Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
Dynamic 5 door, Sumatra Black, Pimento & Black interior.
Spiderman

RE: Dynamic 5 door, Sumatra Black, Pimento & Black interior.

Hello Mark, for my current Evoque I opted for the SD4 and my wife chose the same.

As an avid Petrolhead I didn't choose the SD4 engine for its economy, I really surprised myself that I chose the diesel over the petrol engine, as the petrol version I tried was as quick as my 4.2 supercharged FFRR, but, was much more fun through the twisty stuff, I chose the diesel as it did it not suffer from the initial turbo lag of the SDi model I test drove & so it felt more responsive and enjoyable, however, over this coming week I am visiting a few Dealerships to test more SDi models to see if the SDi I drove was a one off & if it was then my next Evoque will be changed to a SDi for sure as with my wife's Evoque I'll then have 2 very different toys to enjoy....that is if I can borrow her keys without her knowing of course, as I rather suspect she will be sleeping with them under her pillow as she adores the Evoque too Very Happy

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 22-09-2011 10:14am by Spiderman.)
22-09-2011 10:10am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paulus599

Do you mean Si4 rather than SDi ?

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
22-09-2011 11:14am
mark_n

(22-09-2011 11:14am)paulus599 Wrote:  Do you mean Si4 rather than SDi ?

Yes, I think he means Si4. It seems that you need to be above 2000 rpm, some say 2500 rpm, to get the turbo boost and it will therefore lack the low end grunt that the diesels have; in practice it's just a case of being in the right gear. The German review I read thought the petrol engine was "the scoop" as they called it. I'm still hoping that LR will produce a range-topper with more power still.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
22-09-2011 01:30pm
Spiderman

Yes I meant the Si4, thanks for correcting the errors of my way Bow down Ner Ner

22-09-2011 08:10pm
FFRR

(22-09-2011 01:30pm)mark_n Wrote:  I'm still hoping that LR will produce a range-topper with more power still.

Mmm one guess what it'll be called: Autobiography Evoque...a further dilution of the Autobiography sub-brand. Was bad enough when they made it mainstream with the Range Rover.

But as the Evoque is very sporty, I feel it is a little underpowered. 3.0 Diesel would be great.
(This post was last modified: 23-09-2011 03:03pm by FFRR.)
23-09-2011 03:02pm
Spiderman

I'm sure they will take out a variant with more power, but as long as their order books remain healthy, their profits will be too with this great UK success story, IMHO I think it'll be in at least 12 months time if not longer....pity as I would also like to own a more powerful version and will be one of the 1st to deposit when it's announced.

Although I have heard somethings in the pipeline!!!

(This post was last modified: 24-09-2011 08:50am by Spiderman.)
24-09-2011 01:42am
mark_n

As long as that something is more than a warmed-over Victoria Beckham special...

As for model name, don't really know what tags like Autobiography and Vogue are meant to mean. We can expect the Porsche Cajun to give the Evoque a fun for it's money even if it is depressingly like the Q5 in form and function. LR have their place in the sun for now but it won't be for ever.

Mark

24-09-2011 09:15am
Spiderman

As long as they are 'in the sun' it's a fantastic British success story Mark....and personally I'd rather buy a RR product any day of the week over any Porsche as I prefer my toys to be of British or Italian origin as I feel they have way more soul than any German manufactured car...

(This post was last modified: 24-09-2011 09:54am by Spiderman.)
24-09-2011 09:52am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Off topic history lesson!
IIRC, Autobiography was originally a car taken off the production line, stripped down and rebuilt to the owners own specification - the old fashioned "coach built" same as Vanden Plas or Mulliner or Hoopers used to be. Just for the paint job on an Autobiography L322 FFRR you paid £10k over the price of a standard car, then there was limitless colours for the interior, wood choices etc etc. Now it is a run of the mill model with extra (in my view) tasteless chrome-alike bits stuck on and a more luxurious interior. The original In Vogue was a very successful limited edition Classic Range Rover - built with input from the woman's magazine Vogue to make Range Rover appeal more to women drivers......................... so using people like Victoria Beckham is nothing new to Range Rover owners

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 24-09-2011 10:04am by XFullFatTim.)
24-09-2011 09:56am
mark_n

Well, I certainly accept that German cars are becoming a bit soulless and it remains to be seen whether, for me, the Evoque is more than the sum of its parts. I certainly hope there's room in there for a bigger engine or at least a more powerful version of the existing one.

Mark

24-09-2011 03:01pm