Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
Dynamic 5 door, Sumatra Black, Pimento & Black interior.
SebM

RE: Dynamic 5 door, Sumatra Black, Pimento & Black interior.

Congrats !!!

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
21-09-2011 07:51am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
memota

Are the grey looking bits on the seats and dash actually black in the flesh? Just the flash making it look grey?
21-09-2011 10:23am
Spiderman

(21-09-2011 10:23am)memota Wrote:  Are the grey looking bits on the seats and dash actually black in the flesh? Just the flash making it look grey?

They are black and the red is a mat perforated paler red, the combo looks great in the flesh and is very sporty...this is interior will suit a white, black or grey Evoque very well.

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
21-09-2011 11:40am
memota

(21-09-2011 11:40am)Spiderman Wrote:  
(21-09-2011 10:23am)memota Wrote:  Are the grey looking bits on the seats and dash actually black in the flesh? Just the flash making it look grey?

They are black and the red is a mat perforated paler red, the combo looks great in the flesh and is very sporty...this is interior will suit a white, black or grey Evoque very well.

Terrific, thanks. Does look good!
21-09-2011 11:59am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Spider, congratulations and I'm so glad now there is somebody else to back up what some people must have thought was over-egging the car's abilities. I don't think I have owned a car with so much fore/aft seat adjustment as the Evoque. Further than either RRS or FFRR has. I used to drive the RRS and FFRR with the driver's seat right back, in the Evoque its about 3/4 of the way along the adjustment. At 5ft7" tall I find though that my most comfortable seat height is on the highest setting. I'm so glad LR took so long to get the car to the Market now.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-09-2011 10:20pm by XFullFatTim.)
21-09-2011 10:19pm
Spiderman

It's a fantastic car, I'm just a tad over 6'2" and I don't have the seat right back, I was in a FFRR passenger seat yesterday and I had that seat right back and still my legs felt cramped by comparison.

I don't think we could over-egg this car, LR have done a fantastic job of it here as others will find out when they get their Evoques.

As someone who 'gets' cars and definitely has petrol in his veins I have owned some 20+ cars in the last 3 years, most have been at the top end of the market and I can honestly say, without fear of contradiction, that the Evoque rivals any for luxury and sheer comfort & it is so much better than either my FFRR or RRS ever was, it's simply outstanding & I hope the ownership experience remains as faultless, as it's a very welcome addition to my car loving life!!!

22-09-2011 12:20am
mark_n

I'm afraid that for this old man (well, 56), the red interior is too much.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
22-09-2011 12:38am
ytshome

(21-09-2011 10:19pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Spider, congratulations and I'm so glad now there is somebody else to back up what some people must have thought was over-egging the car's abilities. I don't think I have owned a car with so much fore/aft seat adjustment as the Evoque. Further than either RRS or FFRR has. I used to drive the RRS and FFRR with the driver's seat right back, in the Evoque its about 3/4 of the way along the adjustment. At 5ft7" tall I find though that my most comfortable seat height is on the highest setting. I'm so glad LR took so long to get the car to the Market now.

Me too Tim, I was worried on several levels as Ive gone through a lot of cars recently. I've got to say that it's better than I'd dared hope. I've never had a car that has attracted so much attention. On my drive back home down the M6 from the dealers I lost count of cars breaking heavily to look at the car (many of them FFRR and RRS) but just as good as the looks are, it's how it does it's job that impresses so. If we can only get all of the dealers right (I know there are some really good ones) then LandRover will have a world beater?

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
22-09-2011 12:41am
Spiderman

(22-09-2011 12:38am)mark_n Wrote:  I'm afraid that for this old man (well, 56), the red interior is too much.

That's why LR offer other interiors, it would be a boring life if we were all the same. Being the right side of 50 Very Happy I really like it as it reminds me of my Bentley Continental GT Speed which had black leather with red contrast stitching and this combo on the Evoque is much, much better to see in real life, the pics make the perforated red leather too glossy and it's not, it's definitely a pale matt red. it won't go well with the Firenze Red as it'll clash horrendously, but, it suits the white or black car perfectly, also the Dynamics leather is far more taught than the Prestiges so it should keep it's appearance longer and not suffer from sagging.

The red and back combo is very sporty and suits the black Evoque perfectly IMHO, but each to their own Mark...conversely I dont like black only interiors as although they can look crisp they are a tediously boring place to spend time in, I have had enough black and white contrast stitched interiors to last at least 2 lifetimes.

22-09-2011 03:00am
mark_n

By the way, you don't say whether you have an SD4 or Si4... Same choice for your second car? Your wife's is obviously diesel being a Prestige but I'm interested to know whch you went for. If you've been running a Bentley, economy can hardly be a concern. For me, the SD4 simply isn't fast enough. The Si4 may not be either but it's all there is.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 22-09-2011 08:21am by mark_n.)
22-09-2011 08:20am