Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alarm behaviour
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Alarm behaviour

(19-04-2013 06:22pm)Kojak Wrote:  Next time you see him you may care to mention that the 2 main forums have regular visits from LR customer care reps.
And that they (Liam and the replacement for Kelly when on on board) would happily confirm to him that there is a software issue resulting in an alarm problem.

True enough, our on line meeting places will not always represent true proportion and scale of issues because human nature is that customers come out fighting when they have an issue but there is hardly ever smoke without fire either.

Your dealer sounds ignorant to me and if it's Harwoods Crawley by any chance they are aware of the issue as I know other customers who have complained.

Your dealer obviously doesn't read the technical mail that LR sends out to dealers - he needs naming and shaming to Liam at the very least, and a posting on both forums that they are ignoring LR's technical communications. If the service manager/ dealer doesn't believe you then print out this thread and highlight the posting from Liam with the bulletin number in it.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 19-04-2013 10:58pm by XFullFatTim.)
19-04-2013 10:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jitenc

I have just joined the growing number of LR OWNERS with the alarm going off in the middle of the night!
Is anyone suffering still? Was the cause known? Was a fix found to resolve the issue?
The car is parked outside my bedroom, so not sure if keeping the keys 2 m away is a good idea, otherwise, the alarm goes off and i am running around looking for them.
I don't think the neighbours realise its my car, as I somehow switch it off as soon as it goes off! Luckily, the lights do not flash!
I think I have all the software updates already. The car is out of warranty so not sure if this pending issue will still be covered as it was discovered during warranty time?

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
19-08-2015 06:48am
ogpurestyle

(19-08-2015 06:48am)jitenc Wrote:  I have just joined the growing number of LR OWNERS with the alarm going off in the middle of the night!
Is anyone suffering still? Was the cause known? Was a fix found to resolve the issue?
The car is parked outside my bedroom, so not sure if keeping the keys 2 m away is a good idea, otherwise, the alarm goes off and i am running around looking for them.
I don't think the neighbours realise its my car, as I somehow switch it off as soon as it goes off! Luckily, the lights do not flash!
I think I have all the software updates already. The car is out of warranty so not sure if this pending issue will still be covered as it was discovered during warranty time?

When my car exhibited this behaviour it was explained to me that this was caused by a previous software update that reduced the power requirements available gradually over time when the car was switched off. The alarm system has a secondary element that is triggered if the power supply is cut. The software update reduced the power available to the alarm gradually to a point where the alarm considered the power cut off. hence triggering the secondary alarm (where the lights don't flash and the alarm noise is slightly different).

This behaviour was fixed by another visit to a dealer to install a fix to the previous software update. Hope this helps.
19-08-2015 11:11am
jitenc

(19-08-2015 11:11am)ogpurestyle Wrote:  When my car exhibited this behaviour it was explained to me that this was caused by a previous software update that reduced the power requirements available gradually over time when the car was switched off. The alarm system has a secondary element that is triggered if the power supply is cut. The software update reduced the power available to the alarm gradually to a point where the alarm considered the power cut off. hence triggering the secondary alarm (where the lights don't flash and the alarm noise is slightly different).

This behaviour was fixed by another visit to a dealer to install a fix to the previous software update. Hope this helps.

Thanks. Great timing when the car is out of warranty. I wonder if it actually will go off if kept for long periods like in a airport parking lot! Is it worth just disabling the whole alarm. I am not sure if it's a great detergent when there is a high proportion of thefts with keyless entry cars. Any thoughts?

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
20-08-2015 12:04am