Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Front parking sensors
Onebigjobby

Front parking sensors

The rear parking sensors are set to automatic when you select reverse, but the front ones are not, they are set to manual.
My question is how do you switch them on as i have not seen any button or menu option for this, i want to drive up to my garage and get the beeps as i park.
many thanks
Onebigjobby
18-01-2012 11:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dandavis1

RE: Front parking sensors

Range Rover have been crafty with the front sensors - they're activated with a very secret button that isn't mention several times in the owners manual.

If you look very, very closely and the sun is in the correct position in the sky, you'll see a button next to the touchscreen with a 'P'. This switches on the front sensors (assuming you haven't already used it to deactivate it to automatically activate it when moving below 10mph).

Don't let on though - this is top secret.
19-01-2012 12:29am
IKM

My front sensors have come on automatically since day one. Are you sure you need to set them manually?

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
19-01-2012 12:29am
Onebigjobby

The front parking sensors do come on if you have already engaged reverse, then drive forward, but if you have not engaged reverse and drive up to a wall etc they will not come on, apparently LR say they dont want them on all the time as when you drive up to another car it would be annoying.
But i cannot find how you switch them on manually
Onebigjobby
19-01-2012 12:41am
Malferg

(19-01-2012 12:41am)Onebigjobby Wrote:  The front parking sensors do come on if you have already engaged reverse, then drive forward, but if you have not engaged reverse and drive up to a wall etc they will not come on, apparently LR say they dont want them on all the time as when you drive up to another car it would be annoying.
But i cannot find how you switch them on manually
Onebigjobby

There is a switch to the left of nav screen for this purpose
19-01-2012 01:30am
Token

(19-01-2012 12:29am)dandavis1 Wrote:  Range Rover have been crafty with the front sensors - they're activated with a very secret button that isn't mention several times in the owners manual.

If you look very, very closely and the sun is in the correct position in the sky, you'll see a button next to the touchscreen with a 'P'. This switches on the front sensors (assuming you haven't already used it to deactivate it to automatically activate it when moving below 10mph).

Laughing

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
19-01-2012 09:51am
caroline11000

(19-01-2012 12:29am)dandavis1 Wrote:  Range Rover have been crafty with the front sensors - they're activated with a very secret button that isn't mention several times in the owners manual.

You seem to enjoy taking the pi$$ Rolling Eyes If you haven't got a usefull thing to say then don't bother, you are an idiot dandavis1!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 19-01-2012 12:10pm by caroline11000.)
19-01-2012 10:49am
bwaadass

I was wondering about this too. My other car has automatic front sensors, so it's taken me a while to remember to manually turn it on each time... Frankly I find it a bit annoying.

I'm not sure why LR chose to not have automatic front sensors. My other car (MB C-Class) never gives unwanted beeps (in traffic for example), it uses a light system up until you get seriously close (within a foot) at which point the beeps start.

Luckily the front visibility is pretty good, so not a big deal (as long as brain is engaged).
19-01-2012 11:12am
Billionaireboysclub

(19-01-2012 11:12am)bwaadass Wrote:  I was wondering about this too. My other car has automatic front sensors, so it's taken me a while to remember to manually turn it on each time... Frankly I find it a bit annoying.

I'm not sure why LR chose to not have automatic front sensors. My other car (MB C-Class) never gives unwanted beeps (in traffic for example), it uses a light system up until you get seriously close (within a foot) at which point the beeps start.

Luckily the front visibility is pretty good, so not a big deal (as long as brain is engaged).

My Lexus has the same..they are always on....yes they do beep when someone crosses the road and they are close to the car...but still I prefer to have them on...

You can turn them off....but I prefer to have them on......it makes it feel like everything is working Smile

Ranger Rover Evoque Dynamic 5 Door SD4 - Santorini Black/Vortex + Lux Pack
Ordered & Deposit at dealer : 26th Sep 11
Build Date : 17 Feb
Delivery: 6 Mar woohooo!
19-01-2012 06:00pm
oraclejon

So let me get this striaght - its set to manual when you first use the car and you have to select the magically hidden 'P' EVERY time you want to have the front sensors on?!

Or...you turn it on and its always on thereafter?!

Like the OP i drive up to my garage door so want them on all the time....when parking. Wait a minute...the penny's dropped...if they are on all the time how does the car know when i will be parking? i could just be driving in slow traffic at 5mph and the sensors will beep if i get too close to the car in front?!!!

Can someone clarify this please before my head explodes...

eD4 Pure, OG, 5 Dr, 19" Style 5, Pano Roof, Ebony Headling, Front Parking, Elec Tailgate, Elec Mirrors, Front Fogs.
19-01-2012 06:13pm