Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HAVANA
ojonesyo

RE: HAVANA

(23-05-2012 09:45pm)swabes Wrote:  I have a new toy!
Handover from Stratstone Mayfair was brilliant. They must have spent a good hour walking me through all the details on the car (I now know where the 'secret compartment' is in the glove box for instance!)
It had 15 miles on the clock when I got it - it now has 48 after the drive home.
I know its early days but at the moment I cant fault it. The DAB radio quality is fantastic.

On a sunny day like today the colour has gone from a dark blueish grey through brown to bronze.

A few initial pics here:

Oh - and when we stopped the demo just off Park Lane and my sales guy waved me off we were accosted by a very exited woman who said "Whose car is this - I have to have it!!!":lol:
Swabes......just seen your Havana Evoque pics.......very nice. The side pic shows the colour[s] really well. Cant wait till my havana/tan Evoque arrives in a month or so ....Thanks
25-05-2012 11:06pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MartinP

There has been a lot of discussion about what colour Havana is and I can now say it's every colour of the rainbow......
http://s1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj53...r/Rainbow/
Hope the pictures show this!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
27-05-2012 06:36pm
ojonesyo

(27-05-2012 06:36pm)MartinP Wrote:  There has been a lot of discussion about what colour Havana is and I can now say it's every colour of the rainbow......
http://s1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj53...r/Rainbow/
Hope the pictures show this!

....so the V5 document will say 'rainbow' in the colour section? I guess they will say 'grey' just to upset us. My current car is a gorgeous 'Cubanite Silver' .....what does the V5 say.....yep....'Grey' Have they no regard for our feelings!
27-05-2012 06:46pm
MartinP

The V5 says....brown!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
27-05-2012 07:11pm
ojonesyo

(27-05-2012 07:11pm)MartinP Wrote:  The V5 says....brown!
OH NO!......Thanks to the DVLA, I just realised I have shelled out over £45k on a HP sauce-coloured Land Rover!
27-05-2012 08:09pm
doug

Martinp,
Your just rubbing are noses in it using that hose pipe. Us down south can only dream of the day we can use mains water again Very Happy

I do love the colour..

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
27-05-2012 08:22pm
cjfp

I must be lucky - I'm 'down south' and don't currently have any water restrictions - anyone want to pop round ?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
27-05-2012 08:33pm
swabes

(25-05-2012 10:49pm)The Valeter Wrote:  Lovely car but where are your rear vents?

No rear vents - don't they come with the rear entertainment pack??
(27-05-2012 08:09pm)ojonesyo Wrote:  OH NO!......Thanks to the DVLA, I just realised I have shelled out over £45k on a HP sauce-coloured Land Rover!

Yup -my V5 is 'Brown' as well - and I would tend to agree - although it looks grey in the middle of the day, it starts and ends the day brown - must be the angle the light hits it!

Ordered 5-2-12 - Collected 23-5-2012
5 door Prestige SD4 Lux in Havana/Ambiance, AD, S6 wheels, Spare wheel
Current: FL Sport, 2 Fiat 500s, MX-5
[Image: 130338.png]
(This post was last modified: 28-05-2012 02:12pm by swabes.)
28-05-2012 02:10pm
ojonesyo

With my Mercedes SLK now sold, I contacted my dealer today to get an update on delivery of my 5 door Havana/Spirit TD4 Auto Lux, style 7 wheels, spare wheel, headlamp assist, mats, mudflaps, wood kit, tow kit, etc. Having ordered it in late January, my original delivery estimate was May. This then slipped to June/July and is now firming up to mid July. I can live with that. Meanwhile guys, enjoy your Evoques, .......Havana or otherwise...and look out for me in South and West Wales late Summer onwards. If anyone has an opinion on tow bars then I would value any opinions. Some LR versions I have seen are bulky and to be frank unsightly and I wonder whether I should look at other makers?. I guess the logical answer to my concerns is to get the detachable version, yet this still leaves the unsightly 12v socket prominently on show.......decisions!
30-05-2012 10:07pm
Evo-king

(30-05-2012 10:07pm)ojonesyo Wrote:  With my Mercedes SLK now sold, I contacted my dealer today to get an update on delivery of my 5 door Havana/Spirit TD4 Auto Lux, style 7 wheels, spare wheel, headlamp assist, mats, mudflaps, wood kit, tow kit, etc. Having ordered it in late January, my original delivery estimate was May. This then slipped to June/July and is now firming up to mid July. I can live with that. Meanwhile guys, enjoy your Evoques, .......Havana or otherwise...and look out for me in South and West Wales late Summer onwards. If anyone has an opinion on tow bars then I would value any opinions. Some LR versions I have seen are bulky and to be frank unsightly and I wonder whether I should look at other makers?. I guess the logical answer to my concerns is to get the detachable version, yet this still leaves the unsightly 12v socket prominently on show.......decisions!

Towbars:

Have a look at this.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Orkney-grey-3-door

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
31-05-2012 08:50pm