Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 2.6 Average
Xenon delays
EVO PUNDITT

RE: Xenon delays

Spoke to my Dealer today ,all he had to say was as far as he knows xenons have been withdrawn from pure and he has no confirmation regarding my order or build date and there has been no updates as of yet! not happy!!!

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
27-09-2011 02:44pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JRL2W

Just received from my dealer a print out of my order. Original build date was 25th November, with delivery date of 8th December. New build date is 16th December with delivery now showing as 30th December. I assume this is due to my specifying Bi-Xenons.

Not unduly concerned, as I can now have it registered for 2012. Smile

5 door Pure SD4 auto in Firenze Red with Tech and Style packs + Bi Xenons.
GOT IT, AT LAST ! Very Happy
4 x 4 x Really Far!
27-09-2011 03:16pm
mark_n

Similar picture here. My dealer tells me Xenons have been withdrawn from new Pure orders (not sure if existing orders are affected or simply delayed) and current build date is unchanged for my car with an update on Monday. It's clear that, for whatever reason, there are not enough Xenons (working Xenons?) to go round. One forum member reports news of quality problems to me, may also just be excessive demand.

It's interesting that even Pures are being spec'd up which suggests LR have maybe pitched the Pure spec too low to grab a low headline price.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 27-09-2011 06:13pm by mark_n.)
27-09-2011 06:12pm
DynamicRRV

My dealer also mentione the reason for our delay in delivery by two weeks us due to the xenon shortage. If it drags on anymore I would honestly consider cancelling as by the time it comes to collect the wow factor may have worn
Off!!!? Hope not though !
27-09-2011 07:05pm
vinny

Notice the xenons are no longer an option on the configurator.
If existing pure orders are going to loose their xenons (hope not)I take it the auto levelling and headlight wash features will be lost as well??

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
27-09-2011 07:31pm
EVO PUNDITT

I'm gonna give two more weeks and then I'll seriously think of canceling if L/R don't get their act together.I'm starting to think if these are the problems now,what problems do we face later on.Different car but same old L/R,same people running it,just different owners.

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
27-09-2011 07:48pm
Evoqess

Uh Oh! People thinking of canceling orders because of xenon delays- I didn't even order those after having had two vehicles with them and 99% of my driving at night being urban and well lit - well, won't even notice the difference. Puddle lamps are actually more important. Smile
Yes, I'm decided - if my puddle lamps are somehow forgotten I will place ANOTHER order because I do want to send LR some positivity right now.
I really feel for those factory workers today, working so hard around the clock and now, undoubtedly their morale taking shuddering blow with the loss of a coworker.

And to the post talking about "wow factor" - I think every vehicle, from Hyundai Velosters to a Veyron's initial impact fades - with the owner and general public. What won't fade so quick is the memory of Halewood's accident.
Now, after hearing of this tragedy - I'm resolutely giving LR the benefit of the doubt on every level. I'm not going to be bugging my salesperson and if
my car is delayed so be it. Any issues - well that's what my 4 yr warranty will be for. Today, my "wow" is said with a devastated tone.

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
27-09-2011 08:52pm
vinny

4 year warranty??

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
27-09-2011 09:01pm
J77

4yrs Shocked

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
27-09-2011 09:31pm
cutter7

(27-09-2011 07:31pm)vinny Wrote:  Notice the xenons are no longer an option on the configurator.
If existing pure orders are going to loose their xenons (hope not)I take it the auto levelling and headlight wash features will be lost as well??

Just checked as well, the lots gone..!Crying

I still believe if you have ticked 'Xenons' on your order, that they will come through. (sometime)

LR have to make some sort of statement soon about these headlamps, some dealers have taken 2k deposits from customers, many many months ago.

My dealer does not return e-mails at the moment, because he can't answer my questions!, he really does not know whats going on, because of the constant re-shuffling regarding deliveries!

I could sell my car next week, and then be told "delivery could be well after Xmas know" i don't want to put myself in this position over a set of headlamps, so i have 3 options:

1, Tell the dealership, i'll take the car without 'Xenons' (October delivery)

2, Wait until LR decide to tell the dealership, when i can have my car with 'Xenons'

3, Cancel the order..

At the moment it's choice 2, but i want this car, so i might have to switch to option 1..Embarrassed

27-09-2011 09:45pm