Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
New thread to moan for all those who are fed up of the wait...
Evo-king

RE: New thread to moan for all those who are fed up of the wait...

We changed from a Pure to Dynamic, two days later got the call, order brought forward.

Coincidence or what.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
03-09-2012 08:03am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LonnyGer

(03-09-2012 08:03am)Evo-king Wrote:  We changed from a Pure to Dynamic, two days later got the call, order brought forward.

Coincidence or what.

Hmm don't think so! Guess your dealer had a free slot for a dynamic, that's what you can call luck Laughing

Maybe I should switch from dynamic to prestige and back again.Tongue Out

br

Ordered: 04.07.12
Build Date: 30.10.12
Day of collection: 28.11.12 ( the wait is almost overVery Happy)

Car Spec: 5d,OG,dynamic,Black Roof, fully loaded
03-09-2012 10:54am
NightFox

I think a 'moaning' thread is a great idea, gives us waiters a place to sympathise and moan, whilst keeping other threads free of our cries for help so those who've already got their cars don't have to listen!

I'm fed up too... I originally placed my order from a local dealer with whom I'm blagged a few extras who was quoting a 'probable' build date in mid Oct/early Nov. However, I later moved my order to another dealer who was guaranteeing me a build date of early Oct, even though it was over 100 miles away and they wouldn't give me any extras. Except that then slipped to early November. And then mid November...

I appreciate that the delays might be out of the dealer's hands (all I get is "I can only tell you what the system says"), but when I asked the original dealer he says that other orders that went in the same time as mine now have build dates for late October.

It's not just impatience, it's frustration caused by lack of communication and not having a clue if I'll be getting my car before Christmas, or if I'm suddenly going to get a call from my dealer saying it'll be here next week!

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
03-09-2012 12:04pm
WB
WB

have all those waiting asked their dealer for a copy of their Vista sheet? Gives you and them something to do and shows all the interesting details like full spec, what date you can make changes up to, the build date etc.
03-09-2012 01:13pm
NightFox

(03-09-2012 01:13pm)WB Wrote:  have all those waiting asked their dealer for a copy of their Vista sheet? Gives you and them something to do and shows all the interesting details like full spec, what date you can make changes up to, the build date etc.

That's a good idea - though I've found that with my dealer "asking" and "getting" are two different things...

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror

03-09-2012 02:05pm
WB
WB

(03-09-2012 02:05pm)NightFox Wrote:  That's a good idea - though I've found that with my dealer "asking" and "getting" are two different things...

I've just asked mine for my Vista sheet Laughing

Perhaps you should find out the sales managers email address and cc him on your requests, if that doesn't work maybe the dealer principal?
03-09-2012 03:17pm
NightFox

(03-09-2012 08:03am)Evo-king Wrote:  We changed from a Pure to Dynamic, two days later got the call, order brought forward.

Coincidence or what.

I'm picking up in a few threads that there seems to be specific delays on Pures at the moment. Does this match up with other people's experiences?

03-09-2012 03:35pm
eddkawasaki

(03-09-2012 01:13pm)WB Wrote:  have all those waiting asked their dealer for a copy of their Vista sheet? Gives you and them something to do and shows all the interesting details like full spec, what date you can make changes up to, the build date etc.

I got given my vista printout when I went in to confirm my order about a month ago. Just as well as they had put the wrong wheels on the order!

I will be calling them next week when I get back onshore so will try to find out if its still on schedule for delivery 22nd october.

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
03-09-2012 04:01pm
WB
WB

(03-09-2012 03:35pm)NightFox Wrote:  I'm picking up in a few threads that there seems to be specific delays on Pures at the moment. Does this match up with other people's experiences?

There seems to have been a pattern that Prestiges and Dynamics (ie more expensive cars) appear to get priority with the dealers however this is somewhat anecdotal and I don't think we've got much hard evidence to confirm this.
03-09-2012 04:07pm
Ian aka Frank

(03-09-2012 03:35pm)NightFox Wrote:  I'm picking up in a few threads that there seems to be specific delays on Pures at the moment. Does this match up with other people's experiences?

We have 4 Pures with Tech pack on order (delivery requested for today)!! 3 were ordered in February then mine later in March 2012. Still no sign... maybe we should have gone for Dynamics!!!
Just to confirm though, these are to be on contract hire and not outright private purchases.. Sad
03-09-2012 05:09pm