Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Front sensor not working right?
Dimitrios

Front sensor not working right?

It appears the front sensor only becomes active (beeping) after selecting Reverse from Drive! When I select Drive again it works and the beeping continues. This is when an obstacle is near to the front of the car and nothing to the rear. The rear sensor works fine and has a different beeping tone. Anyone else gets or heard of this? Thanks.

Dynamic SD4, Santorini, Chrome Shadow, Lux Pack, Priv Glass, Red /Black leather & headlining
Collection: 24 Mar 2012 / Ordered: Oct 2011
28-03-2012 08:10am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kimv

RE: Front sensor not working right?

Apparently this is normal. The front sensors work only after having been in reverse or when activated manually if you haven't been in reverse.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
28-03-2012 08:13am
HeyBert

(28-03-2012 08:10am)Dimitrios Wrote:  It appears the front sensor only becomes active (beeping) after selecting Reverse from Drive! When I select Drive again it works and the beeping continues. This is when an obstacle is near to the front of the car and nothing to the rear. The rear sensor works fine and has a different beeping tone. Anyone else gets or heard of this? Thanks.

This is correct.

So both front and rear sensors become active when selecting reverse gear, or for front only, you'll need to manually press the Parking Sensor button on the dash to engage the front sensors (if they were automatic they would be constantly beeping when you're in traffic).

Range Rover Evoque Pure 5DR TD4 Manual - Firenze Red, Ebony, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof, Front Fogs, Privacy Glass
28-03-2012 08:38am
Dimitrios

This is why I love this forum Very Happy Thanks guys!

Dynamic SD4, Santorini, Chrome Shadow, Lux Pack, Priv Glass, Red /Black leather & headlining
Collection: 24 Mar 2012 / Ordered: Oct 2011
28-03-2012 09:13am
Donny Dog

(28-03-2012 08:38am)HeyBert Wrote:  (if they were automatic they would be constantly beeping when you're in traffic).

Having said which, in my other car the sensors are on all the time (they activate at low speed only) and work fine when parking but never beep in traffic. At the moment, I haven't got used to the Evoque system so keep forgetting to switch it on.
28-03-2012 09:16am
Sarcastrix

I remember this being debated on the forum before, it's a LR thing, and an annoying one at that.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Front-parking-sensors

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
(This post was last modified: 28-03-2012 09:31am by Sarcastrix.)
28-03-2012 09:25am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

One reason that you have to activate the front sensors manually is because the car is designed to be used off road as well as on, and if you had the front sensors on all the time when off road the peeping would become very annoying. IIRC they will detect anything out to 1m from the car.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
28-03-2012 09:38am