Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
Dynamic 5 door, Sumatra Black, Pimento & Black interior.
defender_uk

RE: Dynamic 5 door, Sumatra Black, Pimento & Black interior.

(24-09-2011 09:56am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Off topic history lesson!
IIRC, Autobiography was originally a car taken off the production line, stripped down and rebuilt to the owners own specification - the old fashioned "coach built" same as Vanden Plas or Mulliner or Hoopers used to be. Just for the paint job on an Autobiography L322 FFRR you paid £10k over the price of a standard car, then there was limitless colours for the interior, wood choices et... etc. Now it is a run of the mill model with extra (in my view) tasteless chrome-alike bits stuck on and a more luxurious interior. The original In Vogue was a very successful limited edition Classic Range Rover - built with input from the woman's magazine Vogue to make Range Rover appeal more to women drivers......................... so using people like Victoria Beckham is nothing new to Range Rover owners

glad I am not the only one that thinks that Tim...such a shame we have regressed really and lost the chance for real quality individuality....

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
24-09-2011 03:09pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DynamicRRV

Beautiful car mate....well done!!
24-09-2011 03:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spiderman

(24-09-2011 03:25pm)DynamicRRV Wrote:  Beautiful car mate....well done!!

Thank you!

I travelled south today to our 2nd home on Lake Windermere, Despite looking for them we didn't see another Evoque on the road from Scotland, we saw plenty camera phones snapping away quite happily though...it really is the car of the moment and a very enjoyable journey we had too, even the 'Kirkstone Pass' and 'The Struggle' were enjoyable for a change, I say that as we usually come here in our FFRR and on those narrow roads, at rush hour, it can be a challenge at times to negotiate vans and other large 4x4's to say it mildly!!!

We stopped in past the Land Rover Dealerships in Stirling and Carlisle for a refreshment break and a nosey to see if either Dealership had anything different in, but all they each had was a Dynamic Coupe in Fuji with a Narvik Roof, a Prestige 5 door in Sumatra and one had a Pure Coupe in Sumatra & the others was Orkney Grey. All interiors were standard black leather with white stitching, nothing inspirational, as I have time yet to change my next 2 Evoque orders I really wanted to see a different Evoque in a Dealership as they all have the same stock, but, perhaps that's what they had to take from LR for the launch/Demo stock...I'd love to see the Colima Lime with a Narvik Roof and either the Dynamic Plus's Black Interior or it's own coloured stitched interior as I saw that at the Geneva Motor Show in March and from what I recall it was absolutely stunning with Black Wheels...the other one I've yet to see is Firenze Red with a Narvik roof, the closest I came to one was seeing that colour on a Disco4 at Stirling's Dealership today & I am sure with the Dynamic Plus's Black interior it would also be stunning! I would like to see some of the other Dynamics Leather Combos, such as Pursuit & Energy as Black is so restrained & I think the Dealerships are playing it a tad too safe IMHO.

Everyone who saw my Sumatra Black 5 door Dynamic with it's Black and Perforated Pimento Verve interior loved the combination, it really stood out against the Dealerships black interior Evoques, in a good way and most of the sales guys came over to have a look as many had only seen the black interiors & none had seen this combo in any Evoque prior.

Brilliant car, it performed flawlessly today yet again and as my wife did some of the driving she has just advised me she's changing her Prestige's order for a SD4 Dynamic and wants to get the spec I had so far ordered, so she can have my car and I'll change her spec to another Evoque that I'd like such as a 5 door Si4 Colima Lime or Firenze Red with Black Panoramic Roof and the Dynamic Plus's Velocity (black) interior and then I can drive whichever car I like, when she's not using hers....conversely I'm sure it will work the other way too!!!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 24-09-2011 11:03pm by Spiderman.)
24-09-2011 09:34pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Not tempted by a coupe?
24-09-2011 10:03pm
Spiderman

I prefer the styling of the 5 door version Charlie.

24-09-2011 11:12pm
memota

Spiderman, I just read another post you made (about your dealer) where you were a bit negative about the dash topper / door material on the Dynamic. Any thoughts now you have one in your hands?
25-09-2011 08:42am
Spiderman

Good point, my first viewing of the recycled dash topper was in a plain black interior car and I felt it didn't gel too well with the perforated black leather in the Dynamics door cards & having seen more of these all black interior Dynamics I hold the same opinion, however, with the Pimento Red and Black combo or the Pursuits Ivory/Dark Grey combo it looks absolutely stunning and is a very nice contrast indeed.

In summary, if the Dynamics interior is to be all black it's at odds with the perforated black leather in the door cards IMHO, however, if you have a contrast colour such as Ivory or Pimento it looks great and as the double stitching across the dashboard facia is also in Ivory or Pimento it flows very well and I am very pleased with my Evoques interior.

My wife is going for it in her Fuji Dynamic.....she swapped from an OG Prestige with AD yesterday after having driven my car as she loved the interiors combo too as we both feel it lifts the interior beautifully and makes it very sporty.

Hope this helps...
Peter

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2011 01:03pm by Spiderman.)
25-09-2011 12:08pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Not tempted by a Dynamic Plus Lux Spider?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-09-2011 12:13pm
Spiderman

(25-09-2011 12:13pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Not tempted by a Dynamic Plus Lux Spider?

i am Tim, now that my dear wife has 'stolen' my next Dynamics full specification on seeing a Fuji with Black roof for the 1st time yesterday, absolutely loved it, she is also going with the Pimento/Black interior of my current Evoque, so I'm now leaning towards a 5 door SD4 or Si4 Dynamic Plus Lux in Firenze Red with a Narvic Panoramic Roof & if I do the only seat option to go with this exterior is black IMHO & that for me means the Black Dynamic Plus's all leather interior is a must....as I will now drive both of these Evoques I want to drive a Si4 version again to see if another suffers initial lag and if not I may opt for petrol so I have 2 different beasts to enjoy...I'll let you know how I get on once Ive had the test drive....

(This post was last modified: 25-09-2011 12:36pm by Spiderman.)
25-09-2011 12:29pm
andyuk

Can you confirm if you can still watch a movie via a USB drive on the 8" screen if you havnt ordered the TV & Dual screen option?

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
25-09-2011 11:20pm