Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
No-end of problems, LR's only answer is to keep taking it to the workshop
fedup

No-end of problems, LR's only answer is to keep taking it to the workshop

Hi Evoque community.

I've had my Evoque Si4 Dynamic for just over two years and it has been plagued with rattles, creaks, faulty windscreen wipers, loose door trim and this was all in addition to the fact the car that was delivered wasn't as I specc'd and upon handover there was 37 miles on the clock and a CD in the CD player.

All in all, I'm not happy.

So, after two years and around 6-8 times of having it in the workshop only to have the problems remain, I've been complaining to LR, but their only solution is to take it back... again! Are they able to do this? It's not working and I'm left with a car I really don't want.

A few months ago I tried to sell it but the two people that came to drive it heard the noises, saw the trim and declined to make an offer.

Any advice or tips would be appreciated, because I don't want it and can't really sell it (at least, probably not for what it should be worth).
11-10-2013 08:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

RE: No-end of problems, LR's only answer is to keep taking it to the workshop

Go to the suplying dealer & make a lot of noise in the showroom & or ask for the dealer principal.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
11-10-2013 08:09pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fedup

(11-10-2013 08:09pm)The Valeter Wrote:  Go to the suplying dealer & make a lot of noise in the showroom & or ask for the dealer principal.

The suppling dealer have done all the repairs, so they know my issues, and LR have been in touch with them to 'oversee' all the repairs, so I'd be surprised if that worked.

For anyone who's interested, here's the chonological list I recently sent to LR customer services:

24/09/10 - Paid £2,000 deposit

12/04/11 - Informed of paint issue - told to choose alternative colour

20/05/11 - Discovered items I was told had been amended on my order had not been

20/05/11 - After such poor service, requested to deal with a different salesman. No apology given.

27/09/11 - Collected Evoque, paid remaining £41,000. Car was not as per my order due to dealership error. Car was dirty - had to wash the car on the same day as visibility was so poor. 37 miles on the clock. Bob Dylan CD in the CD player. No real 'handover'. Creaks from the driver's door.

07/10/11 - Wrote to dealer compaining about the customer service. No reply. No apology.

27/11/11 - Complained to Land Rover Customer Services

12//01/12 - Car to workshop due to rattles and creaks and concerns with the heating system.

19/02/12 - Car to workshop due to continuing issues with rattles and creaks. Told it was my fault for specifying panoramic roof and 19" wheels.

02/07/12 - Car to workshop due to continuing issues with rattles and creaks. Told it was likely more rattles would be created trying to repair the ones that existed due to the complexity of removing the headlining. Suggested to me that I should put up with them.

July 2013 - At the end of my tether, listed the Evoque on Auto Trader. Two people came to view and neither made an offer due to noises in the cabin. Removed from sale and contacted dealer.

02/08/13 - Car to workshop due to continuing issues with rattles, creaks, faulty windscreen washers, loose panel and falling interior door trim.

07/08/13 - Car to workshop for full repair. Nine days later, car collected with only one problem repaired. Spare parts ordered.

14/08/13 - The problem that had been repaired returned.

02/10/13 - Two months had passed without contact from LR. Called to discover parts were in but I hadn't been informed.

02/10/13 - Once again complained to Land Rover.

03/10/13 - Requested to escalate my complaint. Emailed LR Customer Loyalty.

09/10/13 - Car into workshop for remaining work. Courtesy car supplied also rattles. Representative informed me that I shouldn't have bought the first generation Evoque as all new models have "teething problems" and that their workshop is inundated with faulty Evoques.

11/10/13 - Collected car. All problems rectified but now issue with parking sensors. Told to "see how it goes".
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2013 08:14pm by fedup.)
11-10-2013 08:11pm
rchrdleigh

Speak to Land Rover Customer Services, think the current one monitoring the forum is Pete@LandRover. While they cannot work miracles they can usually apply the proverbial boot in the right place to get things sorted.

Great being wise after the event but if it had been me i'd have rejected the car as not the spec I ordered and I'd have wanted to know why there was a CD in the CD player, instant thought, it's been used be salesman to go home in. Also if it was dirty on collection, I'd have demanded it was cleaned before I paid for it.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2013 08:23pm by rchrdleigh.)
11-10-2013 08:18pm
fedup

(11-10-2013 08:18pm)rchrdleigh Wrote:  Speak to Land Rover Customer Services, think the current one monitoring the forum is Pete@LandRover. While they cannot work miracles they can usually apply the proverbial boot in the right place to get things sorted.

Great being wise after the event but if it had been me i'd have rejected the car as not the spec I ordered and I'd have wanted to know why there was a CD in the CD player, instant thought, it's been used be salesman to go home in. Also if it was dirty on collection, I'd have demanded it was cleaned before I paid for it.

Didn't fully explain - rather than dirty, I should've said very badly cleaned. It was this time of year - low sun - and the smears on the windscreen were quite dangerous. Had to clean it the day after collecting it.

Totally agree about a salesman taking it home. I was working when it arrived so didn't collect it for a couple of days.

I should've rejected it, but excitement after an 18 month wait got the better of me!

I've been dealing with LR customer services since about a month after purchase - they have done nothing and I don't think they have the power to do anything other than apologise.
11-10-2013 08:34pm
The Valeter

I must admit when I first had my Freelander 2 I had dealings with LRCS & found them pretty hopeless. I ended up sorting most of the issues myself or at least doing the homework to find out why certain things did what they did.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
11-10-2013 11:00pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scrannel

Yank... no comment.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
12-10-2013 01:35am
Straydox

(11-10-2013 08:34pm)fedup Wrote:  Didn't fully explain - rather than dirty, I should've said very badly cleaned. It was this time of year - low sun - and the smears on the windscreen were quite dangerous. Had to clean it the day after collecting it.

Totally agree about a salesman taking it home. I was working when it arrived so didn't collect it for a couple of days.

I should've rejected it, but excitement after an 18 month wait got the better of me!

I've been dealing with LR customer services since about a month after purchase - they have done nothing and I don't think they have the power to do anything other than apologise.

Sadly, I've been there too, my Prestige started to fall apart when it was 3 months old, with many of the issues you described and ended up having a 7 week stretch in the dealer with LR factory techs retrofitting kit to try and fix the issues. I rejected it via the leasing company (Arval - who made a complete meal of it too).

After two years, no matter what the problems have been I'd dare to suggest you have zero chance of rejecting it. Your best option would be to PX for something else, most dealers don't test drive PX vehicles and its just a walk around the outside.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
12-10-2013 11:12am
fedup

(12-10-2013 11:12am)Straydox Wrote:  After two years, no matter what the problems have been I'd dare to suggest you have zero chance of rejecting it. Your best option would be to PX for something else, most dealers don't test drive PX vehicles and its just a walk around the outside.

I'm worried about this too. I'm wondering if I can complain to the dealer and suggest they offer to buy it back off me?

Here's an update - after LR saying they would ensure the dealer repaired the car to my satisfaction, I collected the car which, admittedly, is considerably quieter.

However, there is still one rattle, a loose panel next to the windscreen hasn't been replaced and there is now an intermittent fault with the parking sensors where, when putting the car into reverse, the parking sensors emit a constant beep, even when there's nothing near the car.

I really can't be bothered with this anymore! I'm going to have to drive all the way to the dealer's AGAIN.
13-10-2013 08:23am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The parking sensor issue has been reported here before - IIRC it means that one sensor
is damaged or waterlogged.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-10-2013 09:26am