Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
Dynamic 5 door, Sumatra Black, Pimento & Black interior.
Spiderman

Dynamic 5 door, Sumatra Black, Pimento & Black interior.

Collected my new toy from Stratstone Perth yesterday, flawless service and car very well prepared. It came in at 10am and by the time I left 3pm they had given it a PDI, full Valet including Puregard and fitted Mudflap's and this is despite them having 8 other Land Rover product handovers to do that day!

First impressions are great & not only does it look beautiful, it drives fantastically well and a lot better than my RRS TDv8 or FFRR 4.2 Supercharged. The only criticism I'd make is that the black Dynamic features are a tad lost on a Black Evoque, but, it does make it stealthy, my next one due in December will rectify this as it will be either White, or Orkney Grey with a contrasting Black Panoramic Roof as the Black features will stand out well on either.

Overall, I'm a very happy man!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 20-09-2011 09:57pm by Spiderman.)
17-09-2011 11:04am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
boxersergio

RE: Dynamic 5 door, Sumatra Black, Pimento & Black interior.

(17-09-2011 11:04am)Spiderman Wrote:  Collected my new toy from Stratstone Perth yesterday, flawless service and car very well prepared. It came in at 10am and by the time I left 3pm they had given it a PDI, full Valet including Puregard and fitted Mudflap's and this is despite them having 8 other Land Rover product handovers to do that day!

First impressions are great & not only does it look beautiful, it drives fantastically well and a lot better than my RRS TDv8 or FFRR 4.2 Supercharged. The only criticism I'd make is that the black Dynamic features are a tad lost on a Black Evoque, but, it does make it stealthy if thats your thing, my next one due in December will rectify this as it will be either White, Firenze Red or Orkney Grey and the Black features will stand out well on either.

Overall, I'm a very happy man!

enjoy!!!!
17-09-2011 11:31am
evoqueboy

Congrats!
17-09-2011 12:44pm
defender_uk

yeah have fun....one of the lucky few!!

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
17-09-2011 12:45pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ApeelinZ

PICS PLEASE...Very Happy
17-09-2011 10:59pm
Spiderman

(17-09-2011 10:59pm)ApeelinZ Wrote:  PICS PLEASE...Very Happy

Will post some pics in a few days once I've dragged myself away from it....Laughing

18-09-2011 03:42am
Spiderman

I have now owned my Dynamic Evoque for almost 1 week and it feels like Ive had it for ages, it so very accomplished and a pleasure to drive I felt it was time for another update to enlighten those of you still waiting yours!!!

My wife had orignial ordered her Evoque, Prestige model on 19" wheels, without the AD pack because she initially felt it provided the 'usual' RR impervious ride. She also wanted a car that restrained her from driving as if she were in a sports car, as she wanted a to adopt a more relaxed driving style in hers and as she did not care for the black accents on the Dynamic model we felt the Prestige matched her requirements and this style of driving perfectly, whilst also providing her with a sharper handling when compared to other LR & RR products, including her Freelander2 and my RRS & FFRR Supercharged.

Myself on the other hand wanted all of the above, but, a sporty feel to my Evoque was also an absolute must have, so without having had a test drive, knee op & my business demands put paid to this, I opted for the Dynamic model on it's standard sized 20" wheels, this model automatically comes with AD fitted here in the UK.

My initial dilemma like most was "have I ordered correctly" as having driven other cars with Magneride, with varying levels of success and failure, I was genuinely concerned that perhaps I had made an expensive mistake....I needn't have worried though as having now driven both suspension versions back to back again, on 20" wheels, & having also collected my new Evoque last Thursday, I can say without fear of contradiction that the Magneride developed and used on the Evoque is very, very good, in fact Id say its excellent.

In summary I advise this...any Evoque with Magneride will ride firmer than an Evoque without it for sure, as the nature of the Magneride suspension set-up is to adapt its suspension travel in milliseconds, as such it adapts to each road surface as you travel over it and this keeps the car flat and definitely minimises any body roll, as such it handles better than a RRE without this fitted and I have found it instantly more compliant over a range of surfaces, whether on 19" or 20" wheels, so if you want the best handling Evoque, whilst also enjoying the usual RR refinements then I & many of the motoring magazines advise that Magneride is the suspension to opt for...and as I was trying to subtly persuade my wife to change her order to include it now that I have driven it for a few hundred miles, I feel that on a day to day basis, whether she puts the AD in to its sportier Dynamic mode or not, it would make her car a far better model to own & enjoy....so, over the weekend I asked her to take my Evoque & drive it on a 20+ mile round trip over B class twisty country roads & dual carriageway to the local town to collect something for me and when she came back she was converted, so her Prestige order is away to have the AD Pack added to it on Monday & I need say no more, given you will recall that her requirement was not for a sporty Evoque!

Whereas I want a sportier drive & over the last 5 days I have used my AD's Dynamic mode fully to differentiate between the 2 modes over the same roads and report this....

Both modes are excellent, I have raved about the standard Magneride AD mode above, however, when you put this in it's Dynamic mode it results in this cars handling becoming more focussed, its sharper still and weighs the steering up nicely, making it even more direct, it changes it's personality from a very good car into a proper drivers car, its truly amazing!

It's testament to Mike Cross & his Team at LR that they have ensured the 2 settings of Magneride give the car this split personality, as by doing so they have enabled it to suit perfectly the different needs of 2 very different drivers requirements, as it also provides the keener & more experienced driver to enjoy 2 cars for the price of 1 and I would not hesitate to recommend it's inclusion on anyones Evoque....it really is that good!

I parked it up in the local towns main street today & when I came back a crowd of about 15 people had gathered, every last one of them thought the Evoque was stunning and wanted to know more about the car....it really is the car of the moment and a bloody good one at that!!!

The attached photos show teh car overall, however, I feel the flash spoilt the pictures of the Pimento Red Seats as this colour is absolutely beautiful and very sporty when viewed in the flesh!!!

you like the attached photos.
More Photos - for some reason its only allowing me to upload 5 at a time despite them being very small 100kb files.
More photos....
more..
more...and thats your lot for now!!!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2011 12:49pm by Spiderman.)
20-09-2011 09:16pm
bogstomper

Congratulations - lovely looking car, bet you're looking forward to the next one...
20-09-2011 10:00pm
Spiderman

(20-09-2011 10:00pm)bogstomper Wrote:  Congratulations - lovely looking car, bet you're looking forward to the next one...

Sure am, if only I could decide on it's exterior colour Id be settled as not being able to choose it is tormenting me terribly!!!

My wife has also bought an Evoque, it's also due in Dec, its a Prestige in Orkney Grey with a Black Panoramic Roof and Adaptive Dynamic Suspension, it has the Element Interior, which is shades of grey, & a raft of optional extras, so she is very exited too as they are terrific wee cars, surprisingly spacious, so much so that when I sat in my FFRR yesterday I realised that my Evoque has more legroom in the front....it is also more spacious than a RRS and FL2....amazing packaging to achieve this!
(20-09-2011 10:00pm)bogstomper Wrote:  Congratulations - lovely looking car, bet you're looking forward to the next one...

Sure am, if only I could decide on it's exterior colour Id be settled as not being able to choose it is tormenting me terribly!!!

My wife has also bought an Evoque, it's also due in Dec, its a Prestige in Orkney Grey with a Black Panoramic Roof and Adaptive Dynamic Suspension, it has the Element Interior, which is shades of grey, & a raft of optional extras, so she is very exited too as they are terrific wee cars, surprisingly spacious, so much so that when I sat in my FFRR yesterday I realised that my Evoque has more legroom in the front....it is also more spacious than a RRS and FL2....amazing packaging to achieve this!

(This post was last modified: 21-09-2011 02:05am by Spiderman.)
21-09-2011 02:00am
ApeelinZ

Spiderman,
Beautiful Evoque. Thanks for the pics and the write up regarding the magnaride suspension. I personally was bouncing between speccing it and not, but now I will definitely be speccing it. I finally think I am just about ready to place my order. Now, the only thing left is whether I go Sumatra Black or Orkney Grey. Decisions decisions...
21-09-2011 03:47am