babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
changing grill etc to black by dealer - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: changing grill etc to black by dealer (/Thread-changing-grill-etc-to-black-by-dealer)

changing grill etc to black by dealer - carneil3 - 03-04-2013 01:40pm

hi all, new here and due to pick up the new addition , got a question, could i have asked my landrover dealer to change my atlas grey trim to the black trim.He told me it was not possible and i would have to put them on after i get the car at an extra cost or spray the parts, just wandering if anyone has got these changed by the dealer at no extra cost or a slight cost, parts are around 650 quit before fitting?????

cheers,

RE: changing grill etc to black by dealer - WB - 03-04-2013 01:51pm

All depends on the deal you got on the car. Did you get a discount or other freebies thrown in?

The grill itself is about £120. Probably cheapest to have that sprayed and vinyl wrap the side vents and rear tailgate trim.

RE: changing grill etc to black by dealer - carneil3 - 03-04-2013 02:45pm

(03-04-2013 01:51pm)WB Wrote:  All depends on the deal you got on the car. Did you get a discount or other freebies thrown in?

The grill itself is about £120. Probably cheapest to have that sprayed and vinyl wrap the side vents and rear tailgate trim.

nah, you know dealers, they do not give much away, think your right regarding spraying and wrapping. thanks for the update

neil

RE: changing grill etc to black by dealer - XFullFatTim - 03-04-2013 05:40pm

Why not just buy a Dynamic's grille from the dealer's parts dept or from Dan@Duckworths, save a lot of hassle with painting. Same with the side vents, they are only trim and not functional. The dealer missed a trick by saying you couldn't do it as I'm sure they would make a tidy profit from supplying the car with the extra black bits, and you can always sell on the Atlas bits here or on a well known auction website

RE: changing grill etc to black by dealer - Evogirl - 03-04-2013 07:06pm

Asked my dealer to add black grill, side vents, mirror caps and tailgate bar all done prior to collection for £400.

RE: changing grill etc to black by dealer - WB - 03-04-2013 07:56pm

(03-04-2013 02:45pm)carneil3 Wrote:  nah, you know dealers, they do not give much away, think your right regarding spraying and wrapping. thanks for the update

neil

If you're buying a car at this time you should be getting about 5% off - if not you should cancel your order and place another one - lead times are much better now and discounts are very achievable!

RE: changing grill etc to black by dealer - The Valeter - 03-04-2013 10:16pm

On my Pure Tech that came with the Brunel grill I was going to get a Black Dynamic grill from the dealer but ended up getting one from a fellow member on this forum cheaper. I took that to the dealer & fitted it myself with a little assistance from the guy in the parts department. I then sold the Brunel grill to another member on here so all worked out well.

As in another thread I wanted other body parts custom coloured & my dealer organized it for me & at a very good price too!!

RE: changing grill etc to black by dealer - SINGHY - 03-04-2013 10:26pm

See link below of mine with roof, side vents , mirrors and waist rail wrapped in gloss black. I bought a dynamic grill and fitted it myself

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-My-Orkney-Grey-with-Roof-Side-Vents-Mirrors-and-Waist-rail-wrapped-in-gloss-black