Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Paint peeling off.............
Nickm

RE: Paint peeling off.............

You big bunch of girls, i wouldn't expect them to put paint on such a place, but it's easier if they did when painting the whole bonet. Nothing to worry about it...now relax Tim, and you know the product better than anyone else.
18-09-2011 08:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

Just checked my white 10 FL2 - catches are painted and some paint is coming off (I assume this probably started soon after birth) but does not seem to be having any detrimental effect and there is no rust either.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
18-09-2011 08:35pm
paulus599

Yes it is a strange thing to paint, I'm fairly certain though that this type of component would be galvanised, as such, paint won't take to it very well and will be damaged very easily just by the operation of the catch. It's certainly not something worth worrying about though.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
18-09-2011 10:59pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I'm not going to worry about it. The point I would like Land Rover to take in hand is that it is little careless things like this, doubtless done to remove a stage from the production line to speed up build time, that looks unsightly on an otherwise nearly perfect car. Had they just left it plain galvanised it would look lovely and finished, to have cracked and loose paint on a component means it looks unfinished or not thought about from an aesthetic point of view.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 19-09-2011 09:39am by XFullFatTim.)
19-09-2011 09:39am
vinny

(19-09-2011 09:39am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I'm not going to worry about it. The point I would like Land Rover to take in hand is that it is little careless things like this, doubtless done to remove a stage from the production line to speed up build time, that looks unsightly on an otherwise nearly perfect car. Had they just left it plain galvanised it would look lovely and finished, to have cracked and loose paint on a component means it looks unfinished or not thought about from an aesthetic point of view.
Hey Tim,bet you regret speccing that costly panoramic glass bonnet now eh??Laughing

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
19-09-2011 09:47am
XFullFatTim

LaughingLaughing Now that would be a great option for the engineers among us to have. The thing is the U bit that the latch engages on isn't normally visible when you open the bonnet, but when it has broken paint on it you notice it and there are two of them to catch your eye, especially on a white car.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-09-2011 09:54am
gead

Why not get out there with some fine wet and dry paper and take the paint off? Might do it myself actually....

White 5 dr SD4 Dynamic.
19-09-2011 10:45am
Blackseries

(19-09-2011 10:45am)gead Wrote:  Why not get out there with some fine wet and dry paper and take the paint off? Might do it myself actually....

+1 - never had a car with a painted latch before

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
19-09-2011 11:00am
XFullFatTim

Thumbs Up Good idea.

19-09-2011 11:16am
Barneyridge

gead....it takes an Australian to provide some common sense to the situation Laughing

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
20-09-2011 04:11am