake District, mostly uphill
[Image: 5fbf91f5.jpg]

Ave Speed
[Image: 45f99087.jpg]

Then after another break Teebay to Stirling - sorry for the blurred pic - iPhones are not that great for close up photos and the MPG photo is so blurred it isn't worth putting up, but it was 40.1mpg and here is the ave speed
[Image: 213d4851.jpg]

I arrived at my front door at 16:30, fresh as a daisy!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 23-09-2011 05:08pm by XFullFatTim.)
23-09-2011 05:08pm
defender_uk

RE: SD4 Automatic MPG

cool
that is going pretty well. hope mine does what they say!!

you must nearly have 3000 miles on now!!!

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
23-09-2011 05:10pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim

No 1950'sh arriving home tonight

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-09-2011 05:21pm
defender_uk

lol
you been going some....you still happy with it?

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
23-09-2011 05:22pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim

It's still a fantastic car Defender and as comfortable and quiet on a long trip as the RRS and FFRR. I think what makes it so good is that it is FUN to drive, you can probably have more driving fun in the Evoque than you ever would in the RRS or FFRR, it is just so responsive and chuckable. I did most of the trip north today with Dynamic mode selected on the TR, I honestly cannot feel any difference on motorway surfaces than when it is in highway/ normal/ programmes off mode. The only thing I can sense that changes is the weight of the steering and feedback - it's pretty good in normal mode but sharper and faster in Dynamic mode. It doesn't turn the car into a filling loosening monster that you don't want to drive more than 10 lies in, it just sharpens things. One thing I have yet to use though is the S setting of the gearbox, the only time I have used the paddle shift is to downshift in the first 1000 miles when I thought that the gearbox was going up into 6th too early and putting a big load on a tight gearbox at low revs, but as I have since been told "it's an automatic, if it doesn't like the revs it will change by itself!"

(This post was last modified: 23-09-2011 05:43pm by XFullFatTim.)
23-09-2011 05:40pm
brommy

(23-09-2011 05:40pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  It's still a fantastic car Defender and as comfortable and quiet on a long trip as the RRS and FFRR. I think what makes it so good is that it is FUN to drive, you can probably have more driving fun in the Evoque than you ever would in the RRS or FFRR, it is just so responsive and chuckable. I did most of the trip north today with Dynamic mode selected on the TR, I honestly cannot feel any difference on motorway surfaces than when it is in highway/ normal/ programmes off mode. The only thing I can sense that changes is the weight of the steering and feedback - it's pretty good in normal mode but sharper and faster in Dynamic mode. It doesn't turn the car into a filling loosening monster that you don't want to drive more than 10 lies in, it just sharpens things. One thing I have yet to use though is the S setting of the gearbox, the only time I have used the paddle shift is to downshift in the first 1000 miles when I thought that the gearbox was going up into 6th too early and putting a big load on a tight gearbox at low revs, but as I have since been told "it's an automatic, if it doesn't like the revs it will change by itself!"

Good reading!Smile
23-09-2011 06:09pm
gomark

SD4 Automatic MPG

Ditto!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23-09-2011 09:22pm