Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Gearbox Fault - DO NOT BUY THE 9 Speed Auto
Tony

RE: Gearbox Fault - DO NOT BUY THE 9 Speed Auto

Feast your eyes on this, this is what LR Assist give you 'for two days only' (then you walk) when your new expensive Evoque goes belly up.

This courtesy car has a certain 'Presence' does it not!
Open the door and it hits you full frontal - working mens club with that hint of wet dog - Nice!

(27-08-2014 01:58pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  That is one big bonus for the rental car then Tony, it might run out of steam loaded up, but at least no chipmunks have taken up residence! Pretty good for a 7 year old econobox! You thought of making them an offer to buy it? Bet our Evoques will still have rattles when they get to that sort of age, although hopefully I won't still have mine in 2 years time let alone 7. I will be off to Stirling Audi when I get back to see what they can do for an A4 or A6 All-Road against a 6 month old Evoque if LR cannot resolve the rattling in mine. 18 years of loyalty to LR has been totally totally destroyed by the massive disappointment this current Evoque has been to me.

Tim to be honest that though had crossed my mind, it has 11months mot and tax, nearly new tyres and it will no doubt still be running when my Evoque is no longer financially viable to keep on the road - if only the inside did not stink so much!

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 06:14pm by Tony.)
27-08-2014 10:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tony

We are now again without transport, Proxima had the courtesy car collected 5 minutes ago.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
28-08-2014 01:08pm
DVFlyer

RE: Gearbox Fault - 9 Speed - DEAR LANDROVER - CAN I HAVE MY MONEY BACK!

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I purchased a 2014 Pure Premium and got a "gear box fault" the third day (200 miles) I had it. While driving normally, I decided to try the paddle shifters to slow in traffic. While downshifting, the transmission seemed to get confused. Stumbled, accelerated on it's own. I held the right paddle shifter to get it back into Auto mode, it stumbled again and the fault message displayed on the dash. I pulled to the shoulder, turned the car off and on and things were back to normal.

Took it into the dealer the next day. They contacted LR and was told to check some connections. All seemed fine, so they contacted LR again who authorized them to replace the transmission. Total time in the shop was a little over a week. Sourcing the transmission was the main cause of the longer than normal repair time.

*knocking on wood* everything seems much better/ smoother etc.

2014 Zanzibar Pure Premium. Black roof, black wheels, black interior.
28-08-2014 02:49pm
Chrisr1806

Get an RRS, mines superb, no rattles and build quality is excellent and they are not much more than your Evoque in HSE trim. You also get the punchy and refined 3.0 SDV6 engine.

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
28-08-2014 04:23pm
Tony

(28-08-2014 04:23pm)Chrisr1806 Wrote:  Get an RRS, mines superb, no rattles and build quality is excellent and they are not much more than your Evoque in HSE trim. You also get the punchy and refined 3.0 SDV6 engine.

We had hoped to have the RRS SE which with a sunroof would have been £53k, up around £3k on our Evoque but LR dropped the model and £65k for the HSE is out of our range.

28-08-2014 05:39pm
m_101

This all sounds horrendous. After a ton of rattles, I think this will be my last LR product. I can't afford to get rid of it for a few years but I don't think I'll be getting another evoque for my next car unless quality improves drastically. It looks beautiful but it really isn't screwed together properly.
I will probably wait and see what happens in the next year and consider either a Jag XJ or F-type coupe at 2-3 years old once they have lost the bulk of the depreciation. Jags seem lovely to drive although the depreciation is quite steep so I wouldn't want to drive one new. A couple of friends have them and love them and the perceived quality inside my friend's XJ is beautiful, not a squeak or a rattle and it's almost 3 years old, beautiful car.
Tony your experience with the (lack of) courtesy car is awful and I would be straight on to LR and reject the vehicle.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
28-08-2014 06:50pm
Tony

(28-08-2014 06:50pm)m_101 Wrote:  This all sounds horrendous. After a ton of rattles, I think this will be my last LR product. I can't afford to get rid of it for a few years but I don't think I'll be getting another evoque for my next car unless quality improves drastically. It looks beautiful but it really isn't screwed together properly.
I will probably wait and see what happens in the next year and consider either a Jag XJ or F-type coupe at 2-3 years old once they have lost the bulk of the depreciation. Jags seem lovely to drive although the depreciation is quite steep so I wouldn't want to drive one new. A couple of friends have them and love them and the perceived quality inside my friend's XJ is beautiful, not a squeak or a rattle and it's almost 3 years old, beautiful car.
Tony your experience with the (lack of) courtesy car is awful and I would be straight on to LR and reject the vehicle.

M-101, just had the days update, dealer awaiting LR tech to advise if gearbox needs changing out. I have already told dealer and Pete, who is on the case that I want the vehicle replaced to same spec at no cost to me or full refund.

At the moment we are still waiting for a replacement courtesy car, a Ford Mondaeo has been promised.

28-08-2014 07:14pm
Redrob

Sorry to hijack thread, but how do you start a thread, what do you need to go into?
can't seem to remember how to do it.

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
28-08-2014 07:24pm
m_101

Yes absolutely - that's the least they can do. Hopefully the mondeo will be brand new and not 7 years old!
I also saw that the new volvo xc90 is coming out soon and looks really good. When our cars get a few years old that might also be worth a punt! The current xc90 is a good car let down by an ageing gearbox, however my aunt's car is now over 10 years old, doesn't have a single rattle and is still fantastic on the motorways. If the next car is as good it won't be as exciting as the evoque but will be much better built and still good to drive.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/new-v...2014-08-26

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
(This post was last modified: 28-08-2014 07:29pm by m_101.)
28-08-2014 07:28pm
Tony

(28-08-2014 07:28pm)m_101 Wrote:  Yes absolutely - that's the least they can do. Hopefully the mondeo will be brand new and not 7 years old!
I also saw that the new volvo xc90 is coming out soon and looks really good. When our cars get a few years old that might also be worth a punt! The current xc90 is a good car let down by an ageing gearbox, however my aunt's car is now over 10 years old, doesn't have a single rattle and is still fantastic on the motorways. If the next car is as good it won't be as exciting as the evoque but will be much better built and still good to drive.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/new-v...2014-08-26

Looks interesting but I don't need 7 seats, I have never been a Volvo fan, still remember the 300 series from 30 years ago I guess!.

I keep building cars on the Audi configurator, you can now build and price the new TT but only two engine options so far 2lt petrol in 2WD drive and 4WD and 2lt diesel in 2WD. No news yet of the diesel 4WD or availability dates. Had another look at the SQ5 but it looks too much like a people carrier, the Evoques styling is hard to beat at the moment. On the remote chance we got a refund we may go visit the X4 M Sport again.

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 06:15pm by Tony.)
28-08-2014 07:41pm