Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Gearbox Fault - DO NOT BUY THE 9 Speed Auto
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Gearbox Fault - 9 Speed - DEAR LANDROVER - CAN I HAVE MY MONEY BACK!

A 57 plate Polio cannot in any way be considered an equivalent to a 3 month old highly specced Range Rover Evoque............... Somebody has seriously cocked up in the LRA rental car section, even if they don't have another !and Rover product something at least with a 13/63 plate and more in keeping with what you have lost use of would be more appropriate

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
27-08-2014 01:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tony

RE: Gearbox Fault - DO NOT BUY THE 9 Speed Auto

(27-08-2014 01:31pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  A 57 plate Polio cannot in any way be considered an equivalent to a 3 month old highly specced Range Rover Evoque............... Somebody has seriously cocked up in the LRA rental car section, even if they don't have another !and Rover product something at least with a 13/63 plate and more in keeping with what you have lost use of would be more appropriate

Tim, one thing in favour of the polo is IT DON'T RATTLE!

I do not know how many elastic bands are under the polo's bonnet but last night I transported two other members to our meeting in town, I am 6'2" and 13 stone, the other two guys are 6'5" - 23 stone and 5'8" -17 stone, that little car was really struggling on the hills but it must of looked really comical us trying to get out of it when we arrived.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 06:13pm by Tony.)
27-08-2014 01:45pm
XFullFatTim

That is one big bonus for the rental car then Tony, it might run out of steam loaded up, but at least no chipmunks have taken up residence! Pretty good for a 7 year old econobox! You thought of making them an offer to buy it? Bet our Evoques will still have rattles when they get to that sort of age, although hopefully I won't still have mine in 2 years time let alone 7. I will be off to Stirling Audi when I get back to see what they can do for an A4 or A6 All-Road against a 6 month old Evoque if LR cannot resolve the rattling in mine. 18 years of loyalty to LR has been totally totally destroyed by the massive disappointment this current Evoque has been to me.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
27-08-2014 01:58pm
Tony

(27-08-2014 01:58pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  That is one big bonus for the rental car then Tony, it might run out of steam loaded up, but at least no chipmunks have taken up residence! Pretty good for a 7 year old econobox! You thought of making them an offer to buy it? Bet our Evoques will still have rattles when they get to that sort of age, although hopefully I won't still have mine in 2 years time let alone 7. I will be off to Stirling Audi when I get back to see what they can do for an A4 or A6 All-Road against a 6 month old Evoque if LR cannot resolve the rattling in mine. 18 years of loyalty to LR has been totally totally destroyed by the massive disappointment this current Evoque has been to me.

I thought you were fairly rattle free when you took delivery, has it deteriorated that much?

Most of the rattles in both of ours were there from day one.

I hate to think of an Evoque at 7 years old, probably scrapped out as unecconomical to repair/maintain.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 06:13pm by Tony.)
27-08-2014 02:07pm
Tony

Just when you think it can't get any worse, I have just had a call from Proxima who supplied the courtesy car, they say the hire ends tomorrow and the car will be collected.

No word on what is wrong with the Evoque or how long it will take to fix.

Thanks for nothing Land Rover!

(This post was last modified: 28-08-2014 03:11pm by Tony.)
27-08-2014 04:11pm
XFullFatTim

Tony it was "fairly rattle free" but between April and June it has developed rattles all along the top of the windscreen from the InControl Overhead panel over to the passenger side A pillar and down that. I suspect that the cables for the InControl might be to blame, but before I left in June the noise from them rattling was annoying, I haven't driven the car since early June as I have been at work in the Middle East all summer. Every time I drove over a bump it rattled up there. Also in the drivers door panel something sounds loose, maybe a wire to the speakers or the switches. Ok so mine was a very early car with InControl but the doors should be totally rattle free after 3 years of production.

27-08-2014 05:28pm
Tony

(27-08-2014 05:28pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Tony it was "fairly rattle free" but between April and June it has developed rattles all along the top of the windscreen from the InControl Overhead panel over to the passenger side A pillar and down that. I suspect that the cables for the InControl might be to blame, but before I left in June the noise from them rattling was annoying, I haven't driven the car since early June as I have been at work in the Middle East all summer. Every time I drove over a bump it rattled up there. Also in the drivers door panel something sounds loose, maybe a wire to the speakers or the switches. Ok so mine was a very early car with InControl but the doors should be totally rattle free after 3 years of production.

Tim, I would expect the windscreen 'A' pillar problem to be a fairly easy fix by removal of the trim panels and securing/insulating the offending cables. Doors are a bit more difficult as you can create three new rattles by trying to fix one. A lot depends on the ability/dedication of the technicians at your choosen dealership. All said and done at the price LR are now charging for their products it just should not happen.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 09:31pm by Tony.)
27-08-2014 06:12pm
J77

Land Rover state that you will get a car for 2 weeks.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
27-08-2014 09:24pm
jitenc

Tim,
It's part of the LR experience. I would still rate the car high in the JD Power survey, as i want to show the rest of the competition that we have not made a mistake into buying a legendary car.
Little would anyone know, I would like to have a heart to heart chat with the LR engineering department and tell them about the design faults!!! And obviously, customer service, as they have not really listened to the 1st generation Evoque owners.
So what do we do, was my original question, two years back.....
Solution now.. The Q5, Porshe Cayman, jeep... But it's a habit for me to buy cars and run it to the ground before buying a new one... So I guess I am still living the Experience!

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
27-08-2014 09:29pm
Tony

(27-08-2014 09:24pm)J77 Wrote:  Land Rover state that you will get a car for 2 weeks.

The lady from Proxima said two days, they need authorisation from LR to extend, LR need to sort this.

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 06:14pm by Tony.)
27-08-2014 09:29pm