Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
New thread to moan for all those who are fed up of the wait...
Ian aka Frank

RE: New thread to moan for all those who are fed up of the wait...

(06-09-2012 12:59pm)Ian aka Frank Wrote:  Welcome to my club!! Sad

MOAN NO MORE..... JUST BEEN TOLD WE ALL TAKE DELIVERY ON 14/09 !!!! Smile
07-09-2012 11:34am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
adrianyew

Makes my wait for mine to turn up before xmas seem insignificant! Just a thought though, I am based in singapore, and i ordered on 10th august 2012 and delivery is promised before xmas 2012. I am wondering how is it possible for me to receive my car in 4 months (shipping from england to singapore takes 30 days!) and you guys based in england itself takes more than half a year?!?! It really is beyond me. Any enlightenment?

Dynamic Coupe Si4 Auto / Fuji White / Pano Roof / 825W Meridian Sound System / 9 Spoke black glossy 20' wheels / Privacy Glass / Pano Roof / Verve Interior / Auto-dim Mirror
09-09-2012 03:45pm
Ian aka Frank

(09-09-2012 03:45pm)adrianyew Wrote:  Makes my wait for mine to turn up before xmas seem insignificant! Just a thought though, I am based in singapore, and i ordered on 10th august 2012 and delivery is promised before xmas 2012. I am wondering how is it possible for me to receive my car in 4 months (shipping from england to singapore takes 30 days!) and you guys based in england itself takes more than half a year?!?! It really is beyond me. Any enlightenment?

I presume (please correct me if I'm wrong) the factory produces 75% for export. Thus vehicles bound for places like Singapore will be produced quicker on a pro-rata basis.. Question
09-09-2012 05:47pm
LonnyGer

I ordered my car early July, assumed build date is mid,December with a delivery for January 13.

In this community are a lot of folks from GB who ordered one month later and get a 2 month earlier delivery, so faster export is maybe only common for the asiatic states.Question

P.S. that's a 7 months wait, oh dear....

Ordered: 04.07.12
Build Date: 30.10.12
Day of collection: 28.11.12 ( the wait is almost overVery Happy)

Car Spec: 5d,OG,dynamic,Black Roof, fully loaded
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2012 08:58pm by LonnyGer.)
09-09-2012 08:54pm
Ian aka Frank

(09-09-2012 08:54pm)LonnyGer Wrote:  I ordered my car early July, assumed build date is mid,December with a delivery for January 13.

In this community are a lot of folks from GB who ordered one month later and get a 2 month earlier delivery, so faster export is maybe only common for the asiatic states.Question

Have I been correctedQuestionQuestion Sorry for your wait LonnyGer... I know what it's like!! Rolling Eyes
09-09-2012 09:24pm
adrianyew

oh dear lonnyger, thats really long. Hang in there. Well if it feels better, they mentioned that mine would "most probably" be before xmas, they havent told me about the VIN or manufacturing date yet, so mine could fall into January as well! I am sure the wait will be worth your while!

(09-09-2012 08:54pm)LonnyGer Wrote:  I ordered my car early July, assumed build date is mid,December with a delivery for January 13.

Dynamic Coupe Si4 Auto / Fuji White / Pano Roof / 825W Meridian Sound System / 9 Spoke black glossy 20' wheels / Privacy Glass / Pano Roof / Verve Interior / Auto-dim Mirror
10-09-2012 12:37am
LonnyGer

Just thought this is the right time to moan again!

I ordered my car early July, the expected build date according to the dealer is the 7th of December, still such a long time to go Sad.

Waiting now for almost 3 months it is hard to realise that its not even halftime Sad.

I expected a waiting time of 4-5 months, now I will have to wait 7months! That's a real negative record Sad( moanmoanmoan

22-09-2012 07:10pm
Tulabb

(22-09-2012 07:10pm)LonnyGer Wrote:  Just thought this is the right time to moan again!

I ordered my car early July, the expected build date according to the dealer is the 7th of December, still such a long time to go Sad.

Waiting now for almost 3 months it is hard to realise that its not even halftime Sad.

I expected a waiting time of 4-5 months, now I will have to wait 7months! That's a real negative record Sad( moanmoanmoan

Back in mid July my closest garage told me around March 13 would the the delivery date. They didn't want to give me an earlier date just to get my order. I visited another garage 30 minute drive away they said mid nov so I placed my deposit. My order form gave me a mid mov delivery date but a month later it's slipped to dec. ideally I would like it before christmas but if I get it before 31st dec I will be happy! Still got the hassle of selling my mini....but I will sort that when I get my build date. I will just have to keep contacting my salesman every other week.
22-09-2012 10:22pm
LonnyGer

Hey, same here! still hoping for a pre Xmas delivery, this isn't likely to happen if the build date stays on the 7th of December, dealer told me often the system informations would be worst case scenarios and what from they know the car in many cases arrived 2-3 weeks earlier than it was expected, but this would be no guarantee for a earlier delivery. Delivery on the order form is January 13, but like you I am hoping to get a Xmas gift Very Happy.

I also try to sell my mini Smile, it's a 2010 JCW fully loaded including the aero package, luckily I have no pressure of selling the car fast, because I didn't planed the money in for the Evoque .

What spec did you go for (Evoque) I like the 3door design even more but the 5door still looks nice and is better for narrow parking spaces and city usage in my opinion and with the dynamic option and contrast roof the 5door gets a very sporty touch.

br

23-09-2012 10:16am
Tulabb

(23-09-2012 10:16am)LonnyGer Wrote:  Hey, same here! still hoping for a pre Xmas delivery, this isn't likely to happen if the build date stays on the 7th of December, dealer told me often the system informations would be worst case scenarios and what from they know the car in many cases arrived 2-3 weeks earlier than it was expected, but this would be no guarantee for a earlier delivery. Delivery on the order form is January 13, but like you I am hoping to get a Xmas gift Very Happy.

I also try to sell my mini Smile, it's a 2010 JCW fully loaded including the aero package, luckily I have no pressure of selling the car fast, because I didn't planed the money in for the Evoque .

What spec did you go for (Evoque) I like the 3door design even more but the 5door still looks nice and is better for narrow parking spaces and city usage in my opinion and with the dynamic option and contrast roof the 5door gets a very sporty touch.

br

I had to look on the order form to remind myself what I ordered...haha

Pure, santorini, tech pack, folding mirrors, reverse camera, almond interior and fog lights. Iam still trying to decide ifI want the privacy glass at the back...

I emailed the dealer again today and he thinks my build date will be around the 8th dec but he can't confirm yet. He'd didn't want to confirm and for me to be disappointed if it gets delayed further...

I need to sell my mini to make up the big deposit Iam putting down...may sell in nov when I get a confirmed date and hire a cheap Nissan micra for 2-3 weeks. My mini is a basic one 1.6 been driving it for the last 8 years...it was the first car I brought when I finished uni...at the time I thought it was AMAZING. Still it's a very reliable car...would be sad to let it go but at our apartment we only have one parking space.

No doubt I will bug the dealer again next week!
24-09-2012 07:04pm