Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HAVANA
MartinP

RE: HAVANA

(14-05-2012 02:57pm)swabes Wrote:  Mine's also built now. I have a collection date of 23rd - looks like a day after yours!

Just found out that mine is now at the dealers - so if I can get everything sorted in time I will collect on Friday!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
14-05-2012 06:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mudi1

Hi Martin, Swabes

Picked up mine thurs in rush hour an in the pouring rain. (There were two other Havana's there).
Did not have detailing done so picked up straight after tax & valet.
I was surprised by the dealer to get a call on the 4th to say it was on its way already.

I had gone for the contrasting black roof, which doesnt make much difference as the havana under the grey sky looks much darker (mudi-grey) than in the sunlight.
In the sunlight (the odd few sec's) the gold fleck is a beauty giving the car a very dark bronzy tinge.

I umed and arhhed about whether I had made the right colour choice, I have always loved RR's in the mudi-earthy colours and do think that this colour suits the car and will not date.

The Ambiance interior is lovely and really classy. I true rich Ivory. Looks and feels clean and luxurious. The Havana is classed as a brown and goes perfectly with the Ivory/Chocolate.

I feel like i am driving a bus with so much light and space surrounding me, It feels so much like back to the family vehicle as aposed to me and my handbag (and freedom) in the MGF!

Best bits so far: The self opening tailgate (never had one of those before).

So looking forward to you two getting yours.
14-05-2012 07:19pm
ojonesyo

Great news from you guys and your Havana Evoques. I have chosen Havana with the tan interior so your opinions reassure me about the chances of the grey/brown hues of havana complementing the tan seats. I have around a month or so to wait so I will soon know for myself!
(14-05-2012 07:19pm)Mudi1 Wrote:  Hi Martin, Swabes

Picked up mine thurs in rush hour an in the pouring rain. (There were two other Havana's there).
Did not have detailing done so picked up straight after tax & valet.
I was surprised by the dealer to get a call on the 4th to say it was on its way already.

I had gone for the contrasting black roof, which doesnt make much difference as the havana under the grey sky looks much darker (mudi-grey) than in the sunlight.
In the sunlight (the odd few sec's) the gold fleck is a beauty giving the car a very dark bronzy tinge.

I umed and arhhed about whether I had made the right colour choice, I have always loved RR's in the mudi-earthy colours and do think that this colour suits the car and will not date.

The Ambiance interior is lovely and really classy. I true rich Ivory. Looks and feels clean and luxurious. The Havana is classed as a brown and goes perfectly with the Ivory/Chocolate.

I feel like i am driving a bus with so much light and space surrounding me, It feels so much like back to the family vehicle as aposed to me and my handbag (and freedom) in the MGF!

Best bits so far: The self opening tailgate (never had one of those before).

So looking forward to you two getting yours.
14-05-2012 07:25pm
Mudi1

Pleased to greet you, Ojonesyo. Join the H clan.

I toyed wth the spirit interior, I thought the tan seats would stay cleaner. But I chickened out and thought I should work harder on cleaning the ambiance.

I thought I would not let anyone in the car with dark navy jeans and there I was wearing them!! Some stain did transfer onto the seats but came off really easily with standard leather cleaner.
14-05-2012 07:42pm
MartinP

Pleased to hear that you have got yours Mudi and in a few days time I will be able to compare notes.
I popped over to the dealers today to take a quick look at it and although it was still encased in it's protective packaging it did look very classy indeed. I have a few things to sort out over the next few days before I collect it on Friday.
There are a few of us around now so maybe we should form our own Havana Club - and maybe mix a few cocktails with the rum of the same name to celebrate!!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
14-05-2012 08:36pm
swabes

(14-05-2012 08:36pm)MartinP Wrote:  Pleased to hear that you have got yours Mudi and in a few days time I will be able to compare notes.
I popped over to the dealers today to take a quick look at it and although it was still encased in it's protective packaging it did look very classy indeed. I have a few things to sort out over the next few days before I collect it on Friday.
There are a few of us around now so maybe we should form our own Havana Club - and maybe mix a few cocktails with the rum of the same name to celebrate!!

Club Havana - nice Smile

Ordered 5-2-12 - Collected 23-5-2012
5 door Prestige SD4 Lux in Havana/Ambiance, AD, S6 wheels, Spare wheel
Current: FL Sport, 2 Fiat 500s, MX-5
[Image: 130338.png]
15-05-2012 06:39pm
Mudi1

Excellent idea, seeing as though we are excluded from the what colour & second colour polls.
15-05-2012 11:39pm
MartinP

Hope everything goes smoothly for you today Swabes, and the weather is such that you will be able to appreciate Havana in it's full glory!

23-05-2012 06:02am
swabes

I have a new toy!
Handover from Stratstone Mayfair was brilliant. They must have spent a good hour walking me through all the details on the car (I now know where the 'secret compartment' is in the glove box for instance!)
It had 15 miles on the clock when I got it - it now has 48 after the drive home.
I know its early days but at the moment I cant fault it. The DAB radio quality is fantastic.

On a sunny day like today the colour has gone from a dark blueish grey through brown to bronze.

A few initial pics here:

Oh - and when we stopped the demo just off Park Lane and my sales guy waved me off we were accosted by a very exited woman who said "Whose car is this - I have to have it!!!":lol:

Ordered 5-2-12 - Collected 23-5-2012
5 door Prestige SD4 Lux in Havana/Ambiance, AD, S6 wheels, Spare wheel
Current: FL Sport, 2 Fiat 500s, MX-5
[Image: 130338.png]
23-05-2012 09:45pm
cjfp

Don't you know about the first rule of the secret compartment ? Laughing

Or the second rule !

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
23-05-2012 09:48pm