Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Gearbox Fault - DO NOT BUY THE 9 Speed Auto
Chrisr1806

RE: Gearbox Fault - 9 Speed - DEAR LANDROVER - CAN I HAVE MY MONEY BACK!

(28-08-2014 05:39pm)Tony Wrote:  We had hoped to have the RRS SE which with a sunroof would have been £53k, up around £3k on our Evoque but LR dropped the model and £65k for the HSE is out of our range.

That is a shame. Mine was £65k, best decision I have ever made! Couldn't be happier with it.

Hope you get your problems sorted.

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
28-08-2014 08:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

(28-08-2014 07:24pm)Redrob Wrote:  Sorry to hijack thread, but how do you start a thread, what do you need to go into?
can't seem to remember how to do it.

Go to the front of the forum, choose whichever topic you want to post in, click on it e.g. General, once that opens up you have the option to post a new thread.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
28-08-2014 08:25pm
Tony

RE: Gearbox Fault - DO NOT BUY THE 9 Speed Auto

(28-08-2014 08:17pm)Chrisr1806 Wrote:  That is a shame. Mine was £65k, best decision I have ever made! Couldn't be happier with it.

Hope you get your problems sorted.

I have looked at LR's used web site for a RRS2 but they start at over £62k with more miles on than I do in two years and I don't really want a second hand car.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 06:15pm by Tony.)
28-08-2014 08:36pm
vinny

SQ5 310 HP,0-60 in 4.8 limited to 155mph,40 MPG (realistic),open able tilt and slide panoramic roof,easy 10% discounts,quiet,rattle free,decent sat nav......
Go and have a drive of a car worth £40k+ you can't see the outside when your driving it!Laughing

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
28-08-2014 09:58pm
MarkA_

Gearbox Fault - 9 Speed - DEAR LANDROVER - CAN I HAVE MY MONEY BACK!

(28-08-2014 09:58pm)vinny Wrote:  SQ5 310 HP,0-60 in 4.8 limited to 155mph,40 MPG (realistic),open able tilt and slide panoramic roof,easy 10% discounts,quiet,rattle free,decent sat nav......
Go and have a drive of a car worth £40k+ you can't see the outside when your driving it!Laughing

It's all good until you fall asleep and crash from the boredom of driving it.

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
28-08-2014 10:44pm
Tony

(28-08-2014 09:58pm)vinny Wrote:  SQ5 310 HP,0-60 in 4.8 limited to 155mph,40 MPG (realistic),open able tilt and slide panoramic roof,easy 10% discounts,quiet,rattle free,decent sat nav......

Yes I have driven one and the engine is impresive but you cannot get over the fact that it looks like a 'brat bus on the school run'! At £40k plus you need to consider the whole package. If I wanted to frighten myself with high bhp I would build another Cobra replica and I can assure you there is no way you would fall asleep through boredom driving one of those!.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 06:15pm by Tony.)
28-08-2014 11:20pm
vinny

(28-08-2014 10:44pm)MarkA_ Wrote:  It's all good until you fall asleep and crash from the boredom of driving it.

I have never understood this boredom/no feedback crap that motoring journalists come away with?
I want to get from A-B as quick and safely as possible with as little effort as possible,like a Bentley or rolls Royce so they must be boring to drive too?
This months auto car compared the sq to x4,macan,x3 and all they could come up with was the steering was "inert" WTF does that mean?

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
29-08-2014 07:39am
Tony

Back on topic, the Mondeo courtesy car arrived at 8pm last night, 14 plate, diesel auto estate, 2k miles. It will do to get us about until LR make some sort of offer and a bunch of flowers for the wife ain't going to fix it this time.

One interesting thing I was told yesterday by the outsourcing team is that if there are no LR products available as courtesy cars then on no account are the hire company allowed to give us a BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Luxus or even a Volvo, in fact anything which is deemed a prestige car and potential competitor to LR. So we are left with at the best Ford, Vauxhall etc.

Certainly if we move to another brand one of my main questions will be if it breaks how do you keep us mobile?

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 06:16pm by Tony.)
29-08-2014 10:44am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Do they also consider the Ford SUV to be so much of a threat to LR sales that you can't have a 4WD vehicle from the Ford stable? You need to point out that a Mondeo isn't 4WD and won't get you far on your croft's outlying fields when you have to tend your livestock! Sad that LR considers cars with zero offroad ability to be a threat, if that is the case then the Dacia Duster 4WD is a very serious threat to a Range a Rover Evoque!

My brother advised this morning that he ran mine for the first time in 8 weeks yesterday, took it on a 32 mile round trip and it never rattled once.......... He drives an Audi A4 All-Road with the 2.0ltr TFSi motor in it

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 29-08-2014 01:17pm by XFullFatTim.)
29-08-2014 01:13pm
Tony

(29-08-2014 01:13pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Do they also consider the Ford SUV to be so much of a threat to LR sales that you can't have a 4WD vehicle from the Ford stable? You need to point out that a Mondeo isn't 4WD and won't get you far on your croft's outlying fields when you have to tend your livestock! Sad that LR considers cars with zero offroad ability to be a threat, if that is the case then the Dacia Duster 4WD is a very serious threat to a Range a Rover Evoque!

My brother advised this morning that he ran mine for the first time in 8 weeks yesterday, took it on a 32 mile round trip and it never rattled once.......... He drives an Audi A4 All-Road with the 2.0ltr TFSi motor in it

I don't know how they feel about the Ford SUV, I did a check on Enterprises web site and could find no mention of LR products for hire, just lists 4x4 Jeep Cherokee, Nissan Entrail or similar.

You can buy 4 Dacia Dusters for the price of my Evoque, thats one to use and three spares!.

Good to know your Evoque started after standing for 8 weeks, at least LR seem to have sorted the infamous 'Flat battery' issues.

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 06:16pm by Tony.)
29-08-2014 01:58pm