Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alarm behaviour
WB
WB

RE: Alarm behaviour

(17-04-2013 01:07am)cjh Wrote:  LR, you now have one fuming customer.......my Evoques alarm has gone off AGAIN, just the siren for 20 seconds, that fix worked well didn't it. Both barrels loaded and waiting for the service dept to open later this morning!!!! Not bloody impressed at all.

Perhaps ask for proof that they have applied the software fix - who is your dealer?
17-04-2013 09:16am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

If the fix was a software update, can you post up the software versions you have?

I too have 'the fix' so, would be interesting to see if we're all on the same version?!

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
17-04-2013 09:50am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjh

(17-04-2013 09:50am)RacingSnake Wrote:  If the fix was a software update, can you post up the software versions you have?

I too have 'the fix' so, would be interesting to see if we're all on the same version?!

will do, but i can't until tomorrow eve. It was interesting that there was some confusion between the service manager and technician at Hereford Land Rover that actually did the work whether the software had been updated, the paperwork I was shown apparently said it was updated. Anyway will post the software version installed on my Evoque tomorrow.

Ordered Oct 2012: Dynamic SD4, Firenze Red, Indus Pano, Gloss black strata, Ebony headlining
Aeroflip, Verve interior, Keyless entry, Powered Tailgate, Surround cameras, High beam assist, Heated steering wheel
17-04-2013 10:22am
WB
WB

(17-04-2013 10:22am)cjh Wrote:  will do, but i can't until tomorrow eve. It was interesting that there was some confusion between the service manager and technician at Hereford Land Rover that actually did the work whether the software had been updated, the paperwork I was shown apparently said it was updated. Anyway will post the software version installed on my Evoque tomorrow.

So sounds like there's a chance they didn't do it which in some ways would be good news. Otherwise the fix potentially doesn't work.

Seems odd that Liam hasn't been back on to tell us what the fix does...
17-04-2013 10:45am
CRC@LandRover

(17-04-2013 10:45am)WB Wrote:  So sounds like there's a chance they didn't do it which in some ways would be good news. Otherwise the fix potentially doesn't work.

Seems odd that Liam hasn't been back on to tell us what the fix does...

Hi WB,

I am currently looking into this case to see if the update has been done. The update was released to cure both battery drain and the alarm concern. The reason for the alarm going off was because the software originally released to cure the battery drain fault was causing the alarm to go off, so the engineers needed to re-engineer this.

Kind regards,
Liam

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
17-04-2013 10:53am
RacingSnake

(17-04-2013 10:53am)Liam@LandRover Wrote:  Hi WB,

I am currently looking into this case to see if the update has been done. The update was released to cure both battery drain and the alarm concern. The reason for the alarm going off was because the software originally released to cure the battery drain fault was causing the alarm to go off, so the engineers needed to re-engineer this.

Kind regards,
Liam
That's interesting... as now you mention it, I did previously have the battery drain problem (documented on here), following which then developed the alarm issue.

Still, just sitting back waiting to hear if mine goes off now!

OK, my software version... assuming I've got the right screen Laughing
3366_120109

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
(This post was last modified: 17-04-2013 11:28am by RacingSnake.)
17-04-2013 11:13am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

That figures why mine has now started occasionally sounding its alarm in the middle of the night as I had the BMS software update in early March

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-04-2013 12:45pm
MarkLondon

Mine is going in to Hadley Green for the alarm fault upgrade tomorrow. Interestingly enough, they have told me that they need the car for at least a day, which seems at odds with the 30 minute fix that has been mentioned before.

Maybe they want to thoroughly inspect and check the update after installation?

Also some people are mentioning replacement bonnet catches??

I've never had any of the battery issues, just the alarm fault.

Arrived Jan 2013 from Hadley Green Arrow Prestige SD4 Manual, Fuji White, Pan Roof, Cirrus/Lunar, Aluminium, Ivory Headliner, A/D, Privacy, Lux Pack, Xenons etc
(This post was last modified: 17-04-2013 02:07pm by MarkLondon.)
17-04-2013 02:06pm
RacingSnake

Just on that, mine didn't get any changed bonnet switches, but they did change the alarm 'sounder'.... now this may have been a stab in the dark before the fix came in (they had my car for over 3 weeks)... but we'll see.

17-04-2013 02:21pm
MarkLondon

(17-04-2013 11:13am)RacingSnake Wrote:  That's interesting... as now you mention it, I did previously have the battery drain problem (documented on here), following which then developed the alarm issue.

Still, just sitting back waiting to hear if mine goes off now!

OK, my software version... assuming I've got the right screen Laughing
3366_120109

My Evoque is an MY13 and currently has software version 3782_121019. This is pre alarm fix, which will happen tomorrow. I wonder if the version # will change or is that an overall identifier?

Arrived Jan 2013 from Hadley Green Arrow Prestige SD4 Manual, Fuji White, Pan Roof, Cirrus/Lunar, Aluminium, Ivory Headliner, A/D, Privacy, Lux Pack, Xenons etc
17-04-2013 02:31pm