Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alarm behaviour
leaf911

RE: Alarm behaviour

My husband seems to think that it could be the extreme temperature changes, which could possibly affect the contacts of the door/tailgate switches. We live in sunny Brisbane, and my husband remembers that it tends to happen more during winter than the warmer months. He has a Nissan 200sx. However the alarm doesn't go off every night. Could it be that your switches are ultra sensitive? Still you don't want a car that goes off that often.. Waking not just you but the rest if the neighbourhood as well. Smile
10-02-2013 11:03pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NightFox

I've also had my alarm go off 5 or 6 times (usually in the middle of the night), always just the alarm and no indicators. But on checking the alarm status it says "no activations" (or words to that effect). I was even thinking it must be one of the neighbour's cars until it went off when I was outside near it and I stopped it with the keyfob - still it denied any alarm activation though.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
11-02-2013 02:34pm
RacingSnake

I've spoken to the dealership today who wanted to have the car back in again.
But I did say, I'd rather they not take it back if they don't have a clue... so they are "logging an issue" with LR head office to see what they suggest.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
11-02-2013 03:35pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

Arghh - after a number of weeks of not waking up and running fast enough, I have tonight confirmed that I am unlucky enough to be a member of this club.

I will contact dealer today and also get Liam onto the case.

Are there are similarities between us all?
I never noticed it before the new year and that is when my car was serviced - can anyone else say that it started just after a service ?

Silly as it may sound, are we all Pano roof owners ?
Trickle charger attached (solar or otherwise) ?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 10:35am by cjfp.)
12-02-2013 07:11am
cjfp

Raised with dealer - they have another doing the same thing but cause currently unknown. They are going to contact LR again to see what progress they have made.

Not yet been able to get hold my contact at LR or Liam.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
12-02-2013 10:47am
cjfp

I PM'd Liam this morning and he kindly called me this afternoon. LR are aware of this alarm issue and are working on it with high priority. He hopes to have more information/resolution shortly and will get back to me / the forum soon.

12-02-2013 06:37pm
RacingSnake

(12-02-2013 06:37pm)cjfp Wrote:  I PM'd Liam this morning and he kindly called me this afternoon. LR are aware of this alarm issue and are working on it with high priority. He hopes to have more information/resolution shortly and will get back to me / the forum soon.
Interesting, as my dealer spoke to LR today, they are "unaware" of any issue and advised the dealer to take my car in and monitor it. Sad
I have just arranged to leave it with them for 3 weeks (in a months time) whilst I am on holiday.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 08:45pm by RacingSnake.)
12-02-2013 08:45pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
broady43

My alarm went off in the night again, after reading the posts I noticed the lights were not flashing just the alarm was sounding.I have had no problems before the software update a couple of weeks ago so I wonder if this is
linked to that.

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
13-02-2013 11:24pm
MarkLondon

Had my second (in a month) phantom alarm the other night, so sadly I seem to be on the list of sufferers (still no alarm shown in the Service Menu) Sad

I’m not going to do anything just yet, as I’d rather wait for JLR to have a solution first. Although, it depends on how regular the problem becomes and how understanding my neighbours are.

That said, I have no other problems with the car at all, so I’m still very happy Very Happy

Arrived Jan 2013 from Hadley Green Arrow Prestige SD4 Manual, Fuji White, Pan Roof, Cirrus/Lunar, Aluminium, Ivory Headliner, A/D, Privacy, Lux Pack, Xenons etc
(This post was last modified: 14-02-2013 08:38am by MarkLondon.)
14-02-2013 08:37am
cjfp

Two things I am trialling whilst we await a solution is:-

I) single locking (no issues in last few days)

Ii) dbl locking but with the "alarm sensors" turned off in the menu (still to be tried)

14-02-2013 09:49am