Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.33 Average
Has your build/delivery date been put back?
ajmooseman

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back?

(31-10-2011 04:35pm)griff Wrote:  Well I'm one of the lucky ones today as i was expecting 10th Nov and have had the phone call from my dealer,thanks Brendan, who confirmed it is built and they have called it for delivery. So things are happening. I was fully expecting him to say it had been delayed again.

So hang in there folks - it gets better.

N.B anyone know how long it takes from calling for the car and actual delivery?

Can't exactly remember what the official time is, but my dealer said it's about 5 days or less, as LR want to get the cars to dealers ASAP as then they (the dealers) have to pay for them.

Will be checking on mine on Friday to make sure it's gone into build.
31-10-2011 06:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mike

(31-10-2011 01:39pm)Range Rover Virgin Wrote:  Hi Mike

We have similar specs and similar problems. My firenze SD4 coupe, black roof, ebony headlining went from 28th December to Jan 12th. Is yours 3 or 5 door? Only other difference is the pano roof..
getting silly though now isn't it..

Hi

Mine is the 5 door.

Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Man
Red Black Leather
Pan Roof
Shadow Alloys
Black Roof and Headlining
Privacy Glass
Delivered 27/1/12
31-10-2011 08:29pm
ceebee

Has your build/delivery date been put back?

Mine took around 5 days from factory releasing it to transportation to me picking it up?

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
31-10-2011 08:58pm
griff

Thanks folks
Might be end of week or early next then.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
31-10-2011 09:47pm
paulus599

(31-10-2011 04:40pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  I just don't understand the argument regarding 'didn't anticipate demand'. That is surely a load of rubbish. LR had set production schedules and rates, and this had not been met due to accident/fire/component shortage. This has bot all to do with demand. The fact is, they are not building to the rate anticipated. Therefore me, like many others are facing a delay, despite placing orders months ago.

The only impact this crazy 'demand' talk will have is that you will have to wait longer to get one, as per X3, Q5

This rediculous defence of the delays due to damand needs to stop. It's bloody winding me up. Not long ago LR was boasting about how many deposits/orders they had at launch. They can't have it both ways....

Well said that man. Totally agree, all demand does in increase lead times for new orders, it's mad to suggest that it would cause delays to current build schedules.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
01-11-2011 10:30am
mark_n

I've shot myself in the foot slightly because I decided to change my colour from InduS Silver to Firenze Red after looking at the pictures I took at Goodwood in the Summer, so I can't complain about build delays because it's only because my car has been delayed that I've been able to change.

So, aside from the fact this is an SD4, this is what my car is going to look like...

[Image: k4yo3o.jpg]

I'm happy enough...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2011 12:07pm by mark_n.)
01-11-2011 11:52am
alibeau

Another delay for me Rolling Eyes

Build date was Nov 17th, then 'December', call from the dealer today - now Jan 12th. He mentioned a fire at the factory that makes the dashboards but was by no means using this as an excuse......

Pretty disappointed to say the least. The worst part for me is, if I was given a definate date I would be (kind of) happy but even the dealer said my date could well end up being February Shocked

One unhappy Ali.

Boo hoo.........Crying
(31-10-2011 04:35pm)griff Wrote:  Well I'm one of the lucky ones today as i was expecting 10th Nov and have had the phone call from my dealer,thanks Brendan, who confirmed it is built and they have called it for delivery. So things are happening. I was fully expecting him to say it had been delayed again.

How exciting Thumbs Up

Not so good for me today, was due Nov 17th, now Jan - boo hoo...

Can you cheer me up with some photos of yours when it arrives please?!?! Keep my spirits up!!!!

Ali.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2011 05:42pm by alibeau.)
01-11-2011 05:36pm
xxxx5

And me too please!

But interestingly I spoke to my dealer yesterday, who had originally said my car would be put back to late Jan/Feb. He is in contact with the factory on Friday and will be able to give a better view on my order then, they are now managing everything on a week by week basis but would be surprised that it will be that long given the wait I have had already! We talked about a loan car and said they haven't got any from JLR yet, but would be able to offer goodwill gesture once the car is built and he can look at the final time period of my delay.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
01-11-2011 06:13pm
doug

On the + side,
Dealer rang me tonight to say my build is still going ahead for Nov 21st (delayed from Oct).
Fingers crossed, should have my Evoque on Sat 3rd Dec.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
01-11-2011 07:47pm
fam1x

Just been told expecting my car around 19th Jan 2012

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
01-11-2011 08:57pm