Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 2.6 Average
Xenon delays
xxxx5

RE: Xenon delays

Tim i hope your right!

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
26-09-2011 06:59am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Charlie
No Longer Registered

I think it's highly unlikely they will remove them from any order, unfortunately it will only extend the build/delivery date. I don't think it's a case of Dynamics and Prestiges jumping the queue it's prioritising what's already down the line and not holding up production. Pures were always going to be built later so just pushes the date back of those further. Dealers won't be able to give you any further info until your car is due to go into production. Saying that they should be keeping you updated with all events at Halewood.
26-09-2011 07:11am
GibEvoque

What is the actual issue with the Xenons, I understand it is a casse of the supplier not keeping up, but what is the reason for the delays, faults in the manufacturing process, or elements of the lights which are in short supply. Seems to be a serious cock up in the planning at either LR or the supplier.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
26-09-2011 08:31am
mark_n

Based on what I saw at Halewood last week, the part they are REALLY short of is the plastic trim piece at the top of the front wings. Lots of cars with this part missing.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
26-09-2011 05:13pm
Louie

I rang the Land Rover call centre this morning enquiring about the issue of Xenon headlights on Pure's. They advised that they were not aware of any issues and that if you ordered the Xenon option you should still get them. However, they did suggest that you should contact your dealer regarding any issues on delivery.

Lets hope that all this is just scaremongering and that we will get what we have ordered and hopefully on time.

Banging HeadBanging Head

Pure SD4 Firenze Red, manual with tech pack, pano roof, auto dimming rear view mirror, xenons & fogs
Delivered Very HappyVery Happy[/font]
26-09-2011 06:08pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Just goes to show how little the call centre knows if they direct you back to the dealer.
26-09-2011 07:08pm
LP

Xenon delays

I twitted RangeRover_UK and they told me to contact my dealer... who tell me they don't have any information on top of what they have already told me (that no new orders for Pure models can have Xenons and that existing orders may have them removed).
26-09-2011 07:38pm
EVO PUNDITT

I could'nt get hold of my salesman today,so will try tomorrow.As buyers all we want is an official statement on where we stand reg to xenon,surely they owe us that!

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
26-09-2011 08:04pm
xxxx5

Emailed my dealer today, he said that they have no further information regarding my order or if it has been effected by the xenon supply issue, but still confident that I will have them on mine when it arrives. I actually don't know if LR and the dealers really know the true issue.

There is a totally lack of communication from dealers and LR, it's a bit of sorry joke.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
26-09-2011 08:04pm
vinny

Am I alone in thinking this xenon issue might be a ploy by LR to drive more people into the more expensive models?
All the cars used in the launch events were prestige or dynamic.
All the cars used in magazines or promotional literature were prestige or dynamic
Now a so called shortage of xenons only effects the pure model
Already a few people on this forum have changed from pures to prestige or dynamics - think it may be working
Conspiracy theory??........Cool

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
26-09-2011 08:28pm