Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HAVANA
Mudi1

RE: HAVANA

So pleased for you swabes, I love the picture of the interior with the pan roof.
The colour is brilliant in that it changes with the weather, I like both the dark grey and bronze, then at night it becomes a smoky black with the atlas silver and wheels sparkling.
Mine was filthy and it still didn't show any difference, only looked dull in the sun so I knew it needed a wash.
Congrats swabes. Enjoy
(This post was last modified: 23-05-2012 10:23pm by Mudi1.)
23-05-2012 10:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MartinP

Excellent news swabes, welcome to the club! Pleased that everything went well. I will line up some mojitos to celebrate!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
24-05-2012 07:27am
ojonesyo

(24-05-2012 07:27am)MartinP Wrote:  Excellent news swabes, welcome to the club! Pleased that everything went well. I will line up some mojitos to celebrate!

Martin.......found your pics.....and thanks for posting them. I think the colour looks great, which is very reassuring for me, and I reckon tan/ivory interior I have chosen will go well. Your interior choice is very attractive but...er....I live on a farm! People are asking me what colour I have chosen. I have answered......er sort of 'grey / black / brown'. Others have said 'grey with ginger highlights!'. I might now say 'elephant grey with bronze undertones' ...or is that too pompous? .....or best of all just show them the car......when the ****ing arrives! Thanks again for pics. Owen
24-05-2012 11:10pm
Mudi1

I would say the exact colour is mink! But I may be showing my age with that, as no doubt people will still ask what colour mink is! (farmers may know).

I washed mine today, 5ft 2 had to get a chair to stand on to do the roof, this squashed little RRE is blooming huge. I could just about reach the middle.

Took me all day as I wanted to get a shine on mine like Martin's. Will post pics when I can get the chance to take some.
(24-05-2012 07:27am)MartinP Wrote:  Excellent news swabes, welcome to the club! Pleased that everything went well. I will line up some mojitos to celebrate!

Club Havanas please and post recipes, so we can all join in.
(This post was last modified: 24-05-2012 11:20pm by Mudi1.)
24-05-2012 11:19pm
MartinP

(24-05-2012 11:19pm)Mudi1 Wrote:  Club Havanas please and post recipes, so we can all join in.

Ok Mudi and other club members I will post our cocktail for the weekend recipe later!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
25-05-2012 07:32am
ojonesyo

(25-05-2012 07:32am)MartinP Wrote:  Ok Mudi and other club members I will post our cocktail for the weekend recipe later!

Cocktail recipes on a Land~Rover forum....what is the world coming too!.....LOL! Shouldn't we be discussing the correct viscosity of the gearbox oil... or where we can get some Whitworth bolts? Be careful......we might get thrown out of the forum!
25-05-2012 01:56pm
MartinP

Owen, I've no idea about oils and I thought Whitworths made dried fruit not bolts!

So for the benefits of other club members and other technical layabouts I will issue some instructions for this weekends cocktail - and as it's hotter than Havana we will start with a classic mojito.
You will need...
2 teaspoons of sugar
Juice of half a lime
2 sprigs of mint
90ml sparkling water
45ml White rum
4 ice cubes

Instructions...
Wash your Evoque until it is gleaming. You now deserve a rest so...
Find a tall glass and add the sugar,lime juice,mint and water. Muddle gently. Add the rum and ice cubes and stir.
Find a nice seat and admire you beautiful car while sipping on you drink.
Simples.

Or.....get your partner to wash the car until it is gleaming while you sip on the cocktail and relax!
Even simpler!

Enjoy!

25-05-2012 05:45pm
Evo-king

Whilst in Jamaica recently, it fell to me to do the regular walk to the beach bar, never more than 50 yards, I was on holiday after all.

My good lady started with mojito's, but believe it or not they ran out of mint. Several days of frustration trying to find an alternative, then overheard another person ask for a 'Dirty Banana', I ordered one and it was an instant success.

Not sure of the contents though, I saw white rum, coffee liquer, sugar, half a small banana (blended) and I think some cream or milk, and possibly ice cubes. Loads were consumed. Obviously a popular drink.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
25-05-2012 09:11pm
cjfp

The wonders of Google, take your pick ...

http://www.cocktailmaking.co.uk/displayc...rty-Banana

http://www.drinknation.com/drink/sandals...rty-banana

http://www.absolutdrinks.com/en/drinks/dirty-banana/

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 25-05-2012 10:04pm by cjfp.)
25-05-2012 10:02pm
The Valeter

(23-05-2012 09:45pm)swabes Wrote:  I have a new toy!
Handover from Stratstone Mayfair was brilliant. They must have spent a good hour walking me through all the details on the car (I now know where the 'secret compartment' is in the glove box for instance!)
It had 15 miles on the clock when I got it - it now has 48 after the drive home.
I know its early days but at the moment I cant fault it. The DAB radio quality is fantastic.

On a sunny day like today the colour has gone from a dark blueish grey through brown to bronze.

A few initial pics here:

Oh - and when we stopped the demo just off Park Lane and my sales guy waved me off we were accosted by a very exited woman who said "Whose car is this - I have to have it!!!":lol:

Lovely car but where are your rear vents?

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
25-05-2012 10:49pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply