Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Daylight Running Tail-lights
cutter7

RE: Daylight Running Tail-lights

I have just read this on an Audi Web site, maybe the Evoque coding is similar to this as well?..

"To get Scandinavian setting on your DRL's you need to access it using VCDS, >> 09 Central Electrics >> Change Byte 18 from 2B to 2C (this is the coding for Sportback models, for 3dr A3's you change Byte 18 from 25 to 26) >> Do It!, Job done. Always make a note of your original coding, so you can change it back again.
This will have no bearing on warranty, you're simply adjusting the coding."

01-10-2012 09:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

If you have one of the aftermarket gizmo's that allows you access to the settings like Autologic then you can do it yourself at home as well

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-10-2012 10:42pm
Wistra

I guess I have the scandinavian setting when I bought my car in Sweden. Smile My taillights turn on when it gets dark. I have it set to auto.
01-10-2012 10:49pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

That is the same for the rest of us, thought that Scandinavia required always on tail lights too, that's what we are getting worked up about!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-10-2012 10:54pm
WB
WB

(01-10-2012 10:49pm)Wistra Wrote:  I guess I have the scandinavian setting when I bought my car in Sweden. Smile My taillights turn on when it gets dark. I have it set to auto.

Thanks, so are your DRLs just front?
02-10-2012 12:09pm
Wistra

(02-10-2012 12:09pm)WB Wrote:  Thanks, so are your DRLs just front?

Yes, read somewhere that it should be so for all new cars in Europe. Apparently a common law within the EU.
Don't know if it's true?
02-10-2012 08:55pm
WB
WB

(02-10-2012 08:55pm)Wistra Wrote:  Yes, read somewhere that it should be so for all new cars in Europe. Apparently a common law within the EU.
Don't know if it's true?

Just doesn't seem safe to have a situation where a driver may think their rear lights are on because the front DRLs and the dashboard are lit up.

I thought our old family volvo years ago lit up both front (sidelights) and rear as soon as the ignition was switched on.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2012 10:01am by WB.)
03-10-2012 10:00am
Wistra

My dashboard doesnt show me anything when the DRLs is on. When it goes dark the dashboard shows the green "thing" and the xenon lights and the tail lights come on.
Is it the same for you?
I saw a new bmw x3, and a new Passat this morning and it was the same on those cars, only DRLs (LED) in the front but no tail lights.
Hope you understand my bad English. Smile
03-10-2012 10:57am
WB
WB

(03-10-2012 10:57am)Wistra Wrote:  My dashboard doesnt show me anything when the DRLs is on. When it goes dark the dashboard shows the green "thing" and the xenon lights and the tail lights come on.
Is it the same for you?
I saw a new bmw x3, and a new Passat this morning and it was the same on those cars, only DRLs (LED) in the front but no tail lights.
Hope you understand my bad English. Smile

Yes same for me with the auto lights. The issue with the dashboard is that because it is always lit up when you're driving in a brightly lit city its not always obvious that you may not have any rear lights on if just your front DRLs are lit - if you accidentally switch off the Auto lights for example.
03-10-2012 10:59am
Sarcastrix

(03-10-2012 10:57am)Wistra Wrote:  My dashboard doesnt show me anything when the DRLs is on. When it goes dark the dashboard shows the green "thing" and the xenon lights and the tail lights come on.

I concur, when the headlamps are off (using either the Auto or Off position) the dashboard and internal lights in the doors, steering wheel etc are also off. Front DRL are on when the headlamps are off, as they should be under the EU directive.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
03-10-2012 11:03am