Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 2.6 Average
Xenon delays
EVO PUNDITT

RE: Xenon delays

(25-09-2011 04:59pm)Wicksy Wrote:  
(25-09-2011 04:42pm)EVO PUNDITT Wrote:  I went to my dealer today (surprised they are open) to find out what the hell is going on and my salesman wasn't there,but the sales rep told me xenons had been removed from the pure. I'd have to speak to my salesman regarding my order, so will be onto him tomorrow.
I'm sure it will just be on very recent orders, Evo. As already said, I've had it confirmed that the xenons will be staying on my Pure

I sure hope so, spend over 30 grand , put an early deposit,go on the waiting list, go to live,unleashed,drive the car and then to be told the xenons you have specced are removed then I will cancel my order. Fantastic car,fantastic people making the car, as for L/R you decide.

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
25-09-2011 06:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cutter7

I would of thought that if LR had withdrawn Xenons from Pures, then the first action they would take would be to delete the option of adding these to the Pure build from their Website?

As of 10mn's ago i have checked if Xenons are missing from their exterior options but they are STILL listed, so you can still build a Pure with the option of Xenons @ £710.00, or the Adaptive units @ £1015.00.

We seem to go round and round on this subject, When we speak to our dealers about this, and some of us are being told " No LR would not do this, or i have not heard anything about this, where did this come from" and others being told " all Xenons have been removed from Pure orders" It isn't nice to read when your order is 6 months and being pushed back and back!.

My first delivery date was mid October, then it went back to mid November, now its gone back again to December.

It seems to me if you order a Dynamic your 'bloody' order goes straight to the front? (why) my Pure with all the options, that i have ordered comes to more than the price of a Dynamic!, and yet my order has been pushed back 3 times!, and then i read, if it's true, that all orders for a Pure will lose the their Xenons!.

My dealer still insists that" LR would not take Xenons away from Pure orders".. I hope he's right.

If Xenons have been deleted from Pure builds surely by now, somebody collecting their car very soon, must of been told about this? you can't accept a car if its not to your spec..Sad

25-09-2011 06:55pm
xxxx5

My dealer told me that my Pure order will not be effected by the Xenon issue, because of when I placed my order. (March).

I hope he is right, other wise there is going to be a lot of problems and I WILL ensure I get the car I ordered.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
25-09-2011 07:19pm
cjfp

FYI @ 1924 on 25 Sep, the LR build website still lets you spec Xenons (both normal and adaptive) on a Pure. Thinking about it, why should LR remove them? - if someone wants to spec them, then give then the correct expected timeframe and let the customer make their mind up whether they want to wait for them or keep std Halogen lights.

As I said in other posts, I was told that orders with Xenons spec'd would be fulfilled, its all just a matter of waiting.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
25-09-2011 07:26pm
cjfp

FYI @ 1924 on 25 Sep, the LR build website still lets you spec Xenons (both normal and adaptive) on a Pure. Thinking about it, why should LR remove them? - if someone wants to spec them, then give then the correct expected timeframe and let the customer make their mind up whether they want to wait for them or keep std Halogen lights.

As I said in other posts, I was told that orders with Xenons spec'd would be fulfilled, its all just a matter of waiting.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
25-09-2011 07:26pm
LP

Xenon delays

In agreement with you cjfp. Dealers should make it clear that the wait times are longer for Pure orders with Xenons... But they should keep them as an option.

Am out of the country at the moment but have emailed my dealer to try and get an answer as to what is going on with my order.

Perhaps Nick from Land Rover customer services could give us the official line?
25-09-2011 07:36pm
xxxx5

cjfp - lets hope so. Whilst LR might have a supply issue, it will cost them money £710 per order and a massive PR issue for the future. Especially if I go to BBC watch dog!

Imagine the story - "Car of the year, and customers who placed orders before they were released and specified a safety item on there cars have had part of there order removed because of a supply issue".
Perhaps Nick from Land Rover customer services could give us the official line?
[/quote]

Sorry but I have never found Nick to be any help at all, so I won't hold my breath that he can give any positive update to the issue. No offence to Nick, but I think it is a PR exercise by LR to have someone on this forum. I think he is gagged in what he can say.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
(This post was last modified: 25-09-2011 07:42pm by xxxx5.)
25-09-2011 07:39pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

If you read the small print on the configurator it does state that it isn't accurate and to check with your dealer in case things change. I'm afraid that the LR website has a reputation for being inaccurate, often to the extent that it states you can fit items to cars that the dealer configurator says is impossible. I doubt there is a car maker on this earth that has a 100% accurate configuration. It would be worth running a book on how long it takes LR to update the website. I'm not supporting their computer department, it is the weekend after all and they are probably out enjoying their new Evoque Pures with Xenoon headlights, brought using their employees discount

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 25-09-2011 07:47pm by XFullFatTim.)
25-09-2011 07:42pm
vinny

Dont know what I would do if they got taken off my order,still would probably take the car but be very unhappy with LR.
The xenons were first pick when I specced mine with pano roof a close second.
Think it would be a bit naff/boy-racer to fit an aftermarket kit on such a nice vehicle,are the halogen bulbs H3 or H7 or something else?

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
25-09-2011 08:16pm
cutter7

(25-09-2011 07:19pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  My dealer told me that my Pure order will not be effected by the Xenon issue, because of when I placed my order. (March).

I hope he is right, other wise there is going to be a lot of problems and I WILL ensure I get the car I ordered.

I've been told the same, I'm pissed of with this Xenon bullshit going on, and i do believe that what we have ordered we will get.

If Xenons were to be deleted it would effect all 3 builds in some way! i.e. p/p/d, but it has not..so there can't be that much of a problem..

My summary is this:

What we have ordered, i do believe, will be delivered, it is a great product from start to finish!. We must keep in contact or hassle the Sales Managers of our dealerships, until we are satisfied with the spec/order that we have placed with them. (remember we are buying 'New' and the product needs great feedback from us.. the Customer)

Most Important, remember we pay their wages..Exclamation

25-09-2011 08:19pm