RE: Defender Concept.....

Think it actually looks cool!

JJ
15-09-2011 11:56am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Defender Concept.....

You know something? LR is really getting it's act together with it's adverts and using You-Tube to get the word out about new products. Must be costing a fortune, they are not exactly poverty spec ads

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 15-09-2011 12:24pm by XFullFatTim.)
15-09-2011 12:17pm
java jungle

(15-09-2011 12:17pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  You know something? LR is really getting it's act together with it's adverts and using You-Tube to get the word out about new products. Must be citing a fortune, but they are exactly poverty spec ads!

Just what I was thinking Tim..

JJ
15-09-2011 12:20pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Blasted iPhone! Also posted via tapatalk, it seems to download pages faster than Safari on the dreaded iPhone, have to see if it also works on ipad

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-09-2011 12:27pm
cutter7

(15-09-2011 11:56am)java jungle Wrote:  Think it actually looks cool!

JJ

Look even better with a swivel machine gun bolted on top! Laughing

(This post was last modified: 15-09-2011 12:32pm by cutter7.)
15-09-2011 12:32pm
gead

I agree...looks much better on the move than those first static shots I saw...

White 5 dr SD4 Dynamic.
15-09-2011 01:20pm
Ezandania

Hope the Evoque and Defender Concept be used in the next Bond movie Smile Just checking...the Evoque hasn't had a movie debut yet, has it?

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
15-09-2011 05:55pm
JSG

We've had lots of debate over on Defender2 about this - the thing to remember is that it is only a concept and I can't see the big 22" rims making it past the initial stages.

Landrover have to tackle the US market and tighter emmission regs everywhere will mean more electronics - some things have to change whether we like it or not.

For me the key thing LR have to do is keep the 'Defender DNA' or change the name of the new model - I hope they don't as I'd like to see a usable new Defender on the market. They need to come up with something with a similar style to a D3 / D4 (ie still boxy for usable space) but without expensive headlights, bumpers etc.

If they can produce it without too many 'luxury items' and offer the rugged feel and base level / utility options at a decent price it will sell well.

Us Defender owners want something that is not a rebadged Disco / RR etc but do recognise change is needed.

I've had many Defenders (now on my second Puma) and hope that the replacement doesn't deviate too far from the 'rugged' concept of a Defender.

They also need to produce a 110 version so I can keep my number plate Laughing

John
21-09-2011 09:59am
ant

(21-09-2011 09:59am)JSG Wrote:  We've had lots of debate over on Defender2 about this - the thing to remember is that it is only a concept and I can't see the big 22" rims making it past the initial stages.

Landrover have to tackle the US market and tighter emmission regs everywhere will mean more electronics - some things have to change whether we like it or not.

For me the key thing LR have to do is keep the 'Defender DNA' or change the name of the new model - I hope they don't as I'd like to see a usable new Defender on the market. They need to come up with something with a similar style to a D3 / D4 (ie still boxy for usable space) but without expensive headlights, bumpers etc.

If they can produce it without too many 'luxury items' and offer the rugged feel and base level / utility options at a decent price it will sell well.

Us Defender owners want something that is not a rebadged Disco / RR etc but do recognise change is needed.

I've had many Defenders (now on my second Puma) and hope that the replacement doesn't deviate too far from the 'rugged' concept of a Defender.

John

+1

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
21-09-2011 10:16am
defender_uk

(21-09-2011 10:16am)ant Wrote:  
(21-09-2011 09:59am)JSG Wrote:  We've had lots of debate over on Defender2 about this - the thing to remember is that it is only a concept and I can't see the big 22" rims making it past the initial stages.

John

+1

+2

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
21-09-2011 05:15pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply