babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Daylight Running Tail-lights - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Daylight Running Tail-lights (/Thread-Daylight-Running-Tail-lights)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Daylight Running Tail-lights - XFullFatTim - 30-09-2012 09:52am

This is of interest to those who feel that having no running tail lights is a bit dangerous. I have found a thread over on RRSport.co.uk about conversion to DRLs and there is an interesting post about having "always on" taillights in the thread.

It appears that in the vehicle set-up menus that dealers have access to via their "Testbook"/ "IID"/ "Autologic" system there are several options for different markets (as far as I can see from the post there are options to have Scandinavian [DRL's and Tail-lights on]and Canadian [no tail-lights] to have different combinations of Daylight Running and Tail-lights - the poster purchased a new RRS in Italy to take to Sweden where he lives - on arrival in Sweden he had to have a setting changed by the dealer to enable the tail lights to be on with the DRLs. It is possible and any dealer with a service bay (are there any without?) can do it if they look in all their menus!

I haven't seen Pete Bell on for a while - he would be able to answer this question for the Evoque

RE: Daylight Running Tail-lights - cjfp - 30-09-2012 10:19am

Tim - you could be a life saver by finding this - roll on to someone getting this done - I'm certainly going to try.

RE: Daylight Running Tail-lights - XFullFatTim - 30-09-2012 10:34am

I've asked Pete Bell if he can have a look in his systems as he has access to all these Testbook/Autologic type things.
I have to go into town on Monday so I will also ask the local dealer to have a look in their system.

RE: Daylight Running Tail-lights - WB - 30-09-2012 10:36am

Tim, that's great! Lets hope we can talk the dealers into doing it!

RE: Daylight Running Tail-lights - cjfp - 30-09-2012 10:54am

I have pm'd Nick @ LR to investigate.

Daylight Running Tail-lights - EpicEvo - 30-09-2012 11:19am

Something I will have to ask about when I go in to finalise my build perhaps

RE: Daylight Running Tail-lights - defender_uk - 30-09-2012 03:31pm

good work Tim....will be getting the set up changed on mine.

RE: Daylight Running Tail-lights - tripletreiber - 30-09-2012 04:45pm

you should use the "standlicht" ... parking lights...i think... front DLR and rear on, but you have to switch it of befor you leave the car and go to bed... it stays on till the battery is down

RE: Daylight Running Tail-lights - XFullFatTim - 30-09-2012 09:29pm

Unfortunately using that setting also gives you dim dip headlights as soon as you move off................

RE: Daylight Running Tail-lights - PhilSkill - 30-09-2012 09:36pm

Nice one Tim, Be very interested if this can be done too...