Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alarm behaviour
Nantmoel

RE: Alarm behaviour

(11-04-2013 10:08pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Dear All.

I have ripped this from the other RRE forum.

"Hi all,

Firstly, I apologise on behalf of Land Rover for the recent concern regarding the alarm system on the evoque. I understand that this has caused great frustration amongst owners, their families and their neighbours.

I appreciate that some owners have been advised by the dealerships that they are unaware of the fix. I can assure you that the software update is available and has been communicated to the dealership network through standard procedure. I will be contacting highlighted dealerships who appear to be unaware of the update, ensuring that they understand where to find it and questioning why they haven’t investigated customers concerns appropriately.

Anyone who does not require my assistance regarding the issue would be urged to quote service action Q261 to the dealer which can be found on the DDW system and topiX."

Kelly LR Customer Services.

It really is time this problem was laid to rest.

Hope this helps.

Does anyone here have a subscription to topiX to view this document?

Arrived March 4th 2013: 2.2 SD4 Dynamic 5dr Auto, Firenze Red with Santorini Black Contrast Roof with full Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" Shadow Alloy Wheels, Heated Steering Wheel, Powered Tail Gate, Park Assist and TV.
12-04-2013 08:46am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wife's car

My dealer has never heard of TopiX, or so they say.
Also the comment " it really is time this problem was laid to rest" well perhaps JLR should have got there finger out earlier and treated customers as customers and passing idiots. This has been a bad experience for some customers who because of the poor way it's been handled by dealers and JLR may never buy a land rover again.
12-04-2013 09:24am
Trapdoor

I spoke with my Dealer Principal earlier in the week about a different issue, and mentioned this update to him. He told me that he had received a bulletin by email from JLR and had three vehicles in that required the update to be applied. He did say that the cars they had in the fault had not been apparent during the day, so it does seem to be night time only....

As for TOPIx, the comment from my DP when I handed the car back, and in particular about my having registered and checking the build against the VIN was "... we were unaware that customers had access to TOPIx and we need to 'understand' that they now can access it" - I read this to mean that it was less likely that they'd be able to pull the wool over customers eyes as they could get 'found out' if they were bullsh1tt1ng - so they needed to perhaps modify their responses to 'knowledgeable' customers.

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
12-04-2013 10:17am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have been using Topix since 2005, nearly 10 years, so for dealership staff to claim not to know about it is ridiculous - my experience of TSB's is that the dealership service departments get hard copies of them that get filed in a big lever arch file.................................. and forgotten about!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-04-2013 10:24am
CRC@LandRover

Hi all,

I can confirm that service action Q261 is the fix for the Alarm concern. All dealers have been made aware of this via our usual channels on DDW.

I can also confirm dealers should know what topix is as this is used throughout the JLR network. If anyone would like me to liaise with the dealer I am more than happy to do so.

Kind regards,
Liam

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
12-04-2013 10:39am
IKM

Surely then the dealers should contact affected owners this/next week, not the other way round. It appears to me that LR are still expecting owners to have to experience the alarm behaviour, then struggle to get their cars booked in!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
12-04-2013 10:41am
WB
WB

(05-04-2013 03:31pm)Liam@LandRover Wrote:  Hi Scrannel,

At this moment in time they have not provided us with exactly what the problem was, however I will probably have this by next week, which I can share with you?

Kind regards,
Liam

Liam, any news on the cause and can you share the range of VINs effected?

Thanks
12-04-2013 11:07am
Nantmoel

FINALLY - Stratstone Cardiff have contacted me and my car is booked in next Thursday to have the update uploaded to the car!

Thanks to Liam (LR), I will keep everyone informed if it finally happens (see previous posts)

Arrived March 4th 2013: 2.2 SD4 Dynamic 5dr Auto, Firenze Red with Santorini Black Contrast Roof with full Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" Shadow Alloy Wheels, Heated Steering Wheel, Powered Tail Gate, Park Assist and TV.
12-04-2013 12:07pm
Offroadstu

Apparently the Q261 was titled "Eco start stop fix" so my dealer ignored it as i have an SD4 auto. LR need to sort out communication with dealers. Surely one of the biggest issues LR currently have is this Alarm issue which should justify a specific communication. It took me to tell a service manager how to fix my car, rediculous.
Very frustrated having been patient for so long.
12-04-2013 05:14pm
cjh

Well my car has had the software update....i was told the bonnet micoswitch also needs doing as part of the fix? Does anyone else know about this? Anyway I'll keep you all posted if my alarm goes off in the middle of the night again....but it will after LR get both barrels!

Ordered Oct 2012: Dynamic SD4, Firenze Red, Indus Pano, Gloss black strata, Ebony headlining
Aeroflip, Verve interior, Keyless entry, Powered Tailgate, Surround cameras, High beam assist, Heated steering wheel
12-04-2013 07:19pm