Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Paint peeling off.............
Evoqess

RE: Paint peeling off.............

Hurrah for the Aussie! I was going to recommend some nail polish, vivid shade of red. Mrs Beckham would approve! Wink

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
20-09-2011 05:46am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

According to Charlie's Supplier List, the bonnet is made of aluminium and comes from Novelis. I expect they make the whole thing. Have you got a magnet to see if the loops are steel or aluminium? I'd expect steel, but probably have some surface finish.

Looks like they mount on a reinforcing plate which is rivetted to the aluminium pressing. Is there some means of adjusting either them or the latches so that the bonnet sits at the correct height when closed?

I can see a brisk trade in after-market go-faster bonnet retaining loops...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 20-09-2011 06:33am by mark_n.)
20-09-2011 06:29am
AEC

I know this is an old thread, but my new Evoque has the same problem as the OP (see pic below). Anyone else have this issue? Did you do anything about it?

[Image: IMG_0119.jpg]

2012 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic, Colima Lime with Black Pano Roof over Lunar/Savannah (Energy), Style 3 alloys, Climate Comfort Pack, Satellite and HD Radio, Ebony Headliner
17-03-2012 09:44pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Don't worry about it, I have no signs of any corrosion there after 6 months and quite a lot of opening and closing of the bonnet/hood

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-03-2012 09:56pm
broady43

It does not need paint there but would cost too much to mask it off so thats why they probably left it !

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
17-03-2012 10:01pm
ChuckieB

(17-03-2012 09:44pm)AEC Wrote:  I know this is an old thread, but my new Evoque has the same problem as the OP (see pic below). Anyone else have this issue? Did you do anything about it?

[Image: IMG_0119.jpg]

One of three bonnet shuts right? Mines the same. Have to slam it so hard it's hardly surprising!

Am not too bothered really as shut mechanisms in other cars i have had are set up differently with no paint at all. Am not expecting it to be a problem. I did find some touch up paint "splodged" on wing mounting points. That's the one I might end up pointing out. It's so obvious I suspect others will have the same issue as it's on both sides inside the engine bay on the top of the front wing.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
17-03-2012 10:08pm
AEC

Thanks for the quick replies! I guess I'll just leave it alone.

BTW, I have also noticed that I really have to slam the hood (bonnet) hard to get it to close.

2012 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic, Colima Lime with Black Pano Roof over Lunar/Savannah (Energy), Style 3 alloys, Climate Comfort Pack, Satellite and HD Radio, Ebony Headliner
17-03-2012 10:18pm
ChuckieB

Something to be wary of. I think there is a thread on issues with the bonnet not securing properly and the warning coming up.

During my handover the dealer showed me under the bonnet and then he dumped it down....and then again! I cringed! He said don't worry about it, it can handle it!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
17-03-2012 10:23pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Let it drop hard from 6-9" though, don't close it gently then give it a good hard push passed the catch otherwise you will put a dent in it

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-03-2012 10:42pm
Donny Dog

(17-03-2012 10:42pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Let it drop hard from 6-9" though, don't close it gently then give it a good hard push passed the catch otherwise you will put a dent in it

You are quite right, but it's the opposite of what the handbook states! (Doing it the 'handbook way' is also hard work on mine, you have to do press ups on it!).
17-03-2012 11:25pm