Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.33 Average
Has your build/delivery date been put back?
mk82

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back?

Lol.. got e-mail.. 3 more weeks to wait for delivery. BUT I'm talking about the Evoque USB stick. Just wanted to ask if there are problems with the doors or xenons..Smile

PURE 5dr SD4 Auto, Fuji - Almond/Espresso, rear cam, front-pdc, techp., navi, seatheating, xenon package without xenon

STUUUUNNNNNNNIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!! Thud
02-11-2011 11:01am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Daigriff

(01-11-2011 05:36pm)alibeau Wrote:  Another delay for me Rolling Eyes

Build date was Nov 17th, then 'December', call from the dealer today - now Jan 12th.
Ali.

Sorry to hear that Ali;-(

I was meant to have mine today originally, so have just contacted dealer and its still on for 14th December, so 6 more weeks...not too bad.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
02-11-2011 01:23pm
alibeau

(02-11-2011 01:23pm)Daigriff Wrote:  Sorry to hear that Ali;-(

I was meant to have mine today originally, so have just contacted dealer and its still on for 14th December, so 6 more weeks...not too bad.

Thanks Smile

I've been quite upbeat until now but I have to say, without wanting to sound too dramatic, that I am a bit miserable about the whole thing, it's really taking the shine off things - boo hoo.....

And having no confidence that the new Jan date will happen doesn't help either Sad

I think I need a good slap to help me get things into perspective Laughing I know it will be worth the wait, it's just so frustrating!!!

Feeling better already!

Ali Smile
02-11-2011 01:31pm
paulus599

(02-11-2011 01:31pm)alibeau Wrote:  I've been quite upbeat until now but I have to say, without wanting to sound too dramatic, that I am a bit miserable about the whole thing, it's really taking the shine off things - boo hoo.....

You and me both Ali Big Cry

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
02-11-2011 01:42pm
alibeau

(02-11-2011 01:42pm)paulus599 Wrote:  You and me both Ali Big Cry

Perhaps LR should offer to cover the cost of 'therapy' for us Laughing
02-11-2011 01:45pm
griff

I really understand the dismay of a delayed delivery - goodness knows that mine was put back enough.
But it all fades away when, as in this afternoon, your salesman phones you and you detect a smile in his voice.

You've guessed it - my car has arrived at the dealer and hand over is 12 noon on Friday.
Suddenly all that grief fades and changes to excitement. The wait seems to be nothing as your salesman says "that ambiance interior was a great choice".
Anticipation whelms up and I feel like a kid who has a new toy coming. And the Insurance was only £359!

It does get better guys - hang tough Wink

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
02-11-2011 06:05pm
Daigriff

Happydays Griff...the ambience is the best interior even if I do say so myselfWink

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
02-11-2011 06:09pm
mark_n

(02-11-2011 06:05pm)griff Wrote:  The wait seems to be nothing as your salesman says "that ambiance interior was a great choice".

Well, he's not going to say "your interior choice is complete Censored", is he?

Good your car has arrived, let's see, Friday, they'll be open for business when the gearbox fails on Monday...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
02-11-2011 06:16pm
griff

Hey Mark - less of those negative vibes man. Apologise to Donald Sutherland's line in Kelly's Heroes Cool

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2011 06:40pm by griff.)
02-11-2011 06:40pm
xxxx5

(02-11-2011 06:16pm)mark_n Wrote:  Well, he's not going to say "your interior choice is complete Censored", is he?

Good your car has arrived, let's see, Friday, they'll be open for business when the gearbox fails on Monday...

Blimey Mark your very postive and upbeat, cant you be happy for someone and enjoy there moment? I am in the same boat waiting for the phone call, but wouldnt want to take the shine off someone special day.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
02-11-2011 07:05pm