Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alarm behaviour
goldenboi79

RE: Alarm behaviour

In the in dash menu there is a Service menu that you can get to using the steering wheel controls. There is a security item in there that tells you the last time the alarm was triggered and what type it is. A little easier than trying to do Gangnam Style, I think.

2013 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Prestige: 5 Door, Santorini Black, Tan Interior, Cold Weather Package, Park Assist, 20" Style 6 Wheels.

Build date: 21 August 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
02-01-2013 05:11am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

(02-01-2013 05:11am)goldenboi79 Wrote:  In the in dash menu there is a Service menu that you can get to using the steering wheel controls. There is a security item in there that tells you the last time the alarm was triggered and what type it is. A little easier than trying to do Gangnam Style, I think.
Excellent tip!! ...
It didn't tell me the time, but it said the last trigger was a "Panic Alarm".

Not sure how that helps!, but might explain the difference between the lights flashing or not.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
02-01-2013 02:47pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Panic Alarm, is likely the Button on the Keyfob.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
02-01-2013 03:04pm
RacingSnake

indeed.... however, it doesn't explain why it went off at 4.30am Sad (I don't sleep with the keyfob in my pocket Laughing )

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
02-01-2013 03:56pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

Just to bump this again, and I'm only typing this here since the dealer is not answering.
But only 5 minutes ago the alarm went off.
I was inside and had the camera looking at the car on my TV - I hear the alarm, looked outside, nothing there.

Ran outside, no lights, just the siren.
So I switched that off, checked the 'last trigger' and it again said "Panic Alarm".... the key was sitting on the dining room table. WTF Surprised

22-01-2013 09:37am
Worzle

I have had my new RRE for 8 days today and twice the alarm has gone off in the early hours of the morning without any lights flashing, initially I thought it couldn't be me but it is!! When looking at the settings it says 'Panic Alarm' but the key has been very safely put away - strange Mad I will be phoning RR first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks guys for posting about this - reading the thread has allowed me to understand where to look. Great stuff!
02-02-2013 09:21pm
MyFirstRR

My alarm randomly went off during the first couple of weeks - always in the middle of the night, don't want to tempt fate but it's not done it again, I assume just settling in issue. Hope yours stops too Smile
02-02-2013 10:15pm
ChuckieB

(02-02-2013 09:21pm)Worzle Wrote:  I have had my new RRE for 8 days today and twice the alarm has gone off in the early hours of the morning without any lights flashing, initially I thought it couldn't be me but it is!! When looking at the settings it says 'Panic Alarm' but the key has been very safely put away - strange Mad I will be phoning RR first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks guys for posting about this - reading the thread has allowed me to understand where to look. Great stuff!

Well I was in my dealer's at service reception the other day and the alarm went off on a showroom car just as you said without the lights flashing, and as such it took them a moment to work outbwhich one it was. They all stood looking at each other scratching their heads. So clearly not an isolated incident.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
02-02-2013 10:46pm
RacingSnake

Mines going in on Thursday to have this looked at, will report back with whatever they find (nothing I assume).

03-02-2013 03:22pm
RacingSnake

4.30am (exactly) again this morning Sad

04-02-2013 11:44am