Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NOT GOOD ENOUGH
hybris

RE: NOT GOOD ENOUGH

My Evoque cost £50000 and don't have much extras. Then its like £65000 over here! Do you think that is a good price? It seems the UK Range Rovers have a lower price and more standard. Great for you. Sad for me.

All reports I have read about the Evoque is that its very expensive compared to competition. (Non UK). Even though I understand that there are some feelings here as we have all ordered the car. Still be realistic. We pay for the design. Its not a good price/performance for the size car we get. The Evoque is almost 60 cm shorter than a 5-series as one example.

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
(This post was last modified: 20-10-2011 10:21pm by hybris.)
20-10-2011 08:42pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SW6RR

NOT GOOD ENOUGH

It is a bit of a Tardis though, remember. Interior space in the externally diminutive Evoque is incredible when you consider that it trumps the likes of an X6. Obsession with exterior size has been discussed at length on other threads. The Evoque really is so impressive in so many ways, and in some ways it does make the X5 and X6 look like dinosaurs.

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
20-10-2011 08:47pm
berlin2011

Hybris, you make a terrific argument for buying yourself another Beemer. Reading your posts, I really don't understand why you get yourself so worked up about the Evoque.

Just cancel your order and do the sensible thing and go get yourself that X6, which as you have already pointed out to the rest of us in countless posts is far superior to the Evoque in every respect.....

Maybe it's just me but I really cannot read another "RR is so bad bla bla bla, BMW however is so perfect bla bla bla". It's starting to feel like that movie American Pie where the girl started every sentence with "One time at band camp...."

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
20-10-2011 09:09pm
hybris

Agree that is really nice inside. Much larger than you would first expect. One of the reasons I ordered it! Wink If you are used to Volvo V70, XC90, X5, Passat etc room in the back yes its smaller but not as bad as you first think. BTW one of the things to test good when you consider the car.

Regarding dinosaurs... I was thinking on the rest of the Range Rover range when you said that... Wink

For my family its good. Four people. Enough place in the back. Enough booth. Great comfort. Great design. The one thing I miss the most is a retractable tow bar! The fixed ones destroy the looks on the car a lot. Hope they find a better solution for this in the future.

(20-10-2011 02:54pm)vision*R Wrote:  Hybris, I have the same bad feeling as you. My dealer hasn't put my order into Vista yet (hence no build date or anything), but nevertheless he claims I will definitely get a November / December build slot. It seems European orders are handled differently from UK orders? I understand the dealership has "reserved" slots which they fill in later on? I have no clue why they do this (as it causes a lot of uncertainty, if the build slot is reserved, why not tell me which one it is?), but nothing much we can do about it, right?

I think they do it so they have control and can change things around! (conspiracy theory) If they put my/your order in they get locked to our order. So now with the delays they can change to purrs without LED etc. Im just speculating heavily here but...

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
(This post was last modified: 20-10-2011 09:54pm by hybris.)
20-10-2011 09:17pm