Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
New thread to moan for all those who are fed up of the wait...
Tulabb

New thread to moan for all those who are fed up of the wait...

this is a simple post for people to rant/moan about the waiting times...Because Iam fed up!!!
This is more stressful than buying a house...for me anyway. Sad

Woke up feeling every fed up after hearing from my dealer yesterday delivery is expected in dec...I know loads of u have had the same wait or even longer but when I drive to work daily going past the Southampton docks all I see I plenty of left hand dives ready for import. Think I must see it at least once a week...literally 10-15 evoques one behind another. From reading various posts it seems quicker ordering it abroad. I wonder if it would be faster to order abroad and get shipped back over to uk Laughing

Having asked dealer if a build date would be given earlier due to 24/7 production it seems nothing has changed Shocked

Anyway rant over.....over to the next person Exclamation
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2012 11:59am by Tulabb.)
01-09-2012 11:58am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tdurao

RE: New thread to moan for all those who are fed up of the wait...

Wow, perfect thread to introduce myself. I have been looking around for many months, but still haven't posted a single time.

Now... moaning about the time it takes to deliver the Evoque I ordered back in 28th of April is a perfect timming! And latest word from dealer, the delivery date moved from early September to late October... How can it be... almost 6 month to build a car, OMG!

Well, I really hope it is worth all the waiting!!!
01-09-2012 03:08pm
LonnyGer

Haha, so true!

Time goes by so slowly if you have to wait for a car, especially if you are waiting for an Evoque.

It was always horrible, waiting for my Alfa Romeo Brera and also waiting for my JCW, now I have to wait for the Evoque and what can I say it's still horrible!Evil

Best strategy is to read many stuff about engines, car tests and options that you have chosen for your car.

I ordered early July and got a build date for December, so let's see what will happen.

P.S. I also thought 24/7 production would decrease waiting time, but my feeling is that they already counted in the faster production. Without 24/7 we maybe would get our car next June Wink.

Ordered: 04.07.12
Build Date: 30.10.12
Day of collection: 28.11.12 ( the wait is almost overVery Happy)

Car Spec: 5d,OG,dynamic,Black Roof, fully loaded
01-09-2012 06:54pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Moaning and whining won't get you your car any faster! There are some here who have waited over a year and I put my deposit down in November 2009 on a car that finally drove out of the showroom on the 9th September 2011! You folks have only a short wait in comparison to those who ordered eD4 and TD4 Pures in February 2011 and got them in January 2012.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-09-2012 10:26pm
doug

This may upset a few members, but I can't see how you can moan about having to wait over 6months for a Evoque. We have all been there. Try ordering a Audi or BMW & taking delivery in less time.
Being messed around with a delivery date is a another matter....

For all these waiting, hang in there. It's worth the wait Smile

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2012 09:15am by doug.)
01-09-2012 11:07pm
Griff449

It can be frustrating waiting, I even started looking at other cars!

But as they say best things come to those that wait Smile

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
02-09-2012 09:14am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LonnyGer

(01-09-2012 10:26pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Moaning and whining won't get you your car any faster! There are some here who have waited over a year and I put my deposit down in November 2009 on a car that finally drove out of the showroom on the 9th September 2011! You folks have only a short wait in comparison to those who ordered eD4 and TD4 Pures in February 2011 and got them in January 2012.

Hey Tim, I often appreciated your helpful comments in several threads in this community and yes you are right, moaning won't help at all, but as you know for sure it is a psychological strategy to decrease the level of frustration and so i would have wished a slightly more sympathetic post.

We do not have to wait for medicine to heal a threatening disease, so moaning is maybe inappropriate at all, but waiting time is always hard, no matter if you have to wait for 6 months or for 10+.

So my strategy is for all of you folks waiting (including me), read as much as you can referring to the evoque, drive to local lr dealers, take a seat in the car, have a look around, all this will help you (and me) that time passes quicker.

Smile

02-09-2012 09:29am
Tulabb

(02-09-2012 09:29am)LonnyGer Wrote:  Hey Tim, I often appreciated your helpful comments in several threads in this community and yes you are right, moaning won't help at all, but as you know for sure it is a psychological strategy to decrease the level of frustration and so i would have wished a slightly more sympathetic post.

We do not have to wait for medicine to heal a threatening disease, so moaning is maybe inappropriate at all, but waiting time is always hard, no matter if you have to wait for 6 months or for 10+.

So my strategy is for all of you folks waiting (including me), read as much as you can referring to the evoque, drive to local lr dealers, take a seat in the car, have a look around, all this will help you (and me) that time passes quicker.

Smile

Agree 100% ! Very Happy

I created this post to purely let out my frustrations and it helps reading that some of u guys feel the same!
02-09-2012 09:33am
Evo-king

I found reading the forums a great help in what was supposed to be a 9 month wait, fortunately ours turned up sooner, 6 months, I have a theory about that.

What also helped was the various reviews from either the magazines or in video format and there are loads.

I mostly got support on here but every now and again I was chastised for airing my frustration.

It was all forgotten when I collected the car.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
02-09-2012 09:44pm
LonnyGer

(02-09-2012 09:44pm)Evo-king Wrote:  I found reading the forums a great help in what was supposed to be a 9 month wait, fortunately ours turned up sooner, 6 months, I have a theory about that.

Interesting, what is your theory according to your reduced waiting time?

Is it a trick, from which we could participate?Laughing

If that's the case let us know!Crying

03-09-2012 07:40am