babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Front sensor not working right? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Front sensor not working right? (/Thread-Front-sensor-not-working-right)

Front sensor not working right? - Dimitrios - 28-03-2012 08:10am

It appears the front sensor only becomes active (beeping) after selecting Reverse from Drive! When I select Drive again it works and the beeping continues. This is when an obstacle is near to the front of the car and nothing to the rear. The rear sensor works fine and has a different beeping tone. Anyone else gets or heard of this? Thanks.

RE: Front sensor not working right? - Kimv - 28-03-2012 08:13am

Apparently this is normal. The front sensors work only after having been in reverse or when activated manually if you haven't been in reverse.

RE: Front sensor not working right? - HeyBert - 28-03-2012 08:38am

(28-03-2012 08:10am)Dimitrios Wrote:  It appears the front sensor only becomes active (beeping) after selecting Reverse from Drive! When I select Drive again it works and the beeping continues. This is when an obstacle is near to the front of the car and nothing to the rear. The rear sensor works fine and has a different beeping tone. Anyone else gets or heard of this? Thanks.

This is correct.

So both front and rear sensors become active when selecting reverse gear, or for front only, you'll need to manually press the Parking Sensor button on the dash to engage the front sensors (if they were automatic they would be constantly beeping when you're in traffic).

RE: Front sensor not working right? - Dimitrios - 28-03-2012 09:13am

This is why I love this forum Very Happy Thanks guys!

RE: Front sensor not working right? - Donny Dog - 28-03-2012 09:16am

(28-03-2012 08:38am)HeyBert Wrote:  (if they were automatic they would be constantly beeping when you're in traffic).

Having said which, in my other car the sensors are on all the time (they activate at low speed only) and work fine when parking but never beep in traffic. At the moment, I haven't got used to the Evoque system so keep forgetting to switch it on.

RE: Front sensor not working right? - Sarcastrix - 28-03-2012 09:25am

I remember this being debated on the forum before, it's a LR thing, and an annoying one at that.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Front-parking-sensors

RE: Front sensor not working right? - XFullFatTim - 28-03-2012 09:38am

One reason that you have to activate the front sensors manually is because the car is designed to be used off road as well as on, and if you had the front sensors on all the time when off road the peeping would become very annoying. IIRC they will detect anything out to 1m from the car.