Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alarm behaviour
RacingSnake

Alarm behaviour

Can anyone tell me if, when the alarm goes off, does it flash any lights? or is it just the siren?

I don't have "TFM" near me, so thought I'd ask here Tongue Out

Also, if, after the alarm has been activated, is there anything to tell me this?

Reason for asking is that at 4.30am this morning what I thought was my alarm going off, so I jumped out of bed, peered out of the window, and although I could see the car and still here the (a?) siren going off, I couldn't be 100% if it was mine... so I left it Very Happy

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
27-12-2012 10:41am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MyFirstRR

RE: Alarm behaviour

I've had my RRE two weeks and the alarm has gone off 3 times, each in the middle of the night while locked in the garage. Interested to know if anyone else has sensitive alarm issues. The garage asked had there been a fly in the car - If there had been it must not have moved for at least 12 hours!
I think the lights do flash when the alarm goes off, not sure if there's anything that subsequently tells you that it's been activated.
27-12-2012 10:50am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jitenc

(27-12-2012 10:41am)RacingSnake Wrote:  Can anyone tell me if, when the alarm goes off, does it flash any lights? or is it just the siren?

Also, if, after the alarm has been activated, is there anything to tell me this?

Reason for asking is that at 4.30am this morning what I thought was my alarm going off, so I jumped out of bed, peered out of the window, and although I could see the car and still here the (a?) siren going off, I couldn't be 100% if it was mine... so I left it Very Happy

Let's test it.... Have someone in the car dead still... U double lock the car thereby, activating the alarm...run off farther away from the car........with the key fob ofcourse..... And signal the person in the car to do the gangnam Style dance! Let me know if the Evoque has flashing lights with the siren. Twisted Evil

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
27-12-2012 11:40am
scalle

(27-12-2012 11:40am)jitenc Wrote:  Let's test it.... Have someone in the car dead still... U double lock the car thereby, activating the alarm...run off farther away from the car........with the key fob ofcourse..... And signal the person in the car to do the gangnam Style dance! Let me know if the Evoque has flashing lights with the siren. Twisted Evil

does this also work with another dance?

RRE TD4 Prestige 4WD AUT, santorini black, element interior, tech pack, cold climate pack, pano roof, privacy glass, brushed alu, auto high beam assist, airco vents rear, auto dim mirror, camera, home link, 20" style 7, 18" spare, debugged, roof rails,replaced side vents, grille in glossy black and center cap wheels with RR, black lettering
Also stunning Fiat 500 Cabrio GUCCI edition, black/gold metallic, and red Fiat Panda 1992 selecta (var. transmission).
27-12-2012 11:51am
The Valeter

(27-12-2012 10:41am)RacingSnake Wrote:  Can anyone tell me if, when the alarm goes off, does it flash any lights? or is it just the siren?

I had exactly this last week about 3AM, my wife woke me to say is that the Evoque alarm, I got out of bed & said no there are no lughts flashing & went back to sleep. Later that following afternoon I opened the door to hear the same alarm, walked out to find it was the Evoque ramdomly sounding the alarm _ Why I have no idea?

My Rover 25 & MG ZR have flashing hazard lights & the alarm LED flashes fast on the dash until you reset it so you know it has been activated so I was expecting at least this with the Evoque!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 27-12-2012 12:26pm by The Valeter.)
27-12-2012 12:23pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jitenc

(27-12-2012 11:51am)scalle Wrote:  does this also work with another dance?

Well, you can always try....

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
27-12-2012 12:37pm
Barton Evoque

My alarm went off this morning outside pc world i locked my little girl inside for 2 minutes, when i came out the indicators lights were all flashing plus the siren was very loud.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
27-12-2012 01:43pm
doug

I can't answer the flashing light question. But I know that if your press the fob button once to lock the car, the motion sensors are not turned on.
So any kids,dogs or flys can dance about as much as they like.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
27-12-2012 02:56pm
RacingSnake

Ok, parked up today, probably only for about half an hour and the alarm went off.
No lights, no indicators, just the siren.
When I unlocked (with the fob) no indications at all.

I think I'll have to let the dealer know, as this has happened a number of times now Sad

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2013 01:19am by RacingSnake.)
02-01-2013 01:18am
muff

Alarm behaviour

My alarm was triggered on Saturday by a hail storm. Siren made audible noise and all indicators were flashing. Pressed the unlock button from inside the house. This stopped both audible alarm and lights. Pressed lock again and it reset. Waited until no hail and double locked and its not gone off since
02-01-2013 01:45am