Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
changing grill etc to black by dealer
carneil3

changing grill etc to black by dealer

hi all, new here and due to pick up the new addition , got a question, could i have asked my landrover dealer to change my atlas grey trim to the black trim.He told me it was not possible and i would have to put them on after i get the car at an extra cost or spray the parts, just wandering if anyone has got these changed by the dealer at no extra cost or a slight cost, parts are around 650 quit before fitting?????

cheers,
03-04-2013 01:40pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: changing grill etc to black by dealer

All depends on the deal you got on the car. Did you get a discount or other freebies thrown in?

The grill itself is about £120. Probably cheapest to have that sprayed and vinyl wrap the side vents and rear tailgate trim.
03-04-2013 01:51pm
carneil3

(03-04-2013 01:51pm)WB Wrote:  All depends on the deal you got on the car. Did you get a discount or other freebies thrown in?

The grill itself is about £120. Probably cheapest to have that sprayed and vinyl wrap the side vents and rear tailgate trim.

nah, you know dealers, they do not give much away, think your right regarding spraying and wrapping. thanks for the update

neil
03-04-2013 02:45pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Why not just buy a Dynamic's grille from the dealer's parts dept or from Dan@Duckworths, save a lot of hassle with painting. Same with the side vents, they are only trim and not functional. The dealer missed a trick by saying you couldn't do it as I'm sure they would make a tidy profit from supplying the car with the extra black bits, and you can always sell on the Atlas bits here or on a well known auction website

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2013 05:44pm by XFullFatTim.)
03-04-2013 05:40pm
Evogirl

Asked my dealer to add black grill, side vents, mirror caps and tailgate bar all done prior to collection for £400.
03-04-2013 07:06pm
WB
WB

(03-04-2013 02:45pm)carneil3 Wrote:  nah, you know dealers, they do not give much away, think your right regarding spraying and wrapping. thanks for the update

neil

If you're buying a car at this time you should be getting about 5% off - if not you should cancel your order and place another one - lead times are much better now and discounts are very achievable!
03-04-2013 07:56pm
The Valeter

On my Pure Tech that came with the Brunel grill I was going to get a Black Dynamic grill from the dealer but ended up getting one from a fellow member on this forum cheaper. I took that to the dealer & fitted it myself with a little assistance from the guy in the parts department. I then sold the Brunel grill to another member on here so all worked out well.

As in another thread I wanted other body parts custom coloured & my dealer organized it for me & at a very good price too!!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2013 10:16pm by The Valeter.)
03-04-2013 10:16pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SINGHY

See link below of mine with roof, side vents , mirrors and waist rail wrapped in gloss black. I bought a dynamic grill and fitted it myself

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-My-Orkney...loss-black

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
03-04-2013 10:26pm