babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
New thread to moan for all those who are fed up of the wait... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: New thread to moan for all those who are fed up of the wait... (/Thread-New-thread-to-moan-for-all-those-who-are-fed-up-of-the-wait)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

New thread to moan for all those who are fed up of the wait... - Tulabb - 01-09-2012 11:58am

this is a simple post for people to rant/moan about the waiting times...Because Iam fed up!!!
This is more stressful than buying a house...for me anyway. Sad

Woke up feeling every fed up after hearing from my dealer yesterday delivery is expected in dec...I know loads of u have had the same wait or even longer but when I drive to work daily going past the Southampton docks all I see I plenty of left hand dives ready for import. Think I must see it at least once a week...literally 10-15 evoques one behind another. From reading various posts it seems quicker ordering it abroad. I wonder if it would be faster to order abroad and get shipped back over to uk Laughing

Having asked dealer if a build date would be given earlier due to 24/7 production it seems nothing has changed Shocked

Anyway rant over.....over to the next person Exclamation

RE: New thread to moan for all those who are fed up of the wait... - tdurao - 01-09-2012 03:08pm

Wow, perfect thread to introduce myself. I have been looking around for many months, but still haven't posted a single time.

Now... moaning about the time it takes to deliver the Evoque I ordered back in 28th of April is a perfect timming! And latest word from dealer, the delivery date moved from early September to late October... How can it be... almost 6 month to build a car, OMG!

Well, I really hope it is worth all the waiting!!!

RE: New thread to moan for all those who are fed up of the wait... - LonnyGer - 01-09-2012 06:54pm

Haha, so true!

Time goes by so slowly if you have to wait for a car, especially if you are waiting for an Evoque.

It was always horrible, waiting for my Alfa Romeo Brera and also waiting for my JCW, now I have to wait for the Evoque and what can I say it's still horrible!Evil

Best strategy is to read many stuff about engines, car tests and options that you have chosen for your car.

I ordered early July and got a build date for December, so let's see what will happen.

P.S. I also thought 24/7 production would decrease waiting time, but my feeling is that they already counted in the faster production. Without 24/7 we maybe would get our car next June Wink.

RE: New thread to moan for all those who are fed up of the wait... - XFullFatTim - 01-09-2012 10:26pm

Moaning and whining won't get you your car any faster! There are some here who have waited over a year and I put my deposit down in November 2009 on a car that finally drove out of the showroom on the 9th September 2011! You folks have only a short wait in comparison to those who ordered eD4 and TD4 Pures in February 2011 and got them in January 2012.

RE: New thread to moan for all those who are fed up of the wait... - doug - 01-09-2012 11:07pm

This may upset a few members, but I can't see how you can moan about having to wait over 6months for a Evoque. We have all been there. Try ordering a Audi or BMW & taking delivery in less time.
Being messed around with a delivery date is a another matter....

For all these waiting, hang in there. It's worth the wait Smile

RE: New thread to moan for all those who are fed up of the wait... - Griff449 - 02-09-2012 09:14am

It can be frustrating waiting, I even started looking at other cars!

But as they say best things come to those that wait Smile

RE: New thread to moan for all those who are fed up of the wait... - LonnyGer - 02-09-2012 09:29am

(01-09-2012 10:26pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Moaning and whining won't get you your car any faster! There are some here who have waited over a year and I put my deposit down in November 2009 on a car that finally drove out of the showroom on the 9th September 2011! You folks have only a short wait in comparison to those who ordered eD4 and TD4 Pures in February 2011 and got them in January 2012.

Hey Tim, I often appreciated your helpful comments in several threads in this community and yes you are right, moaning won't help at all, but as you know for sure it is a psychological strategy to decrease the level of frustration and so i would have wished a slightly more sympathetic post.

We do not have to wait for medicine to heal a threatening disease, so moaning is maybe inappropriate at all, but waiting time is always hard, no matter if you have to wait for 6 months or for 10+.

So my strategy is for all of you folks waiting (including me), read as much as you can referring to the evoque, drive to local lr dealers, take a seat in the car, have a look around, all this will help you (and me) that time passes quicker.

Smile

RE: New thread to moan for all those who are fed up of the wait... - Tulabb - 02-09-2012 09:33am

(02-09-2012 09:29am)LonnyGer Wrote:  Hey Tim, I often appreciated your helpful comments in several threads in this community and yes you are right, moaning won't help at all, but as you know for sure it is a psychological strategy to decrease the level of frustration and so i would have wished a slightly more sympathetic post.

We do not have to wait for medicine to heal a threatening disease, so moaning is maybe inappropriate at all, but waiting time is always hard, no matter if you have to wait for 6 months or for 10+.

So my strategy is for all of you folks waiting (including me), read as much as you can referring to the evoque, drive to local lr dealers, take a seat in the car, have a look around, all this will help you (and me) that time passes quicker.

Smile

Agree 100% ! Very Happy

I created this post to purely let out my frustrations and it helps reading that some of u guys feel the same!

RE: New thread to moan for all those who are fed up of the wait... - Evo-king - 02-09-2012 09:44pm

I found reading the forums a great help in what was supposed to be a 9 month wait, fortunately ours turned up sooner, 6 months, I have a theory about that.

What also helped was the various reviews from either the magazines or in video format and there are loads.

I mostly got support on here but every now and again I was chastised for airing my frustration.

It was all forgotten when I collected the car.

RE: New thread to moan for all those who are fed up of the wait... - LonnyGer - 03-09-2012 07:40am

(02-09-2012 09:44pm)Evo-king Wrote:  I found reading the forums a great help in what was supposed to be a 9 month wait, fortunately ours turned up sooner, 6 months, I have a theory about that.

Interesting, what is your theory according to your reduced waiting time?

Is it a trick, from which we could participate?Laughing

If that's the case let us know!Crying