39 mpg
40mpg
More than 41 mpg
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
SD4 Automatic MPG
gomark

RE: What average MPG are you getting from your SD4?

Blimey. Not quite to quoted combined figures of 43.5 mpg! I always knock about 4-5 mpg off the official figure, so expected about 38-39 mpg. My BMW 635 does 34 mpg with a twin turbo 3 litre engine - and 0-60 in 6.9. Lets hope the engines need to loosen up...

22-09-2011 09:35am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

Hands up, I voted for 35 even though I don't have a car and will be going for petrol simply so that I can see the results. I'm not expecting more than 28 on a run from the Si4 and dire around town. The problem with 4WD is that it adds weight and extra driveline friction, so you are always going to be handicapped.
(21-09-2011 10:47pm)Daigriff Wrote:  Just click on "show results"...you dont have to vote.

Whoops, thanks for that.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 22-09-2011 09:50am by mark_n.)
22-09-2011 09:43am
gomark

(22-09-2011 09:43am)mark_n Wrote:  Hands up, I voted for 35 even though I don't have a car and will be going for petrol simply so that I can see the results. I'm not expecting more than 25 on a run from the Si4 and dire around town.
(21-09-2011 10:47pm)Daigriff Wrote:  Just click on "show results"...you dont have to vote.

Whoops, thanks for that.

mark_n, I thank you for your honesty, but surely it would have been easier to a) click the 'show results' link under the poll and b) set up another poll for Si4 owners? ConfusedWink

(This post was last modified: 22-09-2011 09:48am by gomark.)
22-09-2011 09:48am
mark_n

(21-09-2011 10:44pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  To me braking is the anti-Christ, to be avoided if at all possible, especially on the motorway and fast A roads, very time you use the brakes you waste fuel, I wouldn't recommend "coasting" in an automatic though. IIRC SAAB used to make cars with a gearbox that would coast on the over-run and another car maker ( possibly Subaru but I'm not sure) has recently added a similar system to their cars.

Yes, I agree, Also, as soon as you see you are going to have to stop at a red light, take your foot off the throttle completely. Don't carry more stuff around with you than you need, ensure your tyres are fully inflated. I recently got 25.8 from my 911 turbo on a trip round Germany including spells at 160mph+, so reading the road ahead can pay dividends.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 22-09-2011 09:49am by mark_n.)
22-09-2011 09:48am
griff

I just hope I can get 42 on a run when the car is suitably run in - say 10,000 miles. I get 28mpg from my 3ltr twin turbo petrol now!

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
22-09-2011 10:01am
Blackseries

As it seems Under 35mpg seems to be the norm .... could we have
Under 30mpg
32mpg
34mpg....etc
then an Over 40mpg

If XFFT is only getting 37mpg with his hyper miling I think most people are going to be in the low 30's .... which is not great but was predicted by Autocar

BTW borrowed a friend’s 2.0 TDCi S Max yesterday - we drove very quickly all day 4 up (adults) ...... fuel computer read avg 47mpg at the end of the day and that car has a BIG frontal area. Must say I'm V disappointed so far by the Evoques economy. As far as I’m concerned the new Stafford engines can't come fast enough.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
22-09-2011 10:13am
Tony

These figures seem a little dissapointing considering the hype LR have made on improving economy in the last year or so - referring to FL2 - same power train. My 58' plate FL2 TD4 Auto manages 33 daily and 37 on a run, I live in a rural area but its winding roads and step climbs. On the figures given by LR (for SD4 Auto - FL2 and Evoque) I would be hoping for say 15%+ better from a Evoque SD4 Auto.

Tim is correct re cruise control and fuel economy, before I moved up here I used to have a daily 90 round trip commute on the M1. In back to back checks right foot was always better than cruise.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
22-09-2011 10:28am
gomark

(22-09-2011 10:13am)Blackseries Wrote:  As it seems Under 35mpg seems to be the norm .... could we have
Under 30mpg
32mpg
34mpg....etc
then an Over 40mpg

If XFFT is only getting 37mpg with his hyper miling I think most people are going to be in the low 30's .... which is not great but was predicted by Autocar

BTW borrowed a friend’s 2.0 TDCi S Max yesterday - we drove very quickly all day 4 up (adults) ...... fuel computer read avg 47mpg at the end of the day and that car has a BIG frontal area. Must say I'm V disappointed so far by the Evoques economy. As far as I’m concerned the new Stafford engines can't come fast enough.

Not sure if I can edit the polls. Maybe one of the mods can perform an edit? I didn't think that we would get much in the extremes ! That said, one of the 35mpg scores shouldn't be there, so perhaps a mod can remove that entry? There hasn't been a multitude of responses yet - as I guess there are not many members yet actually with a RRE yet? Exclamation So hopefully a couple of swallows doesn't make a summer...

22-09-2011 12:32pm
griff

There you go folks
I've reset the poll

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 22-09-2011 01:15pm by griff.)
22-09-2011 01:13pm
Acwats

Tim,

Was your 40mpg with or without Aircon?

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
22-09-2011 01:34pm