Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good News Today!!
THEMACS

RE: Good News Today!!

(09-03-2012 02:59pm)PAT Wrote:  You never know with Land Rover as it seems the info the dealers have on Vista is not up to date.

I was at the dealers on Tuesday discussing part exchange and finance and he looked on Vista and said it showed the car going into build on the 7th March with a new delivery date of the 21st.

Just had an email from him to say the car has been called and is on its way up to Edinburgh Shocked

Some how I don't think they managed to build it in three days but I'm not complaining Very Happy

Great news PatVery Happy

This seems to tie into what my dealer said that cars can just appear! He expected ours to be called over towards the back end of next week, might be before and in time for next Saturday with a fair windVery Happy

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
09-03-2012 06:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
geordie

(09-03-2012 01:49pm)WB Wrote:  I was told all cars built before mid-Nov had the old price and all built after mid-Nov have the new price. Reality is there seems to be no firm rule - you can try to push it with the dealer principle and LR especially if you have an order form with the old price on it.

Picked up car. Paid full price for roof, a teaspoon of diesel in tank, ten minute demo, no gift or anything for wife.
Change of dealer next time I think.
09-03-2012 06:38pm
SINGHY

Themacs
Can't see why they can't give you a chassis number I was given mine a few days before build, it was scheduled to go to build on 2 march but went in on 29 feb and was complete when I visited factory on 2 march. My dealer has kept me updated without any prompting from me.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
09-03-2012 06:46pm
THEMACS

(09-03-2012 06:46pm)SINGHY Wrote:  Themacs
Can't see why they can't give you a chassis number I was given mine a few days before build, it was scheduled to go to build on 2 march but went in on 29 feb and was complete when I visited factory on 2 march. My dealer has kept me updated without any prompting from me.

Good for you!

He said they should have a chassis number next week, from what he said they only get allocated a chassis number towards the end of the build process, how can you have a chassis number before its builtQuestion maybe your dealer has not given you the exact info on time

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
09-03-2012 07:30pm
rvsvet

regarding old/new price for pano roof, I would argue that if you signed a purchase order with a dealer, and the old price for the roof is quoted there, that constitutes a legal contract between you and the dealer to supply the stated goods at the stated price. Or is my logic too simplistic?

SD4 5 dr Dynamic Auto in OG with verve interior, Shadow Chrome style 7 alloys, Pano roof, privacy glass and spare wheel. Collected 25th May. 900 miles driven in 1st month.
09-03-2012 10:07pm
THEMACS

(09-03-2012 10:07pm)rvsvet Wrote:  regarding old/new price for pano roof, I would argue that if you signed a purchase order with a dealer, and the old price for the roof is quoted there, that constitutes a legal contract between you and the dealer to supply the stated goods at the stated price. Or is my logic too simplistic?

Perhaps, but if you wanted to cancel a couple of months after order before the car was built, would you expect to have to complete your order and pay for the car??............ Thought Not!! I think you have your answer!

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2012 10:13pm by THEMACS.)
09-03-2012 10:13pm
SINGHY

(09-03-2012 07:30pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Good for you!

He said they should have a chassis number next week, from what he said they only get allocated a chassis number towards the end of the build process, how can you have a chassis number before its builtQuestion maybe your dealer has not given you the exact info on time

Not at all unlike many on this forum who've had problems with their dealer I haven't. I've even checked the number on topix and it correctly identifies my car.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
10-03-2012 12:47am
THEMACS

(10-03-2012 12:47am)SINGHY Wrote:  Not at all unlike many on this forum who've had problems with their dealer I haven't. I've even checked the number on topix and it correctly identifies my car.

From what I can gather Topix is not always reliable or up to date, as someone else posted earlier in this thread.

10-03-2012 12:53am