Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hood problem
dandavis1

RE: Hood problem

(16-01-2012 12:51am)The Valeter Wrote:  The American term for Bonnet!

Ah, ok. Thanks!
16-01-2012 12:36pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
caroline11000

I have had the same happen to me the few times I have opened it, with a few attempts and slams the warning goes!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
16-01-2012 01:02pm
LP

I had this problem too so took my car in to be looked at by my dealer last weekend. I hadn't thought it was a big deal because the bonnet was shut and you can cancel the in-car warning...but when you want to lock the car it is an issue.

I was also concerned that excessive slamming might damage the bonnet.

It took Lookers about 30 mins and they adjusted the sensor. No issues now.
16-01-2012 02:31pm
cjfp

Looking at Topix, there is a document entitled "SSM54277 - Land Rover Bonnet Latching / Locking concerns" but unfortunately I cannot look at it as I do not have a subscription - anyone?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
16-01-2012 08:11pm
caroline11000

(16-01-2012 08:11pm)cjfp Wrote:  Looking at Topix, there is a document entitled "SSM54277 - Land Rover Bonnet Latching / Locking concerns" but unfortunately I cannot look at it as I do not have a subscription - anyone?

I would be interested to see what that was all about if someone with a subscription can find out

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
16-01-2012 08:17pm
Stadt Panzer

Hood problem

Had this problem with my D3. Trip to the dealer, 5 mins later sorted. You'll find that the bonnet/hood sensor has moved down. Needs a quick adjustment and sorted.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
16-01-2012 09:41pm
martinPL

Had possibly similar problem in my RRS (after 100K miles of operation). Hood was (occasionally and sporadically but more and more frequently) reported as open and the alarm was coming on Sad. The sensor was getting bed. I simply shorted the wire and all is good (well, unless the hood really will be open and I won't know about it). But I would have the dealer fix it if it was under warranty
18-01-2012 10:08pm
Hally1

Collected my new evoque yesterday and not 24 hours later, when I checked under the Bonnet to see what was what, the bonnet open fault was on the driver display. After opening and closing several times to no avail and shorting out the sensor to check for a fault, I found that the rubber bonnet stoppers were adjusted differently! Set the near side adjuster, same side as sensor, to similar height to offside and bonnet closed fine, fault dissapeared off display and doors could finally be locked so I could sleep easily!
The stops take a little adjusting to get right and take out and bounce that the bonnet might have when the car is moving but hopefully this might help people having the same problem as me!

Cheers
11-09-2012 08:49pm
Griff449

My dealer said its a common issue and it's just a case of slamming the bonnet down but I too wonder just ow many slams a bonnet can take..........

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
11-09-2012 09:13pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Better to drop the bonnet hard than to drop it down then push it onto the stops/ safety lock - the bonnet skin is quite thin and dents easily, it can withstand dropping from about 9-12" no problem

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
11-09-2012 09:58pm