- Comfort
- TDV 8 engine
- Commanding view

Things I dont miss:
- The poor reliability - could not stay away from the dealers
- The high cost of fuel consumption, insurance and road tax
- Roll and under steer in fast cornering
- Weight of the beast

The Evoque is so much better at handling on the winding roads to work, the engine is freeing up but still does not provide the wave of torque the TDV 8 could provide. Overall I am very happy I made the change as it suits my needs very well and has so many toys. 34 mpg in and out of work is so much better than 22 mpg too.

However if there is a Grande Evoque with more luggage space and more powerful engine, I will be first to put my name down for one.Very Happy

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
08-03-2012 10:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Ex Ranger Rover/Sport owners

Did you ever try the 4.4TDv8 Claud? The suspension had the next generation of the TDv8 RRS Dynamic Response so next to no roll and a tidal wave of torque mated to that superb 8 speed gearbox.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
09-03-2012 12:57am
defender_uk

(06-03-2012 09:41pm)Richchad Wrote:  Just wondered how many Evoque owners had Range Rovers or Sports previously and have they regretted the change to an Evoque or pleased they have done it Question

I know XFullFatTim had Range Rovers before, not sure how many others there are.

Just that I am on my second Sport and am looking to swap for an Evoque but do keep wondering if I am doing the right thing.. Confused

regret

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
09-03-2012 10:06am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DynamicRRV

I can confirm all if the above it's a true beast!
09-03-2012 10:32am
Claud

(09-03-2012 12:57am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Did you ever try the 4.4TDv8 Claud? The suspension had the next generation of the TDv8 RRS Dynamic Response so next to no roll and a tidal wave of torque mated to that superb 8 speed gearbox.
Tim

We test drove a new 4.4 TDV8 vogue with 5 miles on the clock out of the showroom. It was delightful, engine much quieter than the 3.6 and even more low end torque. The car was smoother quieter and better in corners, however we were looking at around £50k to change from the 3.6 TDV8 on a model that had 9 months to run and looked almost the same as my 2007 model. I was convinced such a purchase would be the equivalent of tearing up two £50 notes a day.

I may stick with the Evoque but am feeling under whelmed by my SD4 engine and would very much like a more powerful diesel option. The mid range torque is not what I would like. My wife's Freelander seems to have much better performance in the mid range. I wonder if I would have preferred the petrol engine??

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
09-03-2012 10:11pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The way that FFRR and RRS prices have leapt are astonishing and sometimes I wonder how Land Rover justifies them. I got my 3.6 Vogue just before the launch of the 4.4, I spent a day on the official LR launch driving day near Edinburgh and was very taken with the car. I wasn't 100% committed to the LRX as it then was but had a deposit on it in case. As it turned out events overtook me and I really needed to have a car that I could get into my garage, which the Evoque only just does.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
09-03-2012 10:41pm