Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ex Ranger Rover/Sport owners
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Ex Ranger Rover/Sport owners

Enjoy your new Westminster RRV, my GP has one of the 2009 versions.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
07-03-2012 10:35am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fam1x

(07-03-2012 01:24am)martinPL Wrote:  I am surprised too that I see it that way Smile These attitudes must be location specific - while here in US AUDI TT has no particular gender/profession associated with it I often ran into the "hairdresser's car" term in Europe

Personally think its sad people whom are jealous of what you have, think its smart to coin a term not so flattery. It's failed common behaviour and have seen it, I'd say just ignore the idiots and enjoy your car.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
07-03-2012 07:42pm
Coolbanana

(06-03-2012 11:15pm)Sensorian Wrote:  'A womans car. '

Hahaha. Just shows the different attitudes to cars.

It really isn't.

I don't worry about labelling - my Dad takes every opportunity to tell me how many women are driving Evoques and how he has yet to see a man alone in one! He has a Land Cruiser 4.7 V8 VX Petrol that he bought last year to replace his Disco 3 and added a new LR Defender Double Cab last week for moving garden rubbish and rough stuff in Southern Africa (doesn't want to scratch the LC).

Ever since I traded my Disco 4 for the Evoque he likes to say I'm driving a woman's car Laughing

The way I see it, when I visit him I get to use the LC and now Defender for proper off-road adventures while here in the UK I drive the LR product that suits my wants/needs more perfectly for everyday use. Cool

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
07-03-2012 08:34pm
THEMACS

We haven't had any LR products before so can't comment on comparison. But I do think that certain models are more feminine!

I could see myself having the Coupe as a blokes car, but somehow I see the 5 door as a ladies carConfused

Our Evoque is going to be for Mrs Mac, but we do envisage this now being the Family car at the weekend, at which time I will probably do some/most of the driving. I really enjoyed the feeling when I drove it on the test drive as I liked the elevated driving position which I have never experienced beforeVery Happy

I look at Q5's and X3's as being ladies cars too, perhaps as in the main they are driven by females, as to I do think RRS are for women. My wife wanted me to get a RRS to which it was a BIG NO NO, not my type of car Whatsoever!!!! Although I could see myself driving a Nice Disco 4, much more Masculine!!

I must admit I am really looking forward to us getting it, hopefully in the next 2 weeks, if not sooner!!

I am sure I will change my view on it being a womans car when I am pinching it from Mrs Mac all the time!LaughingLaughing

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2012 10:44pm by THEMACS.)
07-03-2012 10:43pm
jrinns

Had a sport and a q7, both big beasts and very un car like. Really enjoy the evoque, feels smallish with all 4 of us in it on a weekend run but the wife likes the size.
07-03-2012 10:57pm
jitenc

So much for a feminine car....wait till summer. I will have loud music with the windows down .... With full bass... Listening to Bon Jovi... Def not femininity.

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
07-03-2012 11:15pm
THEMACS

(07-03-2012 11:15pm)jitenc Wrote:  So much for a feminine car....wait till summer. I will have loud music with the windows down .... With full bass... Listening to Bon Jovi... Def not femininity.

No Just Very Sad!!!Laughing

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
07-03-2012 11:28pm
Sensorian

(07-03-2012 11:15pm)jitenc Wrote:  So much for a feminine car....wait till summer. I will have loud music with the windows down .... With full bass... Listening to Bon Jovi... Def not femininity.

Thank god you are in London. I'd hate for you to be polluting the clear mancunian air with that load of old codswallop Laughing

Dynamic Barolo Black, Black interior, Panoramic roof, plus pack, style 6 wheels, Meridian upgrade
07-03-2012 11:32pm
THEMACS

(07-03-2012 11:32pm)Sensorian Wrote:  Thank god you are in London. I'd hate for you to be polluting the clear mancunian air with that load of old codswallop Laughing

Rolling with Laughter

07-03-2012 11:33pm
DynamicRRV

(07-03-2012 10:35am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Enjoy your new Westminster RRV, my GP has one of the 2009 versions.

Thanks Tim....I AM enjoying it....in fact Im loving it!!Very Happy
08-03-2012 06:24pm