Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Daylight Running Tail-lights
Evo-king

RE: Daylight Running Tail-lights

Aren't we waiting for a LR Customer Services reply to this issue?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
18-11-2012 07:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

Yes - have heard nothing yet !!!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
18-11-2012 08:38pm
CRC@LandRover

Hi Everyone,

I’m sorry for the delay in providing you with further information.

After liaising with a number of internal departments, our homologation team have confirmed that under current UK legislation, there is no legal requirement for rear daytime running lights and is therefore not an option on our vehicles.

If the law changes in the future then our vehicles will be amended according, however it may not be possible to retrospectively change current cars.

I’m sorry that this is not the response you anticipated, if I can be of any further assistance please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Nick

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
12-12-2012 10:49am
cjfp

Pete @ BAS - looks like we're back with you for a hard fix to this issue. If you find a way we'd be grateful if you could post

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
12-12-2012 11:06am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Just because it isn't a legal requirement doesn't mean LR shouldn't lead where others can follow, and enable daylight running tail lights, or at least make it a dealer enabled option - it is after all a safety request.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-12-2012 06:05pm
xxxx5

Ha Tim and the dealer can then charge us all £££ in labour

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
12-12-2012 09:46pm
autodidact

You're right Tim. But we also have to blame the lame — the paper-morons in Brussels.

But at least we can appreciate a honest answer and an effort to investigate. Thanks Nick.
22-01-2013 09:48pm
dynamicgirl

It's a real pity that we can't have this on our Evoque's. I looked into having this lighting mod done on my Audi (Cutter actually quoted my info regarding the coding change from Audi-Sport.Net earlier in this thread) and I was able to do a small coding tweak in the Central Electrics Body Control Module via a Rosstech VCDS OBD cable and activate it so that my tail lights came on with my DRL's (without dimming). Although LR aren't able to help us with it, I was hoping that when Bearmach Hawkeye or Lynx actually release the software for the Evoque that we might be able to sort it out. I contacted Lynx yesterday and the Evoque software is due at the next update, whenever that may be, lol. Smile
14-05-2013 12:12pm