Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.33 Average
Has your build/delivery date been put back?
RacingSnake

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back?

a month slip doesn't seem too bad to me Surprised
(disappointment aside)

I went into a different dealership today as a 'new' customer, asked all the questions, and quite upfront was told 'July, if you're lucky'.
Mentioned the Xenon issue, the roof issue, the door issue and.... the ENGINE issue ShockedShocked

Seems that there are supply issues on engines too Shocked

Quite openly said LR weren't prepared for the demand... it was then that I coughed up to already having an order, and was checking on allocation vs demand (which he was fine with), and asked to see the stock cars.

He offered me a Dynamic Plus coupe... in black with no pano-roof.... my spec is white dynamic lux with pano-roof Very Happy just too different for me, but said he'd get in touch if any similar cancelled orders come up.
(This post was last modified: 28-10-2011 09:42pm by RacingSnake.)
28-10-2011 09:41pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

In three years time, there's going to be a glut of these things on the secondhand market.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
29-10-2011 04:44am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lulu101

(28-10-2011 06:00pm)caroline11000 Wrote:  Thanks Lulu, I kind of knew it was coming! Any dates for yours yet?

No, and know there is no point chasing, so will sit tight for now Sad

Delivered , Pure 5 door in fuji , SD4 Auto, 19" style 4 sparkle wheels, almond/espresso interior, tech pack, xenon headlights, fog lamps, rear camera, park assist, folding mirrors and mats, and last minute addition of Privacy Glass Very Happy
29-10-2011 12:32pm
Mike

Spoke to my dealer this morning, delivery changed from 18th Dec to 19th Jan. Not a lot we can do, apart from be patient.Sad

Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Man
Red Black Leather
Pan Roof
Shadow Alloys
Black Roof and Headlining
Privacy Glass
Delivered 27/1/12
29-10-2011 02:09pm
caroline11000

Just got an update from my dealer, mine is now due to go into build w/c 21st November, so a month delay for me so far.................
He said they are all delayed because of parts issues with steering racks! He also mentioned that all builds of demonstrators and dealer stock cars of Evoques & Freelanders had been stopped while they try and concentrate on getting the backlog of customer cars built. Aparently I will still get my xenons also Very Happy

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
31-10-2011 12:51pm
mark_n

Steering racks? That's a new one, another day, another parts shortage...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
31-10-2011 12:57pm
Range Rover Virgin

(29-10-2011 02:09pm)Mike Wrote:  Spoke to my dealer this morning, delivery changed from 18th Dec to 19th Jan. Not a lot we can do, apart from be patient.Sad

Hi Mike

We have similar specs and similar problems. My firenze SD4 coupe, black roof, ebony headlining went from 28th December to Jan 12th. Is yours 3 or 5 door? Only other difference is the pano roof..
getting silly though now isn't it..
31-10-2011 01:39pm
rchrdleigh

(31-10-2011 01:39pm)Range Rover Virgin Wrote:  getting silly though now isn't it..

While it is extremely frustrating to have your delivery slip you need to remember that as trackmonkey said elsewhere on the forum the guys building your Evoque are doing all they can to get them built as quickly as possible, to the right spec and to the right quality. LR have received about double the number of orders for the Evoque than they anticipated and are struggling to meet demand. Look elsewhere and you'll find waits of 12 months for a BMW X3 etc.
LR Experience are using some non UK spec cars just so they can have Evoques available for customers without taking a production slot car.
31-10-2011 04:30pm
griff

Well I'm one of the lucky ones today as i was expecting 10th Nov and have had the phone call from my dealer,thanks Brendan, who confirmed it is built and they have called it for delivery. So things are happening. I was fully expecting him to say it had been delayed again.

So hang in there folks - it gets better.

N.B anyone know how long it takes from calling for the car and actual delivery?

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
31-10-2011 04:35pm
Urban Splash

I just don't understand the argument regarding 'didn't anticipate demand'. That is surely a load of rubbish. LR had set production schedules and rates, and this had not been met due to accident/fire/component shortage. This has bot all to do with demand. The fact is, they are not building to the rate anticipated. Therefore me, like many others are facing a delay, despite placing orders months ago.

The only impact this crazy 'demand' talk will have is that you will have to wait longer to get one, as per X3, Q5

This rediculous defence of the delays due to damand needs to stop. It's bloody winding me up. Not long ago LR was boasting about how many deposits/orders they had at launch. They can't have it both ways....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
(This post was last modified: 31-10-2011 05:14pm by Urban Splash.)
31-10-2011 04:40pm